You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

you've changed that you sly bastard. Did Frankie Bunn nutmeg him or something.

I still don't see the point of this signing. Just blocking the potential progress of two youngsters IMO. IMO typical Benitez if i'm brtually honest.

I'm with you on this.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SotirisKyrgiakos.jpg

He was in the Greece squad for Euro 2004 but was injured. The old Degen.

If we were to sign any greek it would be

either a) Kyriakos Papadopoulos

The most promising Greek player at this moment in time and still he is only aged 16.

Olympiakos' scouts discovered Kyriakos Papadopoulos last year playing for GAS Svoronou and quickly snapped him up.

He is a very strong central defender and is the youngest player ever to play in the Greek Championship after making his debut at 15 years and 283 days last December playing against Atromitos.

Despite of his age, he is already very tall and is playing like a leader. He is widely expected to be at the heart of central defence of the national team for the next 20 years.

This season he is expected to play more games with Olympiakos. The Greek double holders renewed his contract recently untill 2011. The new clause in his contract is €6 million.

He is quick, very effective at one on one defending, excellent in the air and good on the ground. He has a good first pass to help the midfield counter. Overall with his good technique and natural talent, he is an outstanding youngster with huge potential.

Papadopoulos_1050135.jpg

Or b)

George-Michael.jpg

Liverpool today agreed a deal with AEK Athens for centre-back Sotirios Kyrgiakos, subject to a medical.

The 30-year-old Greek international will arrive at Melwood for a medical examination before the weekend.

Rafa Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We have nearly done the deal subject to a medical. He is a player with experience who can hopefully help us in defence.

"He has experience in British football and Rangers. After that with Frankfurt and the national team. He's a good player in the air, strong and aggressive. We were looking for a player with experience.

"He will have the medical this week, it has to be before the weekend."

On how the signing would impact on young centre-backs such as Martin Kelly and Daniel Ayala, Benitez added: "The young players know they need experience and so to learn alongside people with this experience is better."

I'm with both of you.

The fucks the point of having youth policies and reserve teams if they're not gonna break through. Ever.

Surely they have to be good enough in the first place otherwise you're just paying lip service to a 'policy'.

In the space of 4 days it's already been decided Ayala is shit and we have no squad depth.

Surely they have to be good enough in the first place otherwise you're just paying lip service to a 'policy'.

In the space of 4 days it's already been decided Ayala is shit and we have no squad depth.

by whom?

I think most people would just prefer Kelly given the chance ahead of Ayala. If its weidely regarded that the former is better than the latter, yet the latter does well when given a chance. Surely it means we are well stocked in that area.

But you like to argue against anything & everything so i'll not let it stop you

by whom?

I think most people would just prefer Kelly given the chance ahead of Ayala. If its weidely regarded that the former is better than the latter, yet the latter does well when given a chance. Surely it means we are well stocked in that area.

But you like to argue against anything & everything so i'll not let it stop you

You'd think that the ideal situation for blooding young defenders is to bring them through slowly giving them the odd game and letting them get acclimatised to first team football rather than playing them through neccesity.

If they're better than a more experienced player then they'll play.

You'd think that the ideal situation for blooding young defenders is to bring them through slowly giving them the odd game and letting them get acclimatised to first team football rather than playing them through neccesity.

If they're better than a more experienced player then they'll play.

Agger?

How many trophies have they got to ours and the Scums? Who do Kaka and trannytits play for? They are by far the biggest and most successful football team in the world.

Utter bilge which only gets the time of day because fools repeat it.

You're wrong, but don't let that stop you enjoying the virtual paradise you've made for yourself. Meanwhile, back in the real world I'll get on with the supporting my TEAM, not a player who has left us.

Can't we just see how he does with better players around him? Can't we just offer him a bit of support? He may turn out to be Mr Shit Shittity Shit Shit from Shit Town, Shittania - but as none of us know that for certain how about supporting one of our players before we lay into him.