You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Awesome SNES Games

Scott_M

After becoming bored with the lack of games for the Wii & the fact I actually don't like or play my PS3, I've just bought a SNES with 6 games off eBay.

I know I could have saved the Wii and got them on the VC but it was a impulse buy just now.

The console comes with Mario All Stars, NBA Jam, Donkey Kong Country, Streete Fighter 2 Turbo & something else.

What other games should I be looking to add to my old skool collection?

Brilliant stuff.

SNES Zelda is still one of my all time favourite games, get it man. Secret of Mana was ace too, as was Syndicate, cannon fodder, Super Mario World, Flashback, Another World, Yoshi's Island and Mariocart. I'll get back with some more when I remember..

Man, games were just 'fun' back then. Simple fun. The only games like these I've played on recently are the Lego Star Wars games.

Cheers lads.

Super Tennis, F-Zero, Pilot Wings, Mario Kart & Star Fox are all brilliant shouts.

As is Super Star Wars but just realised it comes with that too.

Had Yoshi's Island for the DS but may pick it up for this again, couldn't be arsed with all the character changing on the DS version.

Never really 'got' Zelda till the N64 version but may pick it up.

Was there a Metroid for the SNES? There was one console they didn't bring one out for, may have been this or the N64.

Trying to think what other games I had put can't remember. Seem to remember having some mental Caveman game where you had to throw boomerangs at the baddies.

Going to try and get the other Donkey Kong Country games & the sequals to Super Star Wars.

Any others I should be looking at?

Cheers lads.

Super Tennis, F-Zero, Pilot Wings, Mario Kart & Star Fox are all brilliant shouts.

As is Super Star Wars but just realised it comes with that too.

Had Yoshi's Island for the DS but may pick it up for this again, couldn't be arsed with all the character changing on the DS version.

Never really 'got' Zelda till the N64 version but may pick it up.

Was there a Metroid for the SNES? There was one console they didn't bring one out for, may have been this or the N64.

Trying to think what other games I had put can't remember. Seem to remember having some mental Caveman game where you had to throw boomerangs at the baddies.

Going to try and get the other Donkey Kong Country games & the sequals to Super Star Wars.

Any others I should be looking at?

Super Metroid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Defo on snes.

Zelda: A link to the past is probably my favourite game, along with Super Mario Kart as they had great longevity.

Superbomberman in four player was good, as was Jimmy Connors tennis (but Super Tennis was better).

Roger Clement Baseball (only on Famicon I think, so would you need converter) wasn't bad as a two player with mates. TBH you can just do so much better on new formats I'd give it a miss.

Fucking thing hasn't arrived yet. Soft cunt hasn't registered his Paypal details correctly. Getting posted today apparently.

I've purchased Mario Kart, Starwing, Pilotwings, Super Tennis & F-Zero for it already.

Need an extra controller.

Went into a shop in Leeds yesterday which had ISS & some Loony Tunes Juniors game which I used to have when I was younger and it was fucking ace. Going to get them in a week or so.

• 1 month later...

Well into it now.

Mario All Stars is class, as is Donkey Kong Country.

Not really given Mario Kart a good blast yet but will do at some point.

F-Zero, Pilotwings & Super Tennis are still very good games.

Super Star Wars is fiendish, struggling with that.

Starwing hasn't aged well.

Great purchase, I'm quite proud of myself.