You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool V Wigan

Paco

I don't think The Chief will play, seeing as he played 90 minutes for Argentina on Wednesday and has around 7000 miles to travel back.

So, Lucas in for The Chief for me, but apart from that, the team above is what I'd expect to see start.

Didnt he do that before the man u game? He played out of his skin!

Agreed though, dont think he will play

i think this may be a 2/3 nil for us as the stoke game will be on the mind.

hope that twat micheal brown isnt playing or else it could be third time lucky for the "break xabi up" brigade.

Palacios and Cattermole are hardly shy to a tackle either. Xabi best roll up some newspaper inside those shinnys lad.

going to struggle tomorrow but nick it with a late goal

I think the absence of Torres will make us fight twice as much from the off, so it could be about 3-1. Wigan will probably play some good football though, and we'll need to be wary of that.

I'd go for :

----------------Pepe------------

Arbeloa-----Carra---Agger------Aurelio/Dossena

---------------Masch------------

El Zhar--------Gerrard--------Riera

---------------------Keane

---------Kuyt

or :

----------------Pepe------------

Arbeloa-----Carra---Agger------Aurelio/Dossena

----------Masch----Alonso----------

-------Gerrard----------------Riera

---------------------Keane

---------Kuyt

----------------Pepe-----------

Arbeloa---Carra--------Agger----Dossena

Benayoun----Gerrard----Alonso---Riera

------------Kuyt------Keane----------

That should be enough to see off Wigan. I really don't want us to use the players that are doubts (Mascherano, Babel, Aurelio).

Really looking forward to tomorrow, as I think we could be top of the table by 5 p.m. I really fancy 'Boro to take a point or three against Chelsea. They are even worse off than us injury-wise, and Boro are one of the most likely teams

to upset the top four as we have already discovered this season. Not sure about their injury situation, but should be a fair chance anyway with Dogpoo, Cole and Deco out.

Edited by lebron
oops, forgot all about Riera!

I think;

--------------------Reina---------------------

--Arbeloa------Carra-------Agger-----Aurelio--

---Yossi-------Gerrard------Alonso-----Riera---

---------------Kuyt----------Keane------------

Would be tempted to play Dossena, but Valencia is Wigans main threat, and hes constantly running at full backs, so I think Fabio is more assured defensively. Also Aurelio and Riera have linked up well whenever they have played I think, particularly Man Utd.

Yossi should get the better of Figueroa, hes a good left back, but very clumsy, especially against someone with a bit of skill and whos a good dribbler. And Riera should give Melchiot a runaround.

Palacios and Cattermole in the middle will mean this will be a tough battle (literaly) in the centre of the park. But any other time this season when ive been worried about this, we have won the battle, so Im confident.

Ive been thinking this will be another 0-0, but I guess we will see how far we have come as a team, or will Steve Bruce take another point of us or more.

I'd agree with that, but I'd give Dossena ago for this game though cause I'd rather keep Aurelio for the next two games.

Daniel Agger replaces the injured Martin Skrtel in the heart of Liverpool's defence for this afternoon's clash with Wigan - a game you can listen to live online from 2.55pm BST.

The Dane makes his first Premier League start of the season, as does Jermaine Pennant, while Rafa Benitez has selected Robbie Keane and Dirk Kuyt up front in the absence of the hamstrung Fernando Torres.

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Dossena, Agger, Carragher, Riera, Pennant, Alonso, Gerrard, Kuyt, Keane. Subs: Cavalieri, Hyypia, Insua, Benayoun, Ngog, Lucas, El Zhar.