You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My mate who is a propper film buff said this.

OMG!!!!!!!!! Inception, can i just give Christaphor Nolan kudos for directing possibly one of the most intriguing films i have EVER seen epic shit alll the way through my mouth was open the entire time!!!!!!! P.s Anyone who hasn't seen it, DO IT!!!!!

I'd be concerned if he was a friend of mine, for sure.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it again today, and gotta say that it's an insanely intelligent film, seeing it for the second time hit it home to me just how good it is. It's not the genre that I usually get a huge buzz off but it's just put together so well.

9/10, despite what I said in my last posts. I won't rate it higher if I see it again, but I don't think I'll rate it lower either. Great film.

Saw it the other night and absolutely loved it. My sister and her mate went to see some bullshit about vampires and something else thats not real, so me and her boyfriend went to see this and we've convinced them they need to see it, so we're going back next week some time to see it in IMAX. Never seen a film on IMAX before, any good? I don't entirely see the appeal in having a screen 'the size of a five story building and four buses nose to nose'. Just seems too big to enjoy.

Went to see it today without realising all the buzz and promise about the film. I've never watched a film with such relentless pounding action, was hugely intense and very watchable. The slightly OTT explanations and technicalities got on my wick a little, but I always mention slight flaws in films I enjoy. I feel compelled to compare it with the Matrix and it comes out far more favourably as it had likeable and charismatic characters. Very stylish, brilliantly directed and almost unbearably fast paced. 8/10.

Just back from it. Fucking loved it to be honest, even if you don't want to delve too far into what's actually going it's a great big epic intense action movie. I can;t wait to see it again where all that exposition in the first third of the movie will be less work and maybe answer one or two things.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

To all the people who are wondering whether it was all a dream:

Ellen Page's character is called Ariadne. In Greek mythology Ariadne lead Theseus out of the labyrinth after he had killed the Minotaur.

Seems to strengthen the theory that she is a part of his subconscious.

That's a bit too 'Lost'-y for me.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I think Ellen Page was real, but in the end he's still trapped in his own subconscious because when he finally gets reunited with his kids they were just as he had imagined them when he last seen them.

But i think Nolan has really left it up to the audience to decide for themselves, that there's no right or wrong explanation really, and you can make you want of it. Which I think is just wonderful....hats off to Nolan once again, a true master of his craft at the top of his game. And Zimmer too, awesome score.

Edited by The Dude Abides

Just back from it. Fucking loved it to be honest, even if you don't want to delve too far into what's actually going it's a great big epic intense action movie.

That's a bit too 'Lost'-y for me. And paper thin tbh.

I think Ellen Page was real, but in the end he's still trapped in his own subconscious because when he finally gets reunited with his kids they were just as he had imagined them when he last seen them.

Others have said that but according to imdb it wasn't even the same actors playing them in the end scene. It was kids two years older. Mind you that would go closer to suggesting it was real, but then maybe the kids themselves never existed blah blah too far too far.

Others have said that but according to imdb it wasn't even the same actors playing them in the end scene. It was kids two years older. Mind you that would go closer to suggesting it was real, but then maybe the kids themselves never existed blah blah too far too far.

My head hurts now.

But just to go on your theory, if Page is made up, then what is Leo waking up from in the end, how far back are you going with that?

you really could go on and on.

Saw it last night and was blown away by the entire production. Di Caprio hits top form again and has a brilliant supporting cast helping him all the way. Storyline is the thing that gets me. I really want him to have woken up for real but I cant say for sure. I've been trying to figure it out all night and morning. Which gives massive kudos to Nolan for creating such a quality film.

THe actions scene in the hotel are breathtaking. The fight scene held at zero gravity blew my mind! Excellent!

I loved this film and it is easily the best film of the year so far for me.

Best film I have seen in ages.thought provoking.a mixture of Matrix,suspense,action.love,mystery,other realms and some great fuckin acting am going again tomorrow after a week has gone by since I seen it its time for another look.

My mate who is a propper film buff said this.

OMG!!!!!!!!! Inception, can i just give Christaphor Nolan kudos for directing possibly one of the most intriguing films i have EVER seen, epic shit alll the way through, my mouth was open the entire time!!!!!!! P.s Anyone who hasn't seen it, DO IT!!!!!

You're friends with Joe Cole?

For what it's worth my interpretation of the final scene was that he was home to his kids and so was living his dream. The continued spinning of the totum was a metaphor. I also think just as the film cuts to credits the totum starts to wobble

Anyway, regardless of the ending. That was the most I have enjoyed a film for a long time. It's definitely one to be seen in the cinema & it was the first time Id been to the cinema for 2 years so I chose the right time to go back.

Brilliant performances from the entire cast. It was very stylishly shot and the storyline was gripping. I liked pretty much everything about it. As someone else said, they could have pulled on the heart strings a bit more, but that's just being picky.

If you haven't seen it - go and see it!

Is there any explanation as to why Fischer doesn't remember Cobb and the others when he wakes up on the plane and sees them all?

He can and does.

Guest the boy

It's not insanely intelligent: it's insanely pretentious.

I went with such high hopes; a bladerunner for the next generation. Greeted with a load of hokum and some impressive choreography, I was disappointed. Kubrick? Oh, please.

Of the supporting cast i thought Tom Hardy and Ken Watanabe were particulary good.

Agreed, both fantastically underrated actors.

I just got back from the pictures from watching this 20 minutes ago, and I must say it has greatly exceeded my expectations.

In parts, Inception reminded me of Oceans 11 (!), Bourne, The Matrix and...

the wonderful ending quite reminded me of a version of film of which I'm not a big fan, Bladerunner.

My favourite version of Bladerunner has the subtle ending where James Edward Olmos' character builds his oragami unicorn, meaning that Ford is a replicant after all.

In Inception, DiCaprio spins his totem but then simply leaves it, realising that the love he feels for his kids is the one real truth. He leaves the totem spinning, caring not whether it falls or spins on.

Oh, and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, anyone ?!

I'd give this film, after 1 watch, probably about 8 or 9 out of 10.

For the ending, I'd rate it an easy 10. One of the best film endings I think I can ever recall.

Just got back from seeing this; I'll give it a 7/10: not nearly as clever as Memento, not as stylish as the Matrix, not as visually impressive as The Fall or Hero, not as action packed as the Bourne films, but it was entertaining and the score was excellent.

(Everytime I see Cillian Murphy I can't help but think he's The Scarecrow and he's in the wrong film.)