You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

StevieH

"At the end of the day, the Premier League attracts the best players in the world. The big leagues in Europe are the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A, but I think that the Super Lig is just behind those three."

Err... behind Die Bundesliga, as well, perhaps? Maybe behind Superliga, as well. Err... and French league? I'd probably put them behind the Russian League as well, considering the success of Zenit and CSKA in the UEFA cup, and with Spartak, FC Moscow, and Lokomotiv Moscow being good sides.

Let's be honest, Galatasaray aren't that good. Fenerbahce aren't shite but they aren't great.

Turkish league is like the Ukrainian High League(or the Scottish)... two sides that are good, two or three sides that won't be embarrassed in europe, and dross makes up the rest.

Not many fans compare with Galatasaray fans, they chant non-stop for virtually the entire games, whereas at Anfield we're silent for so much of the match. Like most english clubs. It's cultural differences, in Turkey their fans go on and on, we like having a pie during the game and renders us mute.

we might not sing as much as the Turks but we travel as often as they do and are just as dedicated. Kewell's just annoyed because of the stick some of us gave him while he was here.

Fancy a bum?

By 'turning Turk' I meant in the sense that he has immersed himself in the local culture and traditions. I did not mean that TE Lawrence thing of forced anal intercourse converting him to Sodomy. No, sir, I don't think Harry has taken to back door deliveries or receptions. Though I wouldn't mind trying to turn Sherry on to the idea!

As for your 'fancy a bum?' query, I suggest that you approach David Moyes. I believe that was how he finished up with Fellaini....and Piennar......and Yakubu....and Saha.......and Van Der Meyde........and so many others.

As for your 'fancy a bum?' query, I suggest that you approach David Moyes. I believe that was how he finished up with Fellaini....and Piennar......and Yakubu....and Saha.......and Van Der Meyde........and so many others.

Point accepted but I suggest that, with the possible exception of Fellaini, none of the aforementioned gentlemen are 'full of eastern promise'.

That's a fair enough statement in many respects.

They do generate a very good atmosphere, ours can be incredible of course, but it's rarely consistently good.

Also, they are clearly 15-20 years behind us with respect to the crowds. We have been pushed away from the 'tribal' element of a near all male crowd and had the matchgoing experience tailored more for the family occasion. You scan through their fans it's 95% men, ours is probably 60% at most. And of course, the standing is a major factor.

It doesnt make me think ''Oh Fuck off, ours is the best'' in some failing plea of denial, it makes me think ''Oh god I wish our game was still like that''.

Credit where it's due, always.

Didn't Galatasaray fans kill Leeds fans a couple of years back? I wouldn't be able to move to that club, I'd feel like I'd have betrayed the people who were killed that day. But Harry Kewell probably could. Playing for a football team would get you emotionally attached somehow I could imagine. He's only arsed that he's getting a big fat pay day every week.