You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which team is "bigger"?

RedinSweden

Which is the bigger team?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the bigger team?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell that's a tough question.

I try not to be biased about things like this, and I totally accept that Madrid are a huge club. They have massive tradition, big fan base, they're wealthy and they have a great stadium.

I don't think they're any bigger than us though - I really dont.

I'm not voting as it's too tight to call.

I've put Madrid, but they're not much bigger than us. They've won the European cup nearly double the times we have, I'm not sure how many La Liga's they've won but i think it's more than 18. If we compare our history to other teams, to say how big we are then we have to compare it to their's to. As Brownie said it is a tough question, but If i'm going to be truly honest you have to say just edge it over us.

In my eyes no one will ever be bigger than us. But few pointers.

I'm not a madrid historian but massive early on which gave them their european pedegrie and of course the franco thing. but did go 30 years without a european cup. Then the change, the influx of galaticos & glamour rebuilt the club. 3 wins in 98/00 & 02 pushed them right back up there. Then of course Beckham, pushing their profile even further up. Bearing in mind they havent won anything since he joined the club.

Ive been to the Bernabeau once ok it wasnt a massive game but it's a very civilised affair, people dressed very smartly etc. Didn't take to well to us lot being smashed and spilling beer everywhere.

Here I think were a bit more tribal about it, Liverpool fans will go anywhere by any means possible to follow the club.

I'd say their 3 european wins puts them infront of us at the moment. We need to be competing for the title every year and getting into semis at least along side that. At the moment were not, were a cup side with potential. My heart says no but form says yes. (last decade I'm talking about here)

The Fifth Amendment protects witnesses from being forced to incriminate themselves. To "plead the Fifth" or to "take the Fifth" is to refuse to answer a question because the response could form incriminating evidence.

Although i'd be interested to see figures for estimated number of supporters around the world. I doubt Real can match our support in the States and Far East...

Fucking hell that's a tough question.

I try not to be biased about things like this, and I totally accept that Madrid are a huge club. They have massive tradition, big fan base, they're wealthy and they have a great stadium.

I don't think they're any bigger than us though - I really dont.

I'm not voting as it's too tight to call.

It was this Rafa business that got me thinking. I think they edge it, but i am glad i support Liverpool. I think we have more to be proud of.

Madrid are the ONLY club who can say they are biger than us s they are the only club who has won more domestically and in Europe that us. And that, for me, is the ONLY thing taht defines a "big club".

not stadium.

not money.

not fan base.

Size is measured in success and success alone.

Madrid are the ONLY club who can say they are biger than us s they are the only club who has won more domestically and in Europe that us. And that, for me, is the ONLY thing taht defines a "big club".

not stadium.

not money.

not fan base.

I have a successful penis.

not stadium.

not money.

not fan base.

I disagree - I think the others are contributory factors, but mainly when they are added to amount of success.

For example, just because Newcastle have a big stadium and fan base, it doesn't make them a big club, but the fact that us and Madrid have that on top of a history of success, reinforces our status.

That's my take on it anyway.

not stadium.

not money.

not fan base.

I dissagree there, Barca don't have a massive trophy cabinet but are widely regarded as one of the top five clubs in the world.

I think its trophies, fan base, and stadium.

I've put Madrid, but they're not much bigger than us. They've won the European cup nearly double the times we have, I'm not sure how many La Liga's they've won but i think it's more than 18. If we compare our history to other teams, to say how big we are then we have to compare it to their's to. As Brownie said it is a tough question, but If i'm going to be truly honest you have to say just edge it over us.

they have won 29 titles.

It is the toon army of the cock world though.

Short, fat, with limited success, an odious owner and generally found out in the cold without a top on - "Yes luv, it's cold, not small"

RiS, you are an evil man.

Although at least it wasn't an Everton Dong, which can be described as "Small, blue and bitter".

Short, fat, with limited success, an odious owner and generally found out in the cold without a top on - "Yes luv, it's cold, not small"

RiS, you are an evil man.

Although at least it wasn't an Everton Dong, which can be described as "Small, blue and bitter".

Genius as usual!

Does anyone else think that there's something a bit funny about winning the first five years of the tournament? It's kind of like Uruguay winning the World Cup when we weren't even in it but would have pissed it, I can't respect it as much.

I agree with what you are saying. It was a fledgling competition back then and it did not have nearly the prestige or pedigree as later years. It's their good fortune that it wasn't so heavily contested, but by all accounts they still had a marvellous team (Di Stefano and the like I think).