You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why can't Bono just fuck off and die?

Chris

I could almost buy that if he hadn't extricated his business from Ireland and high-tailed it to a tax haven.

Bono: good at asking governments to contribute more aid, not so good at putting his hand in his pocket and paying the taxes that would allow the Irish government to do just that.

Which is doubly ironic considering the John Lennon piss-take on Rattle & Hum.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the fuck has he got to show up at this, the fucking cunt? Every single liberal happening in the world and he's there trying to claim some glory for it, the utter cuntard. The ugly cricket-shade wearing cunt.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Stars sign for Obama celebration

He's a big star though mate, as are Springsteen and Beyonce. The bigger, the better, ergo more credibility to the rock n roll prez. In this case, Bono was actually asked to be there.

I take it you aren't keen then?

Fuck sakes... Everything he does is for self-promotion.

Yes, someone who is SOOOOOO green would fuel up the private plane to fly hours to deliver him a hat.

Yes, someone who is SOOOO in tune with people less fortunate than himself sues his former employees trying to put them on the street.

Yes, someone who is SOOOO musically talented would, you know, produce a sound that hasn't cannibalised the same bass riffs album after album after album.

Yes, someone who is SOOOOO humble that he rents a mansion when he has a show, whilst the rest of the band stay in a nice hotel.

You missed off the bit about setting up a company registered in the Netherlands to take the profits from U2 activities so that he doesnt pay any tax in Ireland on them. Though thats the rest of the band too, obviously.

Edit; Sorry Strontium, I see you already pointed this out.

Edited by sparta7

I really wish musicians would not concern themselves with political matters. As for Bono, he is a bit of a cunt. But thats just the way he is. He doesnt give a fuck. I really like U2's music and i like music superstars to be egocentric cunts. Thats how they get where they are in life.

Its actually fucking pathetic how people spend so much time winding themselvs up over someone who has fuck all to do with them. If you dont like his music, dont listen to it. If you dont like his opinions, dont listen to them, if you dont like his fucking sunglasses, dont look at him.

You wouldn't get this much reaction on a mugabe thread.

Its actually fucking pathetic how people spend so much time winding themselvs up over someone who has fuck all to do with them. If you dont like his music, dont listen to it. If you dont like his opinions, dont listen to them, if you dont like his fucking sunglasses, dont look at him.

Your probably right mate

It says in that piece that he was asked to perform. Should he have said no? Why isn't Springstein a cunt for doing it?

Also, why is it peoole feel that only if Bono is poor and doesn't live the life of a millionaire can he be taken seriously with his humanatarian stuff? What's wrong with renting a mansion when he has a show? He's loaded so why shouldn't he enjoy his money? As for been humble? I don't think he's ever accused himself of being that. He calls himself a rockstar (which is more pathetic if you ask me)

Yes, he can be an annoying turd of a man, but I'll never get the total hatred for him. Amazingly, people actually hold the humanatarian work he does as a stick to beat him with. I really don't get that one.

Mugabe would be more likely to have you killed for badmouthing him.

Bono would just try to sue you and put you on the street with his high powered attack dog lawyers, really.

Then he'd whinge about how there is a problem with AIDS in africa and how he'll donate 1% of all the money he makes from his charity concert to it.

Bono has never particularly bothered me as such, I just take what he says with a pinch of salt. When there's knobs like Pete Doherty alive, people like Bono really aren't that bad.

I can't stand comic relief though, if it was to raise money for a cause other than Africa it wouldn't seem quite so hypocritical, but for me, the whole African famine issue boils down to the fact that some people in the world have got more than their fair share - with the result being that there's not enough to go around (obviously it's more complex, shit leaders are a big factor too).

Now the fact that the people spreading this message have five homes, twenty sports cars, and children who'll never want for anything, is slightly nauseating to say the least.

"Hey you, people in Africa are less fortunate than you, you fuck, take time out from worrying about your job and the fact you'll never be able to afford a house and dig deep you selfish twat! And while you're doing that, I'll be in my private jet on my way to the Maldives.

"Oh would you like one of my houses? Haha only joking you soft cunt!"

U2 are actually the most overrated band of all time too. Wooo Whoah, the sweetest thing. Fuck off.

*high fives*

I hate the cunt purely for being called "Bono".

You missed off the bit about setting up a company registered in the Netherlands to take the profits from U2 activities so that he doesnt pay any tax in Ireland on them. Though thats the rest of the band too, obviously.

Edit; Sorry Strontium, I see you already pointed this out.

This is a common misconception

Their company registered in Holland which was a sound move,its the same as dell have just done with moving to india ,just on a smaller scale,and also U2 have always been in Holland ,its where their albums have always been produced (by island)

As for the band members themselves they are amongst the highest tax payers in the the country .In fact ,unlike O'brien and co who went into exile to avoid paying tax (allowed only 35 days in the country) U2 have always made it clear that they would be staying in the country

I find it funny though that its U2 get slated for agreeing to take part in the show while the bruce and beyonce are unscathed.I mean beyonces talent ends at the crack of her arse !!

The level of hatred Bono gets on here is weird when there are people like coldplay still alive,yes he can grate a bit with the whole political/humanitarian thing (even the bandmembers have admitted that),I mean shame on him for daring to get involved.He'd be better off giving a tenner to some charity and sit smugly behind a keyboard instead .

Personally I love the music ,its been a huge part of my life since I was a kid ,and every time I see my 18mth old daughter do something new ,I thank christ and Bono for the machines U2 got for Crumlin street