You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Infidel...patchy..some genuinely funny parts...but without the lead performance it would have failed hopelessly due to a hit and miss script by the untalented David Baddiel...5/10

Before the film there was an excellent trailor for FOUR LIONS...cannot wait for that

World's Greatest Dad - 8/10

One of the most original screenplays that I've seen for a long time. It is kind of like two movies. It starts funny and then turns into a bit of a quirky story. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Excellent, I think. I think.

Got around to watching this last night. I'd agree with the above.

Funny, weird, sad, odd.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Got around to watching this last night. I'd agree with the above.

Funny, weird, sad, odd.

Glad you agree. I'm still not sure what to make of it but the first part was funny as shit. Good film, though. People should seek it out because it is less formulaic that a lot of films now.

It's nice to see Robin Williams putting in good performances again.

Hurly Burly - 6.23/10

Based around some Hollywood film casters and their fucked up world of money drugs and women.

Strange really but actually quite captivating. Sean Penn is a terrific actor inee?

Twin Town - 7/10

I'd never heard of this but flicked it on skymovies Indie yesterday. Rhys Ifans and some other giblet play two joyrider brothers causing mayhem on the streets of Swansea.

I don't know what to compare it to really, but it was actually a good little film. Very British, or very Welsh. Or something like that. Eggs.

Guest davelfc

planes, Trains & Automobiles. 7/10

Brilliant film but loses point because, the 'fucking, fuckety, fuck, fuck, fuck' scene at the car hire desk ruins it for me. It's incredibly cheesy, but that's the point and I wonder why he's wanting to race home to that pig of a wife of his and those kids from 'children of the damned'

But Candy steals it and it was a great shame the porky cunt ate his way into an early grave, comedy legend.

Hurly Burly - 6.23/10

Based around some Hollywood film casters and their fucked up world of money drugs and women.

Strange really but actually quite captivating. Sean Penn is a terrific actor inee?

Twin Town - 7/10

I'd never heard of this but flicked it on skymovies Indie yesterday. Rhys Ifans and some other giblet play two joyrider brothers causing mayhem on the streets of Swansea.

I don't know what to compare it to really, but it was actually a good little film. Very British, or very Welsh. Or something like that. Eggs.

At least you didn't do the very lazy comparison at the time which was to call it "The Welsh Trainspotting".

planes, Trains & Automobiles. 7/10

Brilliant film but loses point because, the 'fucking, fuckety, fuck, fuck, fuck' scene at the car hire desk ruins it for me. It's incredibly cheesy, but that's the point and I wonder why he's wanting to race home to that pig of a wife of his and those kids from 'children of the damned'

But Candy steals it and it was a great shame the porky cunt ate his way into an early grave, comedy legend.

What?? Am I alone here in thinking this was actually one of the funniest bits?

Guest davelfc
What?? Am I alone here in thinking this was actually one of the funniest bits?

You're kidding right? It makes me cringe, it's such a poor part of the film.

Saw two this week. First up:

Clash of the Titans- 5/10

Oh dear. If you're going to re-do what has already been done then you either need to stay faithful in terms of story etc, or you need to pull out all of the stops to make it better. This was neither. Script was rushed, acting was questionable, even from Fiennes who's usually alright. It just felt like it had been hurried and hurried, and that no real care was put into it. The leading feller (name escapes me) had all of the charisma of an ironing board. Disappointing really. I gave it 5 because the effects weren't too bad.

Kick Ass- 9/10

Hilarious, just really bloody funny and very clever.

'Hoop Dreams' WOW!! 10/10.

Just some info in case you didn't know.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Neither Agee nor Gates made the NBA. Nonetheless, both young men were able to turn the film's success and their subsequent fame into a better life for themselves and their families. They took the money generated from the film and bought better housing. Additionally Arthur Agee, the younger of the two basketball players, launched a foundation promoting higher education for inner city youth and began the "Hoop Dreams" sportswear line in 2006. Gates has also risen above his earlier circumstances while giving back to the community as senior pastor at Living Faith Community Center in Cabrini-Green, where he works at the Kids' Club.

The families of both men have experienced losses since the release of the film. On Thanksgiving morning 1994, Agee's older half-brother, DeAntonio, was gunned down at Cabrini-Green. In September 2001, Gates' older brother, Curtis, 36, was shot to death in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood. Arthur's father, Bo Agee, was murdered in 2004.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What are people's opinions on the Kill Bills? People tend to talk about them in a derogatory way, but I love them. I think they are both brilliantly acted, scripted and directed and I think they tell a good story.

What are people's opinions on the Kill Bills? People tend to talk about them in a derogatory way, but I love them. I think they are both brilliantly acted, scripted and directed and I think they tell a good story.

I like them.

They're just pure escapism and Tarantino does that sort of thing really well, in my opinion.

I think you know what you're going to get before you watch it, but that's not really a bad thing. You don't want to be challenged intellectually all the time when you're watching a film and so if you just want to zone out for 90 minutes then they more than do a job.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I like them.

They're just pure escapism and Tarantino does that sort of thing really well, in my opinion.

I think you know what you're going to get before you watch it, but that's not really a bad thing. You don't want to be challenged intellectually all the time when you're watching a film and so if you just want to zone out for 90 minutes then they more than do a job.

I've just noticed that he is writing Kill Bill: Vol. 3.