You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Spending the majority of the night talking films with a couple of the lads and fucking loving it. Walking away having had nowhere near a mad one but arguing about Wes Anderson and if Drive is all it's cracked up to be; and feeling it was one of the better nights you'll get.

• Upvote 1

My ok man was 24 when I was born, I'm now 35 and won't have a kid until I'm at least 37.

age isn't what it was though.Was chatting to a fella in gym in his 50's. He is fit and looks in good nick. He was saying when he was a kid, people at 50 were fucked.Years of eating shit, not exercising, manual labour jobs especially pit work where we live and smoking like a chimney.

my dad always wore a shirt and tie. I have batman pyjamas

• Upvote 3

When my mum was 40 I was 18, we had a chat about getting old and I can vividly remember her saying that despite being 40 she still felt 21. At the time I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard and that she was ancient. I'm 3 years older than she was then and still feel s fraud when anyone asks me a grown up question.

When my mum was 40 I was 18, we had a chat about getting old and I can vividly remember her saying that despite being 40 she still felt 21. At the time I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard and that she was ancient. I'm 3 years older than she was then and still feel s fraud when anyone asks me a grown up question.

I don't count myself as a grown up at all. I still get the giggles.

Mind you, I feel about 60 this morning.

At centre parcs on a stag do, had a glorious afternoon nap yesterday and didn't leave the lodge until 7pm. About to play five a side but have a bad belly.

The price of center parcs and the beers there would suggest it may have been cheaper to do an all inclusive for a week somewhere.

I know this because I went to center parcs just before Xmas with the family. Came back skint.

The price of center parcs and the beers there would suggest it may have been cheaper to do an all inclusive for a week somewhere.

I know this because I went to center parcs just before Xmas with the family. Came back skint.

We were never rich enough to go in the first place.

Edit. You cant bear the afternoon's other entertainment either, eh?

You are missing out on nothing. Butlins with cleavage.

So many people raved about it I got as far as looking into it once but one of the joys of going away for me is getting away from people rather than being cooped up with hundreds of them and their kids

• Upvote 1

So many people raved about it I got as far as looking into it once but one of the joys of going away for me is getting away from people rather than being cooped up with hundreds of them and their kids

I couldn't wait to leave. Kids thought it was meh too.

My kids have loved it whenever we've been, but I just couldn't imagine going on a stag weekend.

To be honest I can't help but feel the place is badly marketed. It's built for stuff like footy, eating and drinking, yet it's full of miserable bastards in wheelchairs.

Had a little mini rant to the kids earlier about how toys today are crap compared to "when I was a lad"

I mean, I'm right though. The youngest got a Transformer for his birthday the other day and its the flimsiest piece of shite, an arm has already popped off it. I had loads of original Transformers back in the day, and I remember them to be heavier and more well put together. Same with toy cars, shite these days compared to the Matchbox, Corgi and Hotwheels from back in the day.

• Upvote 2