You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's flawless, and still a puppy by goalie standards, they don't reach their peak until their 30s usually.

He'll be the best keepir in the world for the next decade IMO.

he is a bit of a puppy actually. reminds me a bit of a dopey little goalie puppy.

Signor Alonso is a class act, through and through - he just has it all. I really don't think there is a better goalkeeper in the world at the moment. The only one I thought rivalled him was Cech, but I really think he's lost it since the clattering.

I agree about the part before the ., the part after I'm not so sure about.

Reina, brilliant goalkeeper.

Casillas is better though hence why he's still Spain's Numero Uno. Great great shotstopper, a total matchwinner, rarely (if ever) makes mistakes.

Agree, Casillas is probably the best keeper in the world at the moment.

Casillas isn't better, Casillas is a better shot stopper, but if you had a great defence and full confidnce in your back four you would choose Reina every time. I reckon I could bend over in front of Pepe after having a bd case of the shits, have a arsehole wide open the size of the moon, and tell him to look after it, I'd wake up 12 hours later to say "Ta Pepe lad..." and see him do some kind of salute before running off - not sure where he runs off to, but in one dream he ran off on to p a cliff.

Casillas isn't better, Casillas is a better shot stopper, but if you had a great defence and full confidnce in your back four you would choose Reina every time. I reckon I could bend over in front of Pepe after having a bd case of the shits, have a arsehole wide open the size of the moon, and tell him to look after it, I'd wake up 12 hours later to say "Ta Pepe lad..." and see him do some kind of salute before running off - not sure where he runs off to, but in one dream he ran off on to p a cliff.

Each to their own I guess. My dreams involve scantily clad women...

As for Casillas/Pepe, we'll agree to disagree.

I don't watch enough La Liga but I've not seen a keeper over the last two years transition and distribute the ball better than Reina.

Almost all keepers are good shot stoppers. How they command their penalty area, their judgment on corners and crosses, temperment and distribution from backpasses are what seperates the good from the great and Pepe right now is the greatest.