You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Defour

Malarkey

I think Lucas, Gerrard and Meireles can play as our midfield three at least until January, see how it works out.

We could do with a pure destroyer type player to replace Poulsen, but I don't think CM ought to be a position of priority. Getting some wide players and a solid defence in have to be far more pressing concerns.

Be nice to have a 3 strong attackin midfield as apposed to the Lucas (holding midfield) and Poulson (no fucken idea what midfield play he attempts) way of life we have now, especially if this means cole can play in the hole just behind Nando. Gerrard can play his earlier game,pingin the odd ball or 2 over the top.

-----------Reina-----------

Kelly--Carragher--Greek--Agger

Meireles----Gerrard----Defour

------------Cole-------------

-------Kuyt----Nando--------

Edited by ScoureRich86
Cos am shit an cant spell

Sure, I would love to see Gerrard allowed to play off Torres.

But my ideal midfield target would be Michael Bradley, cheaper too.

What I'm getting at is isn't defour too similar to meireles and wouldn't we be better served with a stronger defensive midfielder type to compliment the midfielders we already have rather than adding a similar player.

Sure, I would love to see Gerrard allowed to play off Torres.

But my ideal midfield target would be Michael Bradley, cheaper too.

take this from me (an american who's watched bradley play in MLS, through to Holland and then Germany, and countless times for the US national team).

michael bradley isn't good enough for us. he's just not, he would have you off your rocker in the first 10 games you watched. he's a very good player, but he's found his level at gladbach.

take this from me (an american who's watched bradley play in MLS, through to Holland and then Germany, and countless times for the US national team).

michael bradley isn't good enough for us. he's just not, he would have you off your rocker in the first 10 games you watched. he's a very good player, but he's found his level at gladbach.

You dont think hes a young player who could develop into something really good?

I think Bradley might be worth a punt as he would be very cheap and has the physical attributes already. He has also improved immensely over the last 18 months, enough to look to me like the best player on the US team. Dempsey and Donovan are no better than he is right now and they can get a game over here. Eddie Johnson and Altidore are not as good imo and they can too.

I think Bradley might be worth a punt as he would be very cheap and has the physical attributes already. He has also improved immensely over the last 18 months, enough to look to me like the best player on the US team. Dempsey and Donovan are no better than he is right now and they can get a game over here. Eddie Johnson and Altidore are not as good imo and they can too.

donovan is the best US player bar none. bradley is an all action midfielder yes, but technically he's not good enough, he gives the ball away under high pressure far too easily. he's be a step up on lucas yes, but he would be a squad player for us, nothing more.

You dont think hes a young player who could develop into something really good?

i love watching the kid, don't get me wrong. but he'll be a kevin nolan level player, nothing more. very good, not great and certainly not liverpool's level.

just watch stuart holden for bolton this weekend. i rate holden very highly, at bradleys level in my mind (though they are different players), and holden isn't good enough for us.

or watch maurice edu for rangers, same type of player as bradley, not good enough for us.

he'll keep getting better yeah, but he'll never that good.

Affelay would be a great buy just what we need a winger, and he has 1:3(ish) goals to game ratio which is pretty good for a winger can play either side left or right wing ..Affelay and Mata/Turan (possible maybe as we have gave them quite a few of our old players), get in Llorente, and we wont be where we are now ..if even Roy is still in charge!

Guest PurpleNose
Why would all these players who are playing at top european teams want to join a team in the relegation places with no European football at all a possibility next season.

The outlook could change quite rapidly when we get a decent manager.