You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Torres

Kopite Pete

I'd liike to hear Torres say he's staying but it's promising.

Agree but like Hodgson has said Torres is keeping a low profile and not talking to any journo's but as obviously spoken to the management at the club.

After hearing those words from Hodgson i fully expect Torres on his return to training on Monday to release a statement like Gerrard did saying he is looking forward to the upcoming season.

Agree but like Hodgson has said Torres is keeping a low profile and not talking to any journo's but as obviously spoken to the management at the club.

After hearing those words from Hodgson i fully expect Torres on his return to training on Monday to release a statement like Gerrard did saying he is looking forward to the upcoming season.

Exactly, the lad is on a holiday and has no need to break that to make any statement. He's obviously in contact with the right people and from what Roy has said he is making the right noises. He'll get back next week and all will be sorted.

I have always kept faith in the lad's loyalty and integrity. He's said he won't sign for another English club and I believe him. Likewise, I think he'll stay if he sees improvements, maybe Masch going will allow the manager to make those improvements so this could well be a blessing in disguise.

Yesterday's bollocks on talksport was nothing more than a money/publicity making ploy for Paddy Power. How many books have closed regarding Liverpool over the past few years? They know whatever they say about us they are sure to get a reaction.

Agreed, And he is back on Monday, I was dreading it was next Thursdsay which is another week.

I don't know how Torres has the cheek to demand player signings, investment etc as a precursor to staying put. I mean he's a fucking great striker and all that but we were the ones who took a chance with him.

Realistically there are only a handful of clubs in europe with the prestige and chance of winning silverware and not every great player can win everything all the time and they can't all play for Barcelona or whoever.

Just concentrate on putting in a full season of hard fucking graft and quit flashing your fucking knickers.

I think if your arguably the best striker in the world and command an 80 Million transfer fee, I think that gives you the license to do whatever the fuck you want.

I think Torres will stay.

However, I think Mascherano and Dirk might both be sold to Inter.

If that happens I suspect we will get Remy and Taiwo/Figueroa, plus a lesser defensive midfielder.

This will be another window of negative net spending; yet strangely, if something like the above happens, we will all enter the new season with a bit of a sigh of relief and some cautious optimism for a decent season as Roy shapes the squad even without oodles of cash.

If I was him I'd be fucking around with Purslow as much as possible to make sure another striker was going to help out with the season ahead. It's not going to harm anyone if we have better backup, and it might even prevent Nando being needed almost every game and getting injured again because of that.