You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And who said pre-season isn't important eh?

No fluency, No style of play, No nothing, just amateur football and amateur defending and shit passing. Pre-Season is important you need it to apply all of the above and ensure you start off strong. Where was people hoping we'd pull out some consistency and form, out of our fucking arsehole?

Can't fault the team selection, thought tactically we where spot on but we looked so tired and no one seemed to know what anyone was doing, our passes where kept in small triangles with no one to offer anything different. Torres was playing far too deep and Babel was just Babel.

Yossi MUST start next game.

Gutted I am....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedDay

Liverpool have lost their Barclays Premier League opener at White Hart Lane, where the score was 2-1 to Spurs after goals from Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Sebastien Bassong and Steven Gerrard. Call LFC TV now on 0845 234 4567.

Is 0845 234 4567 the Samaritans number?

Dreadful today. Squad looks so thin. I couldn't see us getting a win a few minutes into the game today. Yossi should have started.

Guest RedDay

Liverpool have lost their Barclays Premier League opener at White Hart Lane, where the score was 2-1 to Spurs after goals from Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Sebastien Bassong and Steven Gerrard. Call LFC TV now on 0845 234 4567.

Is 0845 234 4567 the Samaritans number?

Dreadful today. Squad looks so thin. I couldn't see us getting a win a few minutes into the game today. Yossi should have started.

Need a fuckin rocket up our arses after that today. Abysmal except a few flashes in the second half.

First XI still a real world class attacking player short, and short of depth in the whole squad, as I and many others expected.

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions but if any kind of bid comes in for Babel I'd sell. I know it's the first game but he just looks to be carrying on from last year with that piss poor attitude and general not looking arsed performance.

As shite as we where, we still should've had 2 more penaltys. Dowd is a fuckin disgrace the fat fuck.

Still a hell of a long way to go, and some on here need to stop being over dramatic women and writing the whole season off one one shoddy performance. We need to take something from this and use it as a wake up call because we really where shite today. I am a little worried. Just hope the bastard yanks give the manager a few quid because there NEEDS to be another big signing IMO.

Didn't start the game the way we should have and then we're always going to be playing catchup. Why the fuck can't we start playing before the opposition scores against us? We did it in the latter stages of last season and it paid massive dividends. We seem to have reverted to type again though. If we play every game as if we mean to win it from the first minute then we will win a shitload more than we lose. Fanny around until the other team gets into the game and we will get fucked in the arse.

I love Rafa BUT

When the fuck will he stop waiting for 60 odd minutes to change the team? Crying out for Benayoun in the first half when Babel wasn't even involved in the game. But no, he waits for 62 minutes to fix that fuck up.

Same here. It drives me fucking nuts. Why? Every fucking time! 60 fucking mins!

Benayoun did more in 10 mins than Babel in the whole of 60 mins.

Edited by Carra_is_legend

I didn't want to win the league anyway. And neither does Benitez, if that display is anything to go by.

Playing catchup already, unbelievable. Well, at least I don't need to waste any money on trips to Anfield this season.

good fuck off then

On the one hand frustration.

On the other hand, I know that the back line will settle down (very much liked the look of Johnson today, hope that continues); the midfield problems can be resolved with the personnel we have--let's hope we get it right quickly. Up front, I'd still like to see us bring in another striker, but it seems a bit unlikely at this point. Vorro...could've been worse.

Babel intrigues me--if I were still working in the garage I worked at, it'd be an intriguing in the sense that, like I did with many problems that didn't make sense, I'd bang my wrench against the tool cart until the solution became apparent. I don't suppose you can do that to footballers?

On the other hand fucking fucking shit.

I promise that if we get beat or and play badly not to kick off on this forum and criticise the team or that manager even if he does take Torres off with 10 minutes to go and were losing 1-0

So how many of you will make the same pledge today not kick off if we lose or play badly.

Now play nicely boys and girls