You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger latest

DT

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went best part of last season without Agger so his sale as good as he his will not effect the team that much

If Pennant is signed by Pompy for £2m That plus the money still owed to us from the Crouch sale might just mean Johnson is signed for nill cost

That would mean we have Srktel and Carra with Sammi as back up and Arbeloa as emergency cover which leaves us the same as last season

We would have a Right back who can do more than just a fill a shirt so i can see a deal being done for Agger in Jan only if Rafa needs the money to complete a deal for another target not listed above (Upson)other wise it will be done in the summer

I wonder if we put sell on clauses in the Crouch and Bellamy and Finnan deals ?

I wonder if we put sell on clauses in the Crouch and Bellamy and Finnan deals ?

dont hold your breath.

Parry will of done the deals but in fairness to him once you leave Liverpool you hardly expect them to be moving on again for more money down the line, especially at their ages.

Acc to danish Tipsbladet is Agger not on the move to Milan. His agent claims he is a serious agent and that he never would have started talking long before the contract ends.

And that Milan must ask Liverpool first, not him.

This reminds me on what Fowler wrote in his book. On how to use the media, sending out messages from both sides. A lot of comments but no one to check them with.

Modern times I guess.

Hope he has alot of patience as Rafas deal wont be agreed in the next 6 months IMO, on another note anything on takeover mate pm if you've heard anything.

Nothing to report mate.

The extension to the loan was always going to be granted as it was written in the initial refinance agreement.

Neither owners have a pot to piss in regards taking the club forward and whilst i fully expect them to be granted refinance in July RBS will ask for far greater guarantee's then they did first time around, something neither owner can afford.

Both owners want to sell the club but there is no buyer out there as any potential investor are waiting until closer to refinance time to be able to pick up the club at a lower amount.

That sounds a lot more encouraging.

While I accept that as a football club we need to be aware of salaries I really think that we need to resolve the contracts of our top players months in advance of when they would expect it. We dont know how close this came to Agger even speaking with Milan, but however close he came its not good that one of our top players was linked with another team because of our suggested delay in contract talks. The future of one of our top players should not be compromised over an additional £10k p/w.

Some people questioned whether or not Agger was worth that or if he had already been offered £70k and rejected it then he could do one. Agger is a top class CB and we are lucky enough to four top class CB's at our club. Sami is close to the end of his career, Carra has probably another three seasons at full involvement then it will slow down for him after that. The future CB pairing of Agger & Skrtel is very promising, one utterly uncompromising and the calm reassuredness of the other. We are covered there for potentially the next ten seasons. That should not be compromised over £10k p/w.

Agger is probably stalling waiting to see what happens with Rafa.

are they not hitting it off anymore Coop?

On a wider point, people shouldn't think that players wil never want to leave clubs - even ours. Torres would go, and so would almost all the others, if they felt it was in their interests. It's their career, they're not lifelong fans of LFC (apart from the obvious). You can't blame them for that.

are they not hitting it off anymore Coop?

On a wider point, people shouldn't think that players wil never want to leave clubs - even ours. Torres would go, and so would almost all the others, if they felt it was in their interests. It's their career, they're not lifelong fans of LFC (apart from the obvious). You can't blame them for that.

Of course, but we are one of the biggest clubs in the world, so there are not many better places to be. In order to keep the top players we have to pay them correctly so their heads arent turned by the nouveau riche.

£8.5m for fucks sake, how much was Anton Ferdinand? The papers are full of Upson to Arsenal for around £12m.

IF he goes for that fee, we'll be a laughing stock and will further underline the total mess the club is in behind the scenes.

dossena cost 7 million for us.by normal logic agger would be worth double that not 1.5 million extra....

any new developments with his contract or still, same old speculation? a good point was made above about johnson and arbeloa filling in as an emergency cb. ideally though i would be happy to give agger a new deal because i think that carra has 2 or 3 years left in him and agger is 1 of the best attacking centre backs and he could form a solid partnership with skrtel.

Milan Sign Agger From Liverpool - Reports

The Rossoneri have landed central defender Daniel Agger from Liverpool as they strengthen their defence for the second time in a week.

Milan are on the verge of announcing the signing of Liverpool defender Daniel Agger on a permanent deal.

The 24-year-old stopper has been a long-time target of the Rossoneri and Sportmediaset claims a deal has been reached after Adriano Galliani met with the player's agent, Per Steffensen, in Milan. Agger will sign a four year deal at that Stadio San Siro and the Italian giants will transfer €9 million into the Reds bank account.

There have been constant denials over the move but it seems that Milan have finally landed their man. The Rossoneri have been keen on strengthening at the back for some time. They have finally achieved it this week as Agger's arrival follows that of Felipe Mattioni from Gremio.

The Danish international will be available to play for coach Carlo Ancelotti as soon as all the paperwork is signed, sealed and delivered. Agger's contract with Liverpool was set to run until 2010. However, a clause in the deal allowed the player to find another club and leave from June 2008 onwards.

The stopper will be eligible to play for Milan in the UEFA Cup, which is an added bonus. Milan have wasted no time in signing top-class defenders. Although the moves are positive, it begs the question: when Alessandro Nesta's return from injury will be?

God i hope it's bullshit.

Negged for putting the shits up me.

They never usually announce something like that if it isn't true you should wait before you make assumptions I did say at the bottom god I hope this isn't true.

They never usually announce something like that if it isn't true you should wait before you make assumptions I did say at the bottom god I hope this isn't true.

The reputation of goal.com is based on publishing unsubstantiated shit like this. Asa you say, I hope to fuck it isnt true.

Let me play devil's advocate for a minute and re-word the situation:

"Yanks refuse to pay market competitve salary to top player who leaves as a result"

That's deliberatly provocative and inaccurate, but it does lead me on to the next arguement, that we're in a position where, for the first time in NINETEEN YEARS that we're seriously in with a shout of winning the league; it's taken nineteen years of pain via Souness, Evans and Houllier and now here we are in a place we should be, once again. And the sad reality is, that our rivals will do what it takes to be successful. Agger is one of our best players, one of the best clubs in the world wants him and are ready to gobble him up for an Asda price, and this could all happen because we're being a bit mean. If this was, say, Alonso pushing for £130k, we'd be up in arms if the club was pinching hard.

From an on-the-pitch perspective, there are two viewpoints which are equally valid - first being that there's nobody bigger than the club. That is true, and there are many, many world class players out there who would give a front tooth to play at Anfield each week; and the stories that keep coming out on the dripfeed do suggest that his attitude has distinct room for improvement.

But on the other hand, we all saw the catastrophic performance last week. I must admit to being in the Rashid camp on this one: that creativity begins at the back, and because of this, Agger is an automatic name on the teamsheet for me, every time. Last week we missed our three most creative players (Agger, Alonso and Torres) and it showed. When Agger has the ball and crosses the halfway, we have options, because he's capable of playing the ball in so many ways. Putting it simply: he's irreplaceable. Why? Because the time it takes for a new defender to settle down is months and months, which could mean games lost, points dropped, and another season wasted as a result.

Captain was right when he said "If he wants to leave for money, let him"; but if AC Milan are offering him something that we're not, then we should be asking ourselves why that is.