You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gus Hiddink Agent has been approached by LFC?

Spy Bee

Thought they were excellent over the tie - Drogba and Lampard in particular. We were the form side in the world and they matched to contain us, to a degree, and expose our defensive weaknesses.

No doubting they were excellent in the first leg, I think it was there that the tie was won and they simply did us in the middle. Completely nullifying Alonso if I remember correctly.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubting they were excellent in the first leg, I think it was there that the tie was won and they simply did us in the middle. Completely nullifying Alonso if I remember correctly.

Yes, we also missed Mascherano terribly in that game as he was suspended.

So, what have we learnt from this thread?

1. The thread title is misleading;

2. Hiddink's agent has had contact to somebody from Liverpool, but we don't know who, how, or for how long?

3. We don't know who initiated the contact;

4. Hiddink is a likable guy.

Er, and that's it.

You think players like Gerrard/Torres would be disappointed to see their manager NOT working on a master plan to stifle Bolton's attacking threat? Would they fuck... Set piece team? Right... Greek, you're starting. Attack every fucking aerial ball that comes near the box.

I don't get that last bit. About the Greek - Do you mean that's what Rafa will do or Hiddink (or any attack minded manager) would do?

So, what have we learnt from this thread?

1. The thread title is misleading;

2. Hiddink's agent has had contact to somebody from Liverpool, but we don't know who, how, or for how long?

3. We don't know who initiated the contact;

4. Hiddink is a likable guy.

Er, and that's it.

JohnnyH's ex is a slut.

Agent: Hiddink is not replacing Benitez at Liverpool 21 January 2010 - 10:03 | Sport.co.uk

The agent of Guus Hiddink Cees van Nieuwenhuizen has revealed that his client has not held talks with Liverpool and that the former Chelsea manager will ask Roman Ambramovich’s permission before he takes over at another Premier League football club.

Rafa Benitez relieved the pressure on him last night with a 2-0 win against against fourth place rivals Tottenham Hotspur thanks to two goals from Dutch international Dirk Kuyt.

Hiddink’s agent responded fervently when asked if his client were in touch with Liverpool:

'That's absolutely not right,'' said van Nieuwenhuizen, when asked if he had already held discussions with Liverpool. ''Each day I'm surprised when I read comments in the newspapers in Russia, or in Italy with Juventus, or in England with Manchester City before and now Liverpool''

When asked if Liverpool, as a football club would interest his client Hiddink’s agent said:

''It would be fair to say because it's one of the big names in global football,'' he said. ''But if Liverpool have a problem today or tomorrow then Guus is not available. Guus is not available for any club until August 1.''

Van Nieuwenhuizen said: ''As Guus said after he left Chelsea, he enjoyed every second of being in the Premier League with Chelsea.

''He still has a very strong relationship with Mr Abramovich from Chelsea. If he would consider a return to the Premier League I think one of the first things he would do is give a call to his friend Abramovich and say, 'I hope you don't mind if I join club A, B, C or whatever'.

''In a way it's a funny situation but on the other hand Guus is also very close with some of the people on the technical staff at Chelsea like Ancelotti, who he knows very, very well, and also Frank Arnesen, with whom he worked for a couple of years at PSV Eindhoven.

''So Guus doesn't want to interfere with the current success story that Chelsea has picked up again under Ancelotti.''

if guus wants to manage a premiership team that is likely to compete for a champions league place then its one of arsenal, chelsea, utd, city or us. you can even add villa and spurs into the equation if you want.

which of these may be looking for a manager?

Football Italia - the Italian football website for English-speaking football fans

Guus Hiddink has rejected the chance to take charge of Juventus, according to the Dutch Press.

The Russian national team boss has been strongly linked with the Bianconeri since December when things started to go awry for Ciro Ferrara.

Juventus's board has publicly stood by Ferrara, reiterating their stance that he will remain at the helm until the end of the season. However, the rumours refuse to go away.

Dutch tabloid Tvoi Dien cites sources close to Hiddink who claim that he wouldn't accept his pay being slashed from €7m to €3.5m a year.

Hiddink has also been associated with the Liverpool job after the Russian Football Federation revealed that it would be prepared to let him train a club again as long as he waived his pay for the time he would be away from Moscow.

I don't think it was a case of nullifying Alonso, mate.

They man-marked Gerrard with Essien, who was outstanding. Ivanovic had Riera in his pocket and Dirk was pre-occupied with helping out Arbeloa with Malouda and Cole.

I don't think Chelsea set out to nulify Alonso; I think they just completely cut off his avenue's.

With this done, they just exposed and exploited our mistakes ruthlessly.

IF Rafa were to go and IF we were to appoint a foreign Manager to succeed him i'd prefer Capello.

Whether we could afford him would be another matter.

Hiddink would be a brilliant replacement for Benitez. He's been extremely successful wherever he's gone, very experienced manager, likeable guy, speaks great English and some other languages, will attract big-name players, and has a European pedigree. I can't see why we shouldn't go for him, except for the fact that we're fucking skint.

Hiddink would be a brilliant replacement for Benitez. He's been extremely successful wherever he's gone, very experienced manager, likeable guy, speaks great English and some other languages, will attract big-name players, and has a European pedigree. I can't see why we shouldn't go for him, except for the fact that we're fucking skint.

... and the fact he seems to answer to Abramovich

Gonna be some dodgy games against Chelsea

They man-marked Gerrard with Essien, who was outstanding. Ivanovic had Riera in his pocket and Dirk was pre-occupied with helping out Arbeloa with Malouda and Cole.

I don't think Chelsea set out to nulify Alonso; I think they just completely cut off his avenue's.

No doubting that Eissen had a good game and I believe at the time Gerrard was carrying an injury. The point about Alonso was that they identified how integral he was to our system, I remember seeing umpteen examples of them pressuring him as soon as he got the ball, Lucas wasn't able to lift the burden on Alonso. The other examples you mention just coincide with what I have mentioned. Bit of a chicken and egg thing I reckon, comes down to where you stand on the matter.

The initial point was the idea that Benitez was schooled by Hiddink, which I don't think was the case. Hiddink had a great team at his disposal.

Don't you mean he was preoccupied with his colouring in book and box of crayons?