You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Colin Wanker - bitter hypocrite

Chocoholic

He's a complete cunt and they did go down because they didn't do enough but the fact that West Ham bent the rules sideways with Tevez left them open to be bummed by Sheff Utd in my opinion. The claim that they wouldn't have stayed up without his goals is a pretty fair one. Didn't West Ham actually lose when the issues went to court? I'm sure they had to pay Sheff Utd compensation.

Sheff Utd did get compensated , but I am alluding to the fact that Warnock who had been booted out of Sheffield by then , was talking about taking West Ham to court on a personal level to try & compensate for not getting his 'staying up bonus'.

I can only assume that an initial free hour's consultation with a solicitor ended up with said brief doing a fair representation of the aliens on the Smash advert & he dropped the threat quietly.

This thread started with the cry of ifithadnabinforrafawewuddastayedup

Now another typical bitter whinge..... ifithadnabinforadministrationwewuddagoneup

WARNOCK: WE COULD HAVE GONE UP By Damian Spellman, Press Association Sport

Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock has admitted his dream of managing in the Premier League once again has been wrecked by the club's slide into administration.

Palace gave Championship leaders Newcastle a real fright a day after their plight worsened, and Warnock headed south for a meeting on Thursday morning with joint-administrator Brendan Guilfoyle in the dark as to his own future and the implications for his squad.

Indeed, the manager was told not to play star forward Victor Moses in Wednesday night's 2-0 defeat at St James' Park - he later insisted he would have been dropped anyway - as a series of suitors prepare to make their moves.

Warnock, who side face a 10-point deduction, said: "I am disappointed because in all honesty, I don't think I have seen a better team than us over the season and I think we could have gone up, so I am bound to be disappointed at 61 that I have not got a chance of going up when I want to.

"I don't feel we ought to decimate the squad. Yes, if he [the administrator] has got problems, Victor and the odd one other, but if we are talking four or five, then I can't walk across the water just yet.

"It's difficult playing in the Championship with eight players. I would find it very difficult to put a team out with eight players."

Neil-Warnock-Crystal-Palace_2411780.jpg

jYUvcGkklgg

I was tempted to autoplay, but thought better of it.

Neil-Warnock-Crystal-Palace_2411780.jpg

I love The Funky Gibbon, me. Absolutely love it! The Goodies. They were good clean fun, not like all of this Russell Brand nonsense, ringing up old ladies and wotnot and telling people about their private bits. Nah, the Goodies were top class comedy. Clean as a whistle. I loved 'em, me! I think at least one of them was from Yorkshire, too, so that makes 'em even better in my book. "Do, do, do, the Funky Gibbon!" That's what they sang. Then Graeme Garden - the speccy lad - would come in with his hairy hand and say "Funky Gib-on!" Ha ha ha! Come on, copy me: "Do, do, do, the Funky Gibbon!" Come on! Laughter is the best medicine!

• 3 weeks later...

SSN just announced "After the match Neil Warnock hit out at the referee. We'll hear from him later. Stay with us - Neil Warnock at his very best tonight."

That's the spirit. Never mind that he's a bitter, whingeing shithouse who would rather slander everybody else than take responsibility for his own shortcomings. The important thing is that he provides talking points for hacks who can't be arsed finding anything better to fill their airtime with.

Colin Wanker may be an annoying man but he was cheated that season.

The FA simply prefered West Ham to stay up due to all the Boys of '66/ Trevor Brooking/ London club bollocks

What a sack of shite.

West Ham were found guilty of some messing around and they were duly punished for it. Nobody was cheated. There was no conspiracy. A very, very bad manager failed to keep his club up, despite having all the advantages going into the run-in. That's all.

What a sack of shite.

West Ham were found guilty of some messing around and they were duly punished for it. Nobody was cheated. There was no conspiracy. A very, very bad manager failed to keep his club up, despite having all the advantages going into the run-in. That's all.

Rafabasher!

One of the greatest achievements of his rein and you want to take the credit away.

*Skulks off to RAWK*

Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock: "I'm absolutely devastated. All my career I've had to battle against the odds. We played a Premier League team and worked our socks off. The first goal was a bit iffy but the second was a disgrace. It came off Delfouneso. The referee and linesman waited and waited and then gave a corner because it's a Premier League team. The linesman should be banned for weeks for that and all he did was smile. All they said was, 'We'll watch it on video and get feedback from our assessors'. Villa were fantastic. It was a great, committed Cup tie but they should have lost. How two officials cannot see that's a goal-kick... that's an absolute disgrace. We've got talent and commitment, we're a genuine club with great fans. Their team sheet frightens you and I though we were going to get swallowed up early on. But it was a great game."

From BBC 5 live's Jacqui Oatley on Twitter: "Warnock fuming about corner given for Petrov's equaliser, forgetting Butterfield's first v Wolves came from corner that shouldn't have been."

SSN just announced "After the match Neil Warnock hit out at the referee. We'll hear from him later. Stay with us - Neil Warnock at his very best tonight."

That's the spirit. Never mind that he's a bitter, whingeing shithouse who would rather slander everybody else than take responsibility for his own shortcomings. The important thing is that he provides talking points for hacks who can't be arsed finding anything better to fill their airtime with.

Yes! They have no morals, just a desperate reliance on idiots who create 'talking points'. 'Next up: Adolf Hitler, in Poland, at his very best!' Jim White would love it: 'That was Mr Adolf Hitler, yes, Mr Adolf Hitler, talking to ME, live and exclusive, on Sky Sports News - and you saw that, so I'm not dreaming! He really was talking to me - Jim White!'

He was definitely cheated that season, West Ham lied and fielded a fantastic player who helped them get out the shit.

You could only argue he was cheated if West Ham got away with it. They didn't. They were heavily fined. Who the fuck is Neil Warnock to decide that the only suitable punishment would have been a points deduction, just because such a deduction would have masked his utter shitness?

You can no more say that Tevez & Mascherano got West Ham points than you can say that they cost them points (by unsettling the dressing room with their presence and with the uncertainty over their signing and the club's impending punishment.) Tevez did not keep West Ham up on his own: far from it. West Ham surviced because they won 7 of their last 9 games, due to a settled side, with major contributions from Rob Green, Lucas Neill, James Collins, Mark Noble, Bobby Zamora and Carlos Tevez. Sheffield United went down because their manager was unable to lift his team enough to beat their relegation rivals at home on the final day. However Warnock chooses to rewrite it, the truth is that his team got relegated on merit.

You could only argue he was cheated if West Ham got away with it. They didn't. They were heavily fined. Who the fuck is Neil Warnock to decide that the only suitable punishment would have been a points deduction, just because such a deduction would have masked his utter shitness?

You can no more say that Tevez & Mascherano got West Ham points than you can say that they cost them points (by unsettling the dressing room with their presence and with the uncertainty over their signing and the club's impending punishment.) Tevez did not keep West Ham up on his own: far from it. West Ham surviced because they won 7 of their last 9 games, due to a settled side, with major contributions from Rob Green, Lucas Neill, James Collins, Mark Noble, Bobby Zamora and Carlos Tevez. Sheffield United went down because their manager was unable to lift his team enough to beat their relegation rivals at home on the final day. However Warnock chooses to rewrite it, the truth is that his team got relegated on merit.

Regardless of this, West Ham are still in the Premiership

I'm not denying West Ham bent the rules that season, but Sheff Utd ultimately went down because of their own inpetitude. I remember they were 10 points clear of the drop zone at one point.

I can remember that me and my dad went to watch us play against Fulham at Craven Cottage the season they went down. It was about the 35th round of Premiership games and it came to be the game that Warnock would pinpoint as the one that sent Sheff Utd down because we fielded a weakened side as it was sandwiched in between the two Chelsea European Cup semi-finals. After that match, we had a bit of time to kill before we got our train back home so we sat off in some pub in West London for a bit and watched Sheff Utd play against Villa at Villa Park in the late game on the box. Anyway, what I watched was probably the most spineless and half-hearted performance from any side I've ever seen because they thought they were safe and were mentally on their holidays. They ended up getting beat 3-0. After that, I pretty much lost any sympathy I had for them.

Plus, if you'd have said to them that you had to avoid defeat against Wigan at home in the last game of the season to stay up, I'm sure they'd have bitten your hand off.

No sympathy at all. Fuck them and fuck Warnock.

I can't be arsed looking it up, but a pound to a pinch of shit says he scored less than Zamora.

He did score less according to Wiki, but their ratio is very similar. Whilst there is no denying Sheff Utd were awful that season, I can see their point. Players of Tevez's quality make an awful lot of difference to teams around the drop zone