You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PS3 game suggestions

Guest ShoePiss

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
OK, I'm out of games. I'm only a casual gamer nowadays but loved MGS4 and Dead Space so I'm a third person shooter kinda guy.

Recommendations please

Did you ever get COD4:Modern Warfare Nick? Best shooter on any platform in recent years. Also the Orange Box is amazing VFM if you don't got it.

I recently bought (and fucking loved) the Rainbow Six:Vegas games, bit more thoughtful than COD (and not as visually exciting) but great fun commanding your team of counter-terrorists and ordering them to blow shit (and terrorists) up.

Did you ever get COD4:Modern Warfare Nick? Best shooter on any platform in recent years. Also the Orange Box is amazing VFM if you don't got it.

I recently bought (and fucking loved) the Rainbow Six:Vegas games, bit more thoughtful than COD (and not as visually exciting) but great fun commanding your team of counter-terrorists and ordering them to blow shit (and terrorists) up.

Isn't that first person? I've never really got the appeal of playing in groups online either. I play the PS3 to avoid people, not meet them online. Maybe I'll get the Orange box first.

Guest TK-421

Why can't you do FPS, Thants, you big spazz?

If it's a third person shooter/adventure you're after you could do much worse than Unchartered: Drake's Fortune. An excellent game in all respects and now in the Platinum Range.

Isn't that first person? I've never really got the appeal of playing in groups online either. I play the PS3 to avoid people, not meet them online. Maybe I'll get the Orange box first.

You can probably get pong, or space invaders if your poor eyesight/hand eye co-ordination can't keep up with an FPS.

You massive joey!

Why can't you do FPS, Thants, you big spazz?

If it's a third person shooter/adventure you're after you could do much worse than Unchartered: Drake's Fortune. An excellent game in all respects and now in the Platinum Range.

I've just never got it. The closest I've enjoyed it was Doom. Maybe I'll play that wierd scifi one that came out last year first to see if I get any pleasure.

And I'll have a gander at drakes fortune too.

Guest TK-421
I've just never got it. The closest I've enjoyed it was Doom. Maybe I'll play that wierd scifi one that came out last year first to see if I get any pleasure.

And I'll have a gander at drakes fortune too.

What do you do in real life? Do you "get" that? Or do you have a little shoulder-cam following you around linked to a screen in your head?

Agree. The first one is one of my favourite PS3 games, but they tinkered too much with the crash physics etc in Pacific Rift, and its half the game it used to be.

I got Pacific Rift the other day and i love it but i never played the first one. I haven't had a go online yet cos i'm shit and if i wanted to be publicly humiliated i'd have been arrested for indecent exposure by now.

What do you do in real life? Do you "get" that? Or do you have a little shoulder-cam following you around linked to a screen in your head?

Ha! that's funny...some guy at work says he can't play them because he gets seasick.

BTW I don't really like them in general but thought COD4 Modern Warfare was the best game I've ever ever ever played.

Guest ShoePiss
Drakes Fortune is a superb game and the second one comes out this year.

I enjoyed that a lot but it's way too short and after completing there's not much point returning to it. I wish I'd just rented it as I had it complete in 3 days and I wasn't even playing it for that long each day.

It would be nice if the sequel is longer or maybe has some kind of online action.