You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cynicism and Frustration-We need Carragher as our manager

Antynwa

Would you rather win the title with a bunch of S*n reading, scouser hating cunts playing for us? Or win fuck all with the likes of Carra playing. I know what I'd take.

I’d rather win the title with a bunch of Scouser-loving local lads that came up through the Academy a la Gerrard, than win fuck all with the likes of Carragher playing.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d rather win the title with a bunch of Scouser-loving local lads that came up through the Academy a la Gerrard, than win fuck all with the likes of Carragher playing.

Scouser loving local lads then?

And you still haven't answered my question. Fair play if you don't want too, but that means I get the right to interpret it as I want/

Scouser loving local lads then?

And you still haven't answered my question. Fair play if you don't want too, but that means I get the right to interpret it as I want/

Oh, it's a serious question, then eh? I thought it was just rhetorical bollocks.

No, I wouldn't want anything to do with Sun-reading, Scouse-hating cunts playing for us, but it's hardly a realistic scenario that you've chosen in order

bolster you're support for Carragher; I wonder what the next 'dilemma' will be: "Would you rather win the title with a bunch of child molesting deviants, or win fuck all with the likes of Carra?".

Edited by DonaldDonaldson

Jamie Carragher epitomizes liverpool football club.

If he was announced manager in the morning id probably cry.

Tears of joy. Someone finally who understands the club, the fans and what we want.

Of course its a gamble, massive gamble, but to what odds. We're fucked as we stand. No doubt ill get negged to shite for saying this, but we have a clueless buffoon in charge as it stands. If he stays i fear for our survival. Carra knows what being a Liverpool supporter entails, what we as fans want, and how to achieve it.

My only problem would be that he would obviously be friends with some of the playing staff. It would be hard to go from being a friend to being their boss.

We could do so much worse than appoint Jamie as our manager. I long for the day hes our leader. The man was born to do it. Hes my favourite player of all time. Oozes class, dignity.

Donald dickenson or whatever the fuck your name is, fuck rite off. Your a prick. Your comments in this thread are appalling. Dickhead of the highest order.

In addition to the performances he has put in for us over the years, one of the reasons why I like Carragher so much is that he seems incredibly sensible. One of those few players who you very rarely come across something he has said or written and think 'please just shut up and play football, will you?'

Which is why I think he would give this kind of Roy of the Rovers comic book stuff even less time than most supporters.

For me, one of the reasons Carra will make a good Liverpool manager one day is that he is sane enough to realize that he's not competent to manage the club yet.

And I wonder what you're REALLY talking about when you say "Carra knows what this club is all about". If it's about winning everything playing great football, then get in line with the rest of football fans on the planet.

This thread is a microcosm of the sentimentality over logic that a lot of our supporters are weighed down with. Football isn't like it used to be. The Liverpool Way has changed and the way it used to be is on the whole completely untenable. Carra might well turn out to be a great manager, but the kind of thought that is visible in this post is only a step away from the people saying that it's disgusting how the likes of Jay Spearing don't get first team games. Being a staunch supporter isn't enough anymore.

Look at United.

Solskjaer is managing their reserves. He's been asked to manage the norwegian national team, and several norwegian clubs. That is without plenty of experience.

When Carra stops playing, perhaps the same way of giving him experience could be used?

When it comes to being a sucessful manager it comes down to personality, mentality and commitment. I think Carra checks all the boxes to be honest.

So one day...

Fucking madness mixed with stupidity with a dollop of excessive sentimentality.

Carra would possibly make a good manager one day but he would need a lot of experience first.

Maybe a spell as a coach then reserve team manager then who knows?

We need a top manager if we're going to win anything

This thread is a microcosm of the sentimentality over logic that a lot of our supporters are weighed down with. Football isn't like it used to be. The Liverpool Way has changed and the way it used to be is on the whole completely untenable. Carra might well turn out to be a great manager, but the kind of thought that is visible in this post is only a step away from the people saying that it's disgusting how the likes of Jay Spearing don't get first team games. Being a staunch supporter isn't enough anymore.

Spot on.

People wanting Carra in now just doesn't make any sense. There is absolutely no reason or sense at all to want this appointment. It's quite astonshing the more I think about it that people would want a completely untried young man to take on such a huge job of a club which is being so badly mis-managed by it's owners and directors.

We all love Carra. He clearly loves the club, and we are all aware that he watches the game and has a huge interest, but to move this on to wanting him to take over the managerial position is no diffferent to Newcastle fans crying out for Shearer. It is based on love for the player and not any sensible football decision.

I'd love Carra to be our manager someday. In fact, I'd love him to start coaching for us and then working under a top quality manager and learn his trade for the next 10 years, and then, if he is good enough, take over the reigns. But not now. It'd be madness. People need to think with their heads and not their hearts on this one. Given the mess we are in, the next managerial appointment will be on the level of when Shanks was asked to make us great. It really will be make or break so we just can't risk it on an untried first timer.

Spot on.

People wanting Carra in now just doesn't make any sense. There is absolutely no reason or sense at all to want this appointment. It's quite astonshing the more I think about it that people would want a completely untried young man to take on such a huge job of a club which is being so badly mis-managed by it's owners and directors.

We all love Carra. He clearly loves the club, and we are all aware that he watches the game and has a huge interest, but to move this on to wanting him to take over the managerial position is no diffferent to Newcastle fans crying out for Shearer. It is based on love for the player and not any sensible football decision.

I'd love Carra to be our manager someday. In fact, I'd love him to start coaching for us and then working under a top quality manager and learn his trade for the next 10 years, and then, if he is good enough, take over the reigns. But not now. It'd be madness. People need to think with their heads and not their hearts on this one. Given the mess we are in, the next managerial appointment will be on the level of when Shanks was asked to make us great. It really will be make or break so we just can't risk it on an untried first timer.

Excellent post Johnny.

Guest the boy
This thread is a microcosm of the sentimentality over logic that a lot of our supporters are weighed down with.

Don't confuse sentimentality with sheer stupidity.

There are two main advocates of Carragher becoming, instantly, our manager on this thread.

One has stated that a European Cup, UEFA Cup, League Cup, La Liga and FA Cup winning manager is a 'clueless buffoon', who makes him 'fear for our survival'. Quite how he contextualises our 'survival', I don't know.

The other, amongst some other long-winded, melodramatic points, stated that his chief concern is for a manager not concerned with club-politics, who will act with dignity before press and fans alike, and who can operate positively and fruitfully with owners. Thus, he would 'carry' Mourinho here.

This isn't sentimentality.

Carragher the epitome of Liverpool?:D I would have thought, given all the tremendous footballers that have served us in the past - service that has made us what we are today - outstanding football ability would be a prerequsite for anybody advertising themselves as the epitome of LFC.

Watch any Sunday League game at the weekend and there will be numerous players that continually wave their arms about and snarl at team mates and officials, deflecting attention away from their own glaring shortcomings. Cloggerss with a big trap are ten-a-penny.

The News of the World would become virtually the Club programme; I bet Basco prays every night for this nonsense to materialise. :D

You're the biggest cunt in the world

• 4 weeks later...

Liverpool Echo - Lifestyles - Features - Ian McCulloch: Why Jamie Carragher or Steven Gerrard should replace Rafa Benitez as Liverpool FC boss

FOOTBALL ... in this city, it so often comes back to football. Sitting in The Monro in Duke Street, Echo and The Bunnymen frontman Ian McCulloch is bemoaning the bad fortunes that have befallen his beloved Reds.

Liverpool Football Club is a major part of the singer’s identity – and he sees a crisis.

But he has a solution – and it involves Steven Gerrard. Or Jamie Carragher.

Ian explains: “I think Steven Gerrard is demoralised, but I still think he’s got to remain true, otherwise ... I don’t know where he goes after Liverpool.

“Rafael Benitez doesn’t seem to like people getting any praise and he doesn’t seem to like flair. I want him to be gone.

“I think Harry Redknapp (if he’d been manager during Benitez’s reign) would have won the league. And if Alex Ferguson had been in charge of the players we had in the ‘90s – AND in the last five years – we would have walked everything.

“To me, Benitez seems like a headmaster who doesn’t know his students well enough. I think he’s in the wrong school. It’s as if he’s come in and thought he could absorb the history, culture and character of the club. But places like Anfield and Liverpool have a wit – and I don’t think he understands the soddin’ wit.”

The Champions League?

“Steven Gerrard won that – big time. And I think Benitez lost us the second one. It’s made me want to cry. I’d say to Gerrard – player/manager. Or Jamie Carragher.”