You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Redundancy Notice...

Anubis

7 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I was going to look for a thread but as this is work related I'll put it in here.

I've worked in the same place for 15 years and the company has gone so corporate in the last 5 years I'm really not enjoying it. I have an okay job but not too fussed on some of the new people and processes etc. I do think it is affecting my spare time, home life and mental well-being as even though I'm mostly at home I dread Monday's 

I have been approached for another job by an ex colleague, it's ticking a lot of boxes and whilst it's not a certainty I do have to go in for an informal 'interview' but it sounds like as long as I don't make a hash of the meeting I'm good.

The only issue is I have been asked if I have an up to date CV. The last one I did was about six years ago, I was told don't worry if I haven’t got one but to be honest I would rather send one anyway.

So, I need to refresh my old CV and I'm struggling with the opening statement, my old cv sounds like some LinkedIn shite and I want to present a general overview without it sounding generic or like I've Googled it.

I was going to go with 'Give me the job, I'm not a twat' but I feel I might need to expand on that.

Any help appreciated, this is of course the best place for this kind of request.

My boss updated my CV for me recently as he was putting our team forward for some work, and I was on holiday, which was handy.  

He put a Key Capabilities section at the top, and shoved in a few that he thought looked good and vaguely plausible.

My previous one had some "LinkedIn guff" too, which looked shite when I looked back on it, surprised he gave me a job in the first place really.

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

A bit like Skem.

I've been here 54 years and I still can't get off this fucking roundabout.

When we moved to Runcorn my Dad had a workmate who moved to Skem. I went to Skem a couple of times as a van driver for a job and couldn't believe how far away from Liverpool it seemed. That was no good for us as my Dad still had a job in Speke and most of his family in the South end of the city.

49 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

When we moved to Runcorn my Dad had a workmate who moved to Skem. I went to Skem a couple of times as a van driver for a job and couldn't believe how far away from Liverpool it seemed. That was no good for us as my Dad still had a job in Speke and most of his family in the South end of the city.

I used to drive to Halewood every day for work and cycle to my Nans who lived at the junction of Robson St and Mere Lane a couple of times a week when I was a lad.

It's not that far really. 

Used to play in the Skem kids Sunday leagues with my cousins who lived up there, and any semis or finals were played during the week. I had to run out of De La.Salle as soon as the bell went, 99 up Muirhead, 61 through to Walton Vale and the Ribble bus to Skem. Took fucking ages. No M58.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Used to play in the Skem kids Sunday leagues with my cousins who lived up there, and any semis or finals were played during the week. I had to run out of De La.Salle as soon as the bell went, 99 up Muirhead, 61 through to Walton Vale and the Ribble bus to Skem. Took fucking ages. No M58.

I used to cycle that Ribble bus route. Fine going there but that long hill on Cunscough Lane leading up to the Stanley Gate was a real bitch coming back with tired legs. 

Like Vlad says, the energy we used to have. 

• Upvote 1

I only actually thought I was ever going to get to Skem once we turned right at the Stanley Gate. 

Used to cycle from Skem to Anfield or Goodison via another cousin's house in Maghull and not think anything about it. Now I would struggle to stay awake in a taxi on that route.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I only actually thought I was ever going to get to Skem once we turned right at the Stanley Gate. 

Used to cycle from Skem to Anfield or Goodison via another cousin's house in Maghull and not think anything about it. Now I would struggle to stay awake in a taxi on that route.

And me. It's well over 40 years since I last did that!

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

No pal not bothering for a while I've seen this coming for about 8 ish years so I've had a redundancy cover policy in place and they have paid out on full service instead of the 20 years they had to .

Good on you mate. Glad to hear you can enjoy the time and not stress about anything. Some time to retreat and reflect. Enjoy mate

On 03/07/2023 at 20:18, sir roger said:

I played a few years in the Maghull & Lydiate as youngun - think it’s called the North Liverpool now - anyone still up that way will probably know. 

Had family ties to Bootle FC as well - “helped” to build one of the dugouts in the early 90s. When I say helped, I mean I mixed a bit of cement and kicked a ball about while my cousin did it! This is well before it looked as good and professionally assembled as their ground does now if anyone can remember going back then.

I’m digressing here - apologies. Take a peek down memory lane one minute and you’re wandering about in your youth the next

• Thanks 1