You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'd give him a season at Newcastle and see how he adapts, if he's flying then come in for him the following season, I'm sure he'd want to play for a big club anyway..

if he has a good season, i dont think he would still be £6.5m tho, this price would increase.

• 2 weeks later...

Rafa doesn't apparently rate a genius like Aimar but wants to bring in a donkey like Keynwne Jones, do me a fucking favour :wallbutt:

I'm a Liverpool supporter from Austria and I really rate your views/verdicts.

My first question is, since Liverpool have been linked with Pablo Aimar every transfer window since Rafa's arrival, do you think with him available on the cheap that Senor Benitez will make an effort to sign him?

And what about Diego Milito?

Guillem:

Thanks for your encouraging words, Oliver. I read somewhere recently that I had said that Pablo Aimar would probably go to Liverpool. I want to make it very clear that I have never said that.

In fact the opposite is true: I know that he is not a player that Rafa Benitez rates all that highly. Look back to when Pablo Aimar was in his prime at Valencia and, even then, he was not a regular starter for Rafa. He spent lots of his time on the bench for the simple reason that Rafa has a real problem with the little Argentine’s inconsistency. Pablo Aimar is not really cut out for the Premiership.

Diego Milito? Well that’s a different story. He is a player who I personally rate very highly. He is a strong, clever, forward who holds the ball up well. The problem is, were Crouch to leave Liverpool, then Rafa would need to find a striker who can complement Fernando Torres: in other words, a very different striker to Torres.

The problem with Diego Milito, as far as Liverpool are concerned, is that he would be much too similar to the Spanish striker that they already have on their books. So, how about Kenwyne Jones?

There's a lot of uncertainty around Aimar. Will he get back to his best again? Will the Prem suit him? I suppose that's why the fee mentioned is only £6.5M.

If he can be anything like the player at the heart of the Valencia team that played us off the pitch then great. I'm not so sure that he can though.