You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good player, that's obvious, but he's not played well for us (not as an attacking threat in any case). rebel23 is spot on -- he refuses to shoot. In fact, he seemed today to be as "gentle" as possible towards his old club -- and had no bite whatsoever. I like him, but if he carries on like this, it won't be long before he's making cameo appearances.

Keane looks old to me, old and frail. I don't think our tactics of having him have to battle in the air for the ball with two big centre-backs did him any favours though. In the one-up-front formation I'd rather have Kuyt in that position although he's a way inferior footballer. Babel would be the better option if Nando isn't available, but it still looks like Babel makes a bigger impact coming on as sub.

He`s a good old boy is Keane, im desperate for him to do well. But so far he haasnt done it YET. He must be near Crouchs record for games without a league goal.

What a waste of £20m. Rafa seriously messed up with this signing.

This talk that he;ll come good is just wishful thinking. Most other players are desparate to score against their former clubs but he looks like he couldnt score in a brothel.

No offence mate, but you're talking out of your arse there.

No offence mate, but you're talking out of your arse there.

well what have you seen that makes you think hes worth £20m in a red shirt? 2 cl goals? torres had shown a lot more at the same stage and he wasnt used to the pl. i havent seen anything from keane that says to me he;ll do anything worthwhile for us.

Looked well pissed off when he came off, when is the boy going to play 90 mins?

Dont think he should have been taken off today but 11 game in he's been shit considering what we paid for him and its about time he put in a MOM performance for his new team.

Even Babel has been more effective than Keane.

Its time for Robbie to deliver and payback the faith Rafa has shown in him

well what have you seen that makes you think hes worth £20m in a red shirt? 2 cl goals? torres had shown a lot more at the same stage and he wasnt used to the pl. i havent seen anything from keane that says to me he;ll do anything worthwhile for us.

I've seen a player over the last 7years who has been regularly banging the goals in season after season in the Premier League. Im now seeing a player who clearly didnt ever think he'd get the chance to play for us, his boyhood club, and now he's here he seems to be playing with a huge weight on his shoulders. The lad looks pressured and stressed out. He said himself he'd only ever have left Spurs for us, and its clear how much it means to him. Ive seen glimpses so far of what the lad is about, but he's nervous and its showing. Its no coincidence that after the PSV goal he banged another one in at Atletico. Its a psychological thing. He badly badly needs a goal in the Premiership, one that spoons in off his arse cheek or something. The burden of not scoring is weighing him down. He's getting in cracking positions and looking to pass because of that. I dont think the poor reception he got today helped, as the boos seemed to upset him.

Dont write the lad off yet. We are 2months in to the season. Fernando Torres was lucky in the fact he banged a goal in against chelsea in his second game which straight away lifted the burden. Torres also happens to be one of the greatest strikers ever to play the game. Remember Crouchy? He went months without scoring and was ridiculed. Robbie has played through the past few weeks with an injury, for the sake of the team because Torres was out. He runs his balls off, gets in the positions, assists and has a hand in the majority of our goals. His goals will come. I guarantee once he gets one the weight will be lifted and youll see a much more confident player.

Remember Crouchy? He went months without scoring and was ridiculed.

Was thinking the same thing. Once his first Kop end goal goes in it should take a lot of pressure off him.

It's fine the manager and player coming out and saying that it's ok if he's working hard and the team is winning, but you can guarantee Keane is going to sleep at night with it on his mind. The longer it goes on the worse it's going to be.

I just hope we don't get him stepping up to take penalties or have players trying to set him up all the time. Gerrard did it against Wigan when he could have shot himself and that sort of thing could cost us.

Not a great situation all round with Keane, but there's still a great player in there.

As I said in the match thread, it looks like he's trying too hard. He seems thinking too hard in the opposition penalty area and either takes an unnecessary touch or look to play somebody in when he's just lashed it straight in in the past.

I'm not overly concerned as from what I've seen at other clubs and in a red shirt, he has too much class to be a flop but he deffo needs a goal to settle him down.

The goal he scored against PSV is what he's all about- all about instinct, first time hit and not that much thought put into it.

As I said, he just needs one goal. He's still been contributing in an attacking sense, it's just that he hasn't been scoring.