You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I found out a few weeks back that my girlfriend is pregnant. I am only 22, so it wasn't planned but after coming around to the idea I am very happy about it. Any good advice of the perils of helping my pregnant girlfriend and the impending offspring?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said you were a virgin on the other thread, So who's the father?

Seriously, Congratulations mate.

Thanks.

I was messing about being a virgin. I know you're on my facebook so would appreciate no mention of it yet, it's not common knowledge just yet! Well friends and family know but not work collegues and shit!

Thanks.

I was messing about being a virgin. I know you're on my facebook so would appreciate no mention of it yet, it's not common knowledge just yet! Well friends and family know but not work collegues and shit!

I gathered you were messing. Yeah wont say anything. I feel privilaged, knowing before work collegues.

Many congratulations!

Don't let the little fucker sleep in your bed with you and your missus. REPEAT DON'T!

If you love your sleep it will have effects for years if you allow it. Also remember to feed it and change it's arse. That is all.

I want to echo this one. I was a lazy cow and chose the easiest option of breast feeding, (this also gets you out of night feeds as it happens) my 3rd child moved into our bed as she was up feeding most of the night, i stopped B/F her when she was 14 months, and its still a night mare to keep her out of the bed, i maybe get the bed to myself twice a week. She's now almost 7.

Other advice, sleep lots, disposable nappies are worth never flying again in your life if you do all that carbon footprint stuff. Never and i repeat never go to a certain place to watch a certain game if you happen to have to spend a couple of evenings in for antenatal classes /monitoring and what not. You'll never hear the end of it.

Thank you everybody, it's appreciated.

In regards to the baby sleeping in the bed, how come this always happens with parents, to shut the baby up from crying?

I am naive in terms of babies, so I need to get reading/listening to advice over the next few months.

I found out a few weeks back that my girlfriend is pregnant. I am only 22, so it wasn't planned but after coming around to the idea I am very happy about it. Any good advice of the perils of helping my pregnant girlfriend and the impending offspring?

I was 23 when my missus got pregnant with our first. I can echo the get some sleep thing. Especially on saturday mornings. Wake up, say "aaaaah" then go back to sleep. Keep doing this.

At the birth, do whatever your missus says. She is the one you have to live with after all of this.

When the thing is out, if you have one that cries a lot, look up controlled crying methods. they help loads. For the love of god do not let the thing get dependent on you carrying it round/pushing prams and shit like that in order to sleep. Also don't tiptoe around when it is asleep, get it used to sleeping aroiund a normal level of noise.

Most of all, try and enjoy it as it flies past.