You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When you can't sell your ticket allocation for a European Cup final

JoeyKop

I thought we took 17,000, but 12,000 rings a bell for some reason. Bit of research needed I think.

The Roma fans rioted when their tickets went on sale, the Echo reported that a lot of our fans were reluctant to attend the game after that riot. I was there and there were huge gaps at our end.

some of the suggestions on that thread are really just amazing.

"I would have liked to see the club fork out some money for the fans.

1st time ever in the champions league final - CHECK

Club has buckets of money - CHECK

Club has previously wasted 30 million pounds on a failing striker - CHECK

Could Kenyon not have spent 1 million pounds, or a little more, for some absolutely PRICELESS publicity and actualy completely funded a whole crapload of travel expenses for people getting over there ???

Or subsidized certain hotels for Chelsea ticket holders.

I mean come on, its in friggin Moscow. "

Very very different travelling world in 1984 compared to these days. Lots andf lots of charter flights you can book just like we did for Istanbul and Athens.

Does anyone seriousely think we'd have any problem selling our allocation for Moscow?

It is a lot of money and if we got there I was seriously considering fucking it off.

I am fed up of Uefa and their corrupt ways and then these piss-ant companies taking the piss with silly prices only to treat you like scum.

However, we can say that as we have been to two in 3 years. This is their first final and Utd's first for ten years so their should be HUGE demand.

Proves once again that Chelseas support is a joke nowadays. This is the reason they dont arse me in the slightest. Ok so they bought a few things, so did Blackburn in 95 and I view them in the same way. The players are arseholes but who can honestly say that some of ours arent? (Not to the same degree obviously). I hope they smash the vermin all over the park next weds. (I wont be watching for the record).

They are desperate to have a proper rivalry and it kills them that no one gives a fuck about them so they shout and scream and stamp their feet. I wouldnt be surprised if the gormless Russian is becoming bored of it all as he has hardly been there this year. They are completely devoid of any soul nowadays. No wonder some of the older, proper chelsea fans are fucked off with it all.

Ah well, you makes your bed....

Why would Chelsea put their hands in their pocket to subsidise the travelling? They've already spent enough on those superlative flags the fans wave during big games.

Anyone else hoping the fans take aforementioned flags?

We sent 5,000 back for Rome in 1984.

That was at the height of Football Violence,we where playing a club in there own backyard,Roma, with a fearsome reputation for Trouble(The Ultras),fear factor had an awful lot to do with that!!!!!!!!

Another reason why Gaillard and Platini wanted someone else in the final. Now they can say "we didn't have problems with the ticket allocation last year" when they give us 12000 for next year's final.

i got a mate whos a chelsea fan and hes looking at going but is pretty peeved its in moscow (cos of cost,travel,location), uefa really do have theyre heads up their arses most of the time, why these remote venues for cl finals? its about time they got played in normal europe.

one of the chav fans had a decent idea about waiting to see whos in the final and then choosing the venue, you could have a shortlist of 4-5 stadiums ready each year wait to see who gets there , then choose the logical venue.

Uefa want it in europes backwaters so not as many can travel and ruin their wankathon showpiece. The fans ruin their big day.

Exactly. The fans are the great unwashed ruining it for the people who matter.

Guest Deadbeat

i went to the last two but was seriously going to fuck it off this year cos of cost. it's abuse, the hotel prices , the flights. i went to moscow a while back and paid 20 quid a night for an absolute shit hole, which are all sold out. the 100 pound a night hotels are pretty shit too.

why is it in moscow? a place that cannot cater for so many people at one time? a place that cannot process visas in time so the rules have to be changed.? it doesnt have enough hotels or bars. simple maths.

m to the o to the n with the e and the y