You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy Rumour Mill (Takeover bids, transfer talks etc)

WhiskeyJar

From L'Equipe

"West Ham have agreed 17.75m euro fee with Nice but Nice unhappy with payment plan. Liverpool, yet to bid, have agreed 5-year deal with Remy"

"Nice club meeting to discuss Loic Remy's future will take place tomorrow night"

Edit to include quote from Nice president Gilbert Stellardo

"For the moment it's the same status quo, but if Liverpool make an offer things will be done swiftly.

"The amount (offered by West Ham) suits me but not the payment method.

"West Ham want to buy Loic because they think he could rapidly be worth 10million euros more if he plays in England. They don't want us to pay the full sum all at once."

The old boost up the fee shennanigans, they can fuck of for anywhere near 17-18 million, the kid has done fuck all of note to warrant such a fee.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets hope he and our dodgy scouting department has done some homework if we're gonna fork out some serious moola on this unproven kid. I trust Rot but our scouts on the otherhand well.........

purslow_tie_516x350_57987a.jpg

+

art_eduardo_macia.jpg

[YOUTUBE]gNbjnf1p5eI&feature=fvst[/YOUTUBE]

Poulsen in Liverpool link

Sunday 18 July, 2010

Liverpool are pondering a bid for Juventus midfielder Christian Poulsen, according to reports.

The Danish international is, like many of his Turin teammates, available for transfer at the right price.

According to whispers, the Premiership outfit are considering a move for the player at the request of new boss Roy Hodgson.

Juventus are ready to sell one from Poulsen, Momo Sissoko and Felipe Melo after the outfit failed to qualify for the Champions League next season.

Poulsen could be being targeted by the Anfield boys as a possible replacement for Javier Mascherano.

The Argentine's future in England is in doubt given that he is wanted by new Inter boss Rafael Benitez at San Siro.

Poulsen arrived at Juventus from Sevilla in the summer of 2008 but has endured two difficult seasons with the Bianconeri.

That I don't know. But I know I've never seen anything to suggest Melo is any good.

One quality season at Fiorentina, went for over £20 million to Juventus. I think he'd be pretty decent in the Premier League. Not suited to Serie A at all though. Juve also signed Diego for over £20 million last summer as well, he had a poor season also, poor summer business for them. No wonder they had such a shite season.

Poulsen in Liverpool link

Sunday 18 July, 2010

Liverpool are pondering a bid for Juventus midfielder Christian Poulsen, according to reports.

The Danish international is, like many of his Turin teammates, available for transfer at the right price.

According to whispers, the Premiership outfit are considering a move for the player at the request of new boss Roy Hodgson.

Juventus are ready to sell one from Poulsen, Momo Sissoko and Felipe Melo after the outfit failed to qualify for the Champions League next season.

Poulsen could be being targeted by the Anfield boys as a possible replacement for Javier Mascherano.

The Argentine's future in England is in doubt given that he is wanted by new Inter boss Rafael Benitez at San Siro.

Poulsen arrived at Juventus from Sevilla in the summer of 2008 but has endured two difficult seasons with the Bianconeri.

Hodgson on Christian Poulsen (Denmark): "At the beginning of the season he was unwanted at Juventus, who had signed the Brazilian international Felipe Melo for 20m euros to take his place.

Despite this replacement signing, Poulsen started Juve’s league campaign and was an important figure for them up until the time he broke his leg. Now fully recovered, I expect him to shoulder responsibility for Denmark’s midfield where as a holding player he not only reads the game but also provides the tackles, the passing and the example to team-mates that coach Morten Olsson depends upon. He’s relied upon heavily to dictate the style of play. Denmark could surprise a few people."

Hodgson on Christian Poulsen (Denmark): "At the beginning of the season he was unwanted at Juventus, who had signed the Brazilian international Felipe Melo for 20m euros to take his place.

Despite this replacement signing, Poulsen started Juve’s league campaign and was an important figure for them up until the time he broke his leg. Now fully recovered, I expect him to shoulder responsibility for Denmark’s midfield where as a holding player he not only reads the game but also provides the tackles, the passing and the example to team-mates that coach Morten Olsson depends upon. He’s relied upon heavily to dictate the style of play. Denmark could surprise a few people."

interesting if unrelated to the article, however the journo could've just dug this up and made a story of it