You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cat Pics

Alan Sex

I gave my cat away to my mum before I moved to the U.K., and on Friday he went missing. He hasn't been found as yet. My mum is in bits.. It's an absolutely awful feeling.

Sorry, chief. Losing a pet is the hardest thing. Any news or canvassing of the local streets or backyards? They can often be found hiding because they are lost.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, chief. Losing a pet is the hardest thing. Any news or canvassing of the local streets or backyards? They can often be found hiding because they are lost.

Appreciate it mate. My folks have put up 40 posters and been knocking on doors but to no avail. Couldn't help but keep thinking about where and how he would sleep during the day, and what he'd eat.. etc. If offered, I'd take knowing that he's safe somewhere, and that's it.

Contact local vets as well. If people find a cat the nearest vet is often the first point of call to see if any have ben reported missing. The vet keeps a log of lost and found.

Bit of a dilemma here.

One of our cats ran away a few months ago. Eventually replaced her.

Against the odds, she's now been found, and we are getting her back today.

3 cats is a bit too much for my liking - and this one tends to piss on stuff for a lark.

Kids are happy, but me - not quite so much.

Ahem...

Aye, a gazelle might be able to outsmart a cheetah but a deer couldn't 'easily outrun' a pack of cheetahs.

I would put a fair bit of money on that story in the picture being a load of absolute bollicks.

Aye, a gazelle might be able to outsmart a cheetah but a deer couldn't 'easily outrun' a pack of cheetahs.

I would put a fair bit of money on that story in the picture being a load of absolute bollicks.

You are correct, it is fake.

Bit of a dilemma here.

One of our cats ran away a few months ago. Eventually replaced her.

Against the odds, she's now been found, and we are getting her back today.

3 cats is a bit too much for my liking - and this one tends to piss on stuff for a lark.

Kids are happy, but me - not quite so much.

you moved on too fast there, AS, and now you've created an awkward situation for yourself.

• Upvote 1

The picture itself is fucking nuts, I thought it might be fake too, the way the deer is just standing not looking remotely arsed.

According to the article in the link it certainly looks like the picture is genuine it's just the caption that is fake. 

The photographer : "I witnessed this cheetah kill in September 2013 in the Maasai Mara, Kenya. Narasha, the cheetah mom, was teaching her youngsters how to kill prey. However they were a bit slow on the uptake and they instead were playing with the hapless impala prey instead of killing it. Narasha, the cheetah mom is the one that is grabbing the impala by the neck in all the photos. The youngsters practice some skills like pouncing and tripping which they get right, but they cannot seem to be able to get how to strangle the impala effectively.

What is out of the ordinary in this sequence of photos is how calm the impala is throughout its ordeal. It is probably in shock and thus paralysed with fear. It is disturbing how it seems to be posing in some photos, especially in the 6th one as if determined to stay beautiful and proud until it’s very end. The defiance in its eyes are in stark contrast with its lack of interest in self-preservation. This allowed me to get unique pictures of a kill that are seemingly choreographed in their grace. I wanted the viewer to sympathise with the impala, and at the same time witness with me the disturbing nature of this unusual kill.

In the end, after what seemed like an interminable eternity (but it was just a few minutes), the cheetah mom put the impala out of it’s misery, and the cats got to enjoy a nice meal."

• 3 weeks later...