You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fucking hell, now moores is at it ...

Like Moores and Parry were alone in being taken in the Yank duo. They weren't warmly welcomed but there were few doomsayers at the time.

I said it at the time and I've said it constantly since; I was SHOCKED that the fans of this club accepted these Americans so easily considering Giletes habit of becoming bankrupt and Hicks' certified warmongering.

Moores can fuck off quite frankly, he hasn't said anything there except that the owners shouldn't make arguments in public. What about their treatment of the manager? What about the debt on the club, you turd?

And to think- we were one kept promise away from being owned by DIC.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DIC are hovering like vultures now. To be fair to them I have never known anyone want to own a company as they have us.

All they have to do is up the offer, that's what Hicks is waiting for. If Parry and Moores keep criticising G&H in public then a vote of 4-2 kicks them both out of the club I think. Parry and Moores are making public statements in an attempt to save face with the fans, nothing else.

Correct Hermes, the board can vote to sell but the each individual has a right to veto which is the problem. DIC have already more than double what they offered last year, what more do we want?

Can be the first to congratulate Dave U? He was one of the biggest doomsayer against G+H last year on the day they bought us and he was proved right.

Haven`t read all the thread but I`ll throw my tuppence worth in, even though it`s probably been said by many before.

I think David Moores is an absolute idiot and Fucking disgrace to the Club he professes to love. After the months of turmoil with the manager seriously under threat and the Club riddled with debt, the only time he speaks out is when Parry`s position is threatened. Shows exactly where his loyalties lie.

And as for admitting selling the Club to a man he knew nothing about, well it just about sums the sheer idiocy of the man up. If he had any shred of decency left he`d resign his contrived position as `Life President` and enjoy spending his extra 8 million pieces of silver.

Correct Hermes, the board can vote to sell but the each individual has a right to veto which is the problem. DIC have already more than double what they offered last year, what more do we want?

Can be the first to congratulate Dave U? He was one of the biggest doomsayer against G+H last year on the day they bought us and he was proved right.

I deserve congratulations aswell then.

More from Barrett.

David Moores tells of his ‘distaste’ over Tom Hicks' letter

Apr 12 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

DAVID Moores today gave his total backing to Rick Parry after co-owner Tom Hicks demanded the resignation of Liverpool's chief executive.

Liverpool's honorary life president hit out at the "distasteful" way in which Hicks informed Parry by post that he wanted him to quit and condemned the move as lacking in respect and decency.

Parry only learned that Hicks was looking to oust him from Anfield when he received text messages informing him that the news had broken on a satellite TV channel.

And Moores today backed Parry – a man whom he rates as one of the best chief executives around. "For me, Rick was a great support in times when I had problems," he said.

"I feel very lucky that during my chairmanship I had two of the best chief executives in Peter Robinson and Rick and I know deep down how much Rick must be hurting even though he's got broad shoulders and he can certainly fight his corner.

"It hurts me because I know of his love for Liverpool Football Club and how he would never do anything to damage the club's name or do anything against the club whatsoever.

"I can only speak highly of him and he certainly deserves better than he was treated on Thursday.

"He was on company business for the Mascherano appeal when he found out.

"He'd had no time to see the correspondence and before he'd even had time to tell his family, they had seen it on television.

"How awful must that have been for him because nobody should be treated like that. Nobody deserves that. There's been a huge lack of respect and it's been very distastefully done."

Moores also believes that the ongoing battle between Liverpool's co-owners has placed Parry in an almost impossible position.

It's not often you're right Stu, but even I can't argue with you there.

Agreed. He didn't say a fucking word when they were putting shit loads of debt on the club and wanting to sack the manager. I've got no sympathy for the pair of them, making out like they are the ones that have been hard done to. All four of them are pan handles.

Like Moores and Parry were alone in being taken in the Yank duo. They weren't warmly welcomed but there were few doomsayers at the time.

The fans had no control over the takeover anyway. I do know that almost every red I knew were personally gutted that the DIC bid had fallen through and unhappy that the two people replacing them sounded nowhere near as succesful. However fans are generally (thankfully) optimists so despite hearing some negative things about bankruptcy, lack of success for the owners American teams etc. were willing/wanted to believe Moores and Parry when they said they had done their homework.

So in effect the fans weren't wrong for trusting Hicks and Gillett as they didn't particularly, they were wrong for trusting Moores and Parry about Hicks and Gillett. The major difference is that with power comes responsibility and Moores and Parry had all of the power and failed to show any responsibility in terms of thoroughly researching the owners. The irony is that Moores and Parry spent so long looking for what they deemed worthy custodians of the club and in selling to these two showed that they themselves were awful custodians as you don't sell "one of the worlds great institutions" to someone just because a guy you hardly know tells you that he is bringing in a partner who is a "stand up guy".

I have absolutely no sympathy for Parry and only a marginal amount for Moores. Lets look at some of the background.

Parry is an intelligent and highly educated man and most importantly knew the risks involved when he did the deal with the Americans. Moores can play the ignorance card, to a certain degree, and can argue that he employed Parry to ensure that Liverpool F.C got the best possible deal.

The bottom line is that there were concerns at the beginning of last year in the financial markets in that there was too much risk on the table notably with 'easy credit' and the huge amounts of debt in play for households, corporates and economies in general. Respected financial commentators were making comments that this situation was unsustainable and eventaully money markets will unwind in respect of the most fundamental economic law 'You cannot spend more than you earn'

Liverpool F.C had employeed financial consultants to advise the club in regards to the sale and in their work they must have completed a substantial dossier which included a 'risk analysis' of selling to DIC v Gillet/Hicks v other potential buyers.

So why Hicks/Gillet in light of the economic and finanical risk?

This is the decision that no-one understands and we will be no clearer until Parry/Moores publish the conclusions from the consultants, as I cannot believe a professional consultancy company worth their salt would conclude the Americans over DIC, as well as their own notes with justification of why GG/TH had the best overall business case.

In the meantine we can only make up our own conclusions and this is mine.

Parry selfishly guranteed his job as well as the extra cash for Moores with his life peerage as an additional sweetener in order to justify the GG/TH deal. Parry, as a qualified accountant with substantail experience must have known the prudent and most risk adverse option was DIC, however he took a 'punt' on the americans for personal gain with the hope that the leverage boom would continue to the point where we would have a new stadium and subsequentally he would would avoid the current mess which frankly is that any operating profit generated to be spent servicing loans from the americans and joint owners at civil war.

Finally, the only saving grace is DIC and particularly Sameer Al Ansari who have rigourously maintained interest despite a number of reasons to go elsewhere for investment returns. With the credit crunch there is an endless amount of opportunity in the long term for soverign wealth funds, like DIC, to invest. (Financial banks are crying out for vast capital inflows). However to stick with Liverpool F.C despite all that has happend suggests to me anyway that this is much more than an investment opportunity.

Moores had a choice between the sovereign wealth fund of Dubai and two potless yanks and he made the wrong choice

makes me laugh, where's Cardie and them cunts saying would DICs bid have been any better due to the debt etc. well DUH, anything is better than these two cunts and I said so at the time, how Moores chose them over DIC is unbelievable, in truth he should have bent over and begged them to take over because not doing so has led to this mess

the stupid prick

the only saving grace is that man Moores is not in charge any more and that G&H will be subjected to commercial pressure/banks etc. and finally we might get sold to the right people

Translated, that interview is David Moores saying "I've been conned" but it was clear to every right minded Liverpool fan 6 months ago. This sell out is more concerned with sticking up for his mate than Rafa and the club. Where was the support for Rafa earlier in the season, when he was on the verge of the sack for fuck all? Nowhere to be seen from Moores, who was sat there like a gormless cunt, saying and doing nothing. Tom Hicks is a fucking nightmare for everyone at Liverpool but David Moores, let us slide into mediocrity for a long time and we've got a long way to catch up.

Had Benitez left, earlier this season, we'd quite possibly be out of Europe and outside the top 4, with the club in even more dire straits and Moores would have sat back and let it happen. His mates job comes under threat, and he's straight onto his soap box. I'm sure the extra millions from sellling out to Hicks and Gillett, coupled with the returned loan money from the Kuyt transfer, help soften the blow of your stupidity.

"I feel very lucky that during my chairmanship I had two of the best chief executives in Peter Robinson and Rick and I know deep down how much Rick must be hurting even though he's got broad shoulders and he can certainly fight his corner.

Unfucking believable Mr Moores you are without doubt the worst shit fucking wanking cunt of a chairman that was ever at this great football club.

How the fuck you can compare that asshole Parry to the fanstastically brilliant Peter Robinson is beyond fucking belief, You probably think your a better Chairman than the brilliant Jon Smith or Mckenna.

The sooner you fuck off from this club the better you total tool

Rant Over

G&H threaten to replace one of Europe's top managers with Jurgen fucking Klinsmann and Moores' silence is defeaning. Hicks tries to axe our clown of a CEO and Moores is hurt and offended. Sums up the man.

Coco didn't back Rafe either (self preservation?)