You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kuyts work rate big fuckin deal

JMARKH

Guest TK-421

People who can't see Kuyt's value after last night never will do.

Minutes away from a multi-million pound lottery, which given the club's finances would have been most unwelcome.

Who was creating space for himself and running until the end, busting a gut to avoid the penalties? Dirk fucking Kuyt, that's who.

The DKURF will deal with these indiscretions as it deems fit and punish those responsible accordingly.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minutes away from a multi-million pound lottery, which given the club's finances would have been most unwelcome.

Who was creating space for himself and running until the end, busting a gut to avoid the penalties? Dirk fucking Kuyt, that's who.

The DKURF will deal with these indiscretions as it deems fit and punish those responsible accordingly.

who on the flip side had about his 40th poor game in a liverpool shirt

Loads of players cover more ground during a game than Kuyt actually. Just check the stats. Show me the games where Kuyt has done the most work. Stats don't lie. Btw, I'm not having a dig at Kuyt, I just can't stand the fanboy stuff. He didn't pull his weight last night - he continually gave the ball away and won it back once. Thank fuck he scored.
But he wasn't the only one guilty of under performing. Plenty of other players were just as guilty of giving the ball away. Sorry mate its all about opinions and your entitled to yours but to say Kuyt didn't pull his weight last night. Lets just agree to disagree and be thankful were in today's draw.

What is wrong with a high workrate and a knack for popping up with important goals in the CL?

Kuyt is an excellent player to have- excellent attitude, can play out of his favored position and do a job without whinging. To me a very good squad player to have (and yet- as a squad player he willi start a fair share of games)

(btw- I do not believe the sun shines out of his arse and I have noticed that some aspects of his games could require a little work)

My repping powers are low sir but as soon as there replenished you shall be visited.

Guest TK-421
My repping powers are low sir but as soon as there replenished you shall be visited.

You have shown great character, it is an honour to invite you as a founding member of the DKURF.

But you're missing the bloody point !!

Nobody is saying he doesn't "bust a gut" for the team. Nobody is saying he doesn't die for the cause.

What some are saying, me included, is that he is currently, and all of last season, being played by the manager on the right wing and he hasn't the control, pace or ability to beat a player to play in that position. It's not his fault he hasn't. It's the fault of the manager for buying him and then playing him out there where he clearly has more poor games than decent ones out there.

Guest TK-421
Glad to see the brave new post-Rashid TLW world is going so well.

Come on Paul, I'd treat the opening post with a modicum of respect if I hadn't read it a trillion times over already.

Guest TK-421

What some are saying, me included, is that he is currently, and all of last season, being played by the manager on the right wing and he hasn't the control, pace or ability to beat a player to play in that position. It's not his fault he hasn't. It's the fault of the manager for buying him and then playing him out there where he clearly has more poor games than decent ones out there.

I'm not so obtuse that I can't recognise fair criticism when I see it, like with woo's post on page 2. But the Dirk threads keep coming, and I'm fucking sick of them. Four games in, CL qualification sorted, unbeaten in the league and all you get is these shit, disrespectful threads. I wish Kuyt had given the crowd the Voronin finger treatment and then mooned the lot of them.

But he wasn't the only one guilty of under performing. Plenty of other players were just as guilty of giving the ball away. Sorry mate its all about opinions and your entitled to yours but to say Kuyt didn't pull his weight last night. Lets just agree to disagree and be thankful were in today's draw.

I'm not saying Kuyt didn't pull his weight last night, I'm just saying his sole contribution was the goal. And I'm very glad he got it. Torres and Keane were poor last night, but they didn't see much of the ball. We just didn't impose ourselves on the game against spirited but limited opposition.

Like Ive said, Im not the biggest Dirk fan, but I cant believe people say he hasnt got a good touch. Thats one of his strong points of his game IMO. His first touch is great I think.

Alex, I seriously can't believe you can use the word 'great' in relation to Dirk's touch. Dalglish, Barnes, Beardsley - these are examples of a great touch. Dirk Kuyt's touch is really not great.

However, I'm glad you mentioned this because it reminds me of a thread I wanted to start. See you over there shortly.

Alex, I seriously can't believe you can use the word 'great' in relation to Dirk's touch. Dalglish, Barnes, Beardsley - these are examples of a great touch. Dirk Kuyt's touch is really not great.

However, I'm glad you mentioned this because it reminds me of a thread I wanted to start. See you over there shortly.

I said his first touch Paul. I think he can bring a ball down with ease. Which seems to be a major criticism of Dirks.

But you're missing the bloody point !!

Nobody is saying he doesn't "bust a gut" for the team. Nobody is saying he doesn't die for the cause.

If it's true he lacks the "control, pace and ability to play there" how do you explain Dirk playing on the right for Holland, in preference to Robben, on a regular basis?

Guest TK-421
I'm not so sure. I sometimes think that if a number of our contributors didn't see DK fuck something up they'd claim he'd not been on the pitch or been anonymous.

Ok, here's the thing. Kuyt was shit for the vast majority of last night. Not just rusty, a bit poor, but really fucking dreadful, barely recognisable as a professional sportsman. I know that, but I can also see the qualities he brings. One of them is total team spirit and unconditional commitment to the cause, and it won us the game.

I'm not so sure. I sometimes think that if a number of our contributors didn't see DK fuck something up they'd claim he'd not been on the pitch or been anonymous.

Probably, though it works the other way too. He's had plenty of really terrible games on here, and people have praised his contribution or had him as man of the match. That's what annoys people like me, who understand what he brings, but just don't think it's anywhere near good enough for a Liverpool player. People are so smitten with the 'idea' of Dirk that they can't judge his performances objectively.