You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gus Hiddink Agent has been approached by LFC?

Spy Bee

His "success" with South Korea was referenced as reasons why he was a good manager.

I stated that it can't be used as, in my opinion, a number of the games were fixed.

Are we happy now? Can we stop this now? Or will the next comment be "I know what you are , but what am I?"

Why, who's behaved like that in this thread?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Look. We get that you believe that South Korea fixed the World Cup (but managed to not get to the final, or finish third).

Discredit his fourth place finish with the Netherlands in the World Cup.

So 4th place is now an achievement?

QUESTION;

Why, who's behaved like that in this thread?

ANSWER;

So it's a 100% mos def without question Rafa approved fact off a list that the 2002 FIFA World Cup was a fix?

Where's it been confirmed then?

Where's it confirmed?

Childish replies to a tee. This idea that an illigal activity can't have happened if it isn't confirmed was pathetic. I tried to ignore it by letting you off with a joke, but you insisted with your pointless comments.

QUESTION;

ANSWER;

Childish replies to a tee. This idea that an illigal activity can't have happened if it isn't confirmed was pathetic. I tried to ignore it by letting you off with a joke, but you insisted with your pointless comments.

Childish replies? Get. To. Fuck.

You made the accusation, I asked you where it was confirmed. Nothing childish, nothing provocative. Four words, nothing more.

And when you reply to that question with "By Rafa" that's not childish, it's merely "a joke?" Yeah ok.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
You know that isn't what I said. Someone felt the need to attempt to pull part finishing fourth with a nation like South Korea, but then i asked if he could do the same with finishing fourth as the Netherlands.

So finishing 4th with Holland wasn't an achievement then?

If not, why the fuss?

This is the same Hiddink who couldn't get Russia to the World Cup and was sacked by both Real Madrid and Real Betis?

The same Homer Simpson who crashed his car through the wall of our club?

The same Barney Gumble who's been taking pictures of my sister?

The same Bennedict Arnold who plotted to surrender West Point to the hated British?

When Chelsea beat us, I remember Gerrard being unfit and Mascherano being out so the midfield was light, hardly a schooling was it?

Thought they were excellent over the tie - Drogba and Lampard in particular. We were the form side in the world and they matched to contain us, to a degree, and expose our defensive weaknesses.

The same Homer Simpson who crashed his car through the wall of our club?

The same Barney Gumble who's been taking pictures of my sister?

The same Bennedict Arnold who plotted to surrender West Point to the hated British?

Thought they were excellent over the tie - Drogba and Lampard in particular. We were the form side in the world and they matched to contain us, to a degree, and expose our defensive weaknesses.

We'd have still put them out if Hiddink hadn't bribed the ref for the second leg.

Childish replies? Get. To. Fuck.

You made the accusation, I asked you where it was confirmed. Nothing childish, nothing provocative. Four words, nothing more.

And when you reply to that question with "By Rafa" that's not childish, it's merely "a joke?" Yeah ok.

So unless something is "confirmed" by some, as yet unspecified, organisation, then it can't have happened? Ok then. I'll keep it in mind.

Lucas shouldn't have had a penalty against Stoke as it hasn't been "confirmed".

Ferguson doesn't get favourable additional time due to the strong way he attacks referees and gets them dragged through the press, thus making them nervous to comment or give decisions, as this has never been "confirmed".

My last girlfriend can't have been an annoying slag, because it has never been "confirmed".

Grand so.

We'd have still put them out if Hiddink hadn't bribed the ref for the second leg.

Yeah, we were excellent in the second leg. One of the great spirited displays of Rafa's tenure. Drogba's antics were a disgrace, it was most amusing seeing what happened in the next round.

So unless something is "confirmed" by some, as yet unspecified, organisation, then it can't have happened? Ok then. I'll keep it in mind.

Lucas shouldn't have had a penalty against Stoke as it hasn't been "confirmed".

Ferguson doesn't get favourable additional time due to the strong way he attacks referees and gets them dragged through the press, thus making them nervous to comment or give decisions, as this has never been "confirmed".

My last girlfriend can't have been an annoying slag, because it has never been "confirmed".

Grand so.

Problem is, you've got evidence to back that up. You were just being deliberately obtuse trying to avoid having to post something that would back what you said.

This thread went pretty retarded for a couple of pages there.

I think Hiddink is a good manager, and we should definitely be sounding the likes of him out now, as not having any plan B to the current situation would be poor management by the club.

For a couple of reasons, though, I don't hope it will be him:

A: His age and record for moving jobs.

I don't want a manager for a season or two where there is a lack of long term direction to the club's footballing side.

In that case we'd need a powerful sporting director to secure that there is coherence on the overall strategy. I doubt that is the way forward for us at the moment.

B: His record at club level doesn't exactly leave me drooling.

And there has to be serious doubts over the tactical ability of a manager who with an exceptionally strong defensive side like Chelsea's let's in 4 goals at home in a second leg Champions League tie after winning 3-1 away.

Should Rafa get fired, I still hope there is a change that we could get in Mourinho (and that he'd show enough respect for this club's traditions to keep the lying and cheating to a minimum). I think he would relish the chance of getting this huge club back where it belongs.

Problem is, you've got evidence to back that up. You were just being deliberately obtuse trying to avoid having to post something that would back what you said.

It was the World fucking Cup from 8 years ago! It's hardly like I was referring to some episode of "On the Busses" from 1972.

And I was being "Obtuse"? Hmmmmm.

For a couple of reasons, though, I don't hope it will be him:

A: His age and record for moving jobs.

I don't want a manager for a season or two where there is a lack of long term direction to the club's footballing side.

Personally I think the team needs a big shot in the arm so I would take him for a season or two, but I do take your point; won't be long before it needs rebuilding.

Rafa was sacked by Tenerife wasnt he? He'd also have us on that list if the board had the money.

Its a poor comparison. Loads of people have left Madrid, its a circus.

If and when Rafa does ever get the Madrid job, he'll probably add it to his list of sackings too.

Everyone gets sacked by Real, as night follows day, for it is the whore of Babylon.

I simply feel that if a new manager walked into our club and told the squad that he wants them to attack teams, pressure them high, play a high line, and he wants us to keep on attacking for a full ninety minutes and leave opposition crying out like a ransacked coastal village watching the raiders sailing away into the sunset.... that the squad would respond positively.

You think players like Gerrard/Torres would be disappointed to see their manager NOT working on a master plan to stifle Bolton's attacking threat? Would they fuck... Set piece team? Right... Greek, you're starting. Attack every fucking aerial ball that comes near the box.

I`ve stated a couple of times already since Hiddink was first mentioned in the summer that I have my doubts about him, but on the other hand, with the dire situation we are in those in charge of this club would not be doing their job if they did not make any contact at all considering he is now availible.