You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which team is "bigger"?

RedinSweden

Which is the bigger team?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the bigger team?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on

Look at Chelsea

More pertinent, look as Lucas Niell

If some billionaire went out and took over Reading, and give them a bottless pit of cash, they also could sign anyone they wanted, doesnt make them a big club.

but if Reading get money like chelsea can they attract big names like Real can?

Its not only about money unless you are Lucas Neil.

The number of European Cups won by Real Madrid between 1967 and 1997,

Zero. They were really in the doldrums for a hell of a lot of years and it is only the last 9 years that they have come back onto the big stage again.

They won the first 5 European Cups but it was the Franco era , oh and they had Puskas and Di Stefano

The number of European Cups won by Real Madrid between 1967 and 1997,

Zero. They were really in the doldrums for a hell of a lot of years and it is only the last 9 years that they have come back onto the big stage again.

They won the first 5 European Cups but it was the Franco era , oh and they had Puskas and Di Stefano

Flash in the pan Juanny-come-latelies.

Rangers have more domestic titles (40 to Celtics 25) but they dont have a european cup do they and most of their domestic titles were pre-war - you trying to shoot yeself down in flames or what? their stadiums smaller, their average attendance is 10,000 less, their skint............try and keep up...

So by your reckoning Nottingham Forest are a big club and Newcastle are bigger than Liverpool?

As for the "most of their domestic titles were pre-war" comment, which war are you talking about - The Gulf War?

Since WWII Rangers have won 27 championships out of their total of 51 compared to Celtic winning 21 of their 41.

So by your reckoning Nottingham Forest are a big club and Newcastle are bigger than Liverpool?

As for the "most of their domestic titles were pre-war" comment, which war are you talking about - The Gulf War?

Since WWII Rangers have won 27 championships out of their total of 51 compared to Celtic winning 21 of their 41.

By my reckoning Forest who've won 1 domestic title and 2 european cups(the only club to win more european than domestic titles) dont have a big ground or big average attendance, aint been successful in the last 20 years, dont have a world wide reputation or fans base and are skint - so no if you were paying any bleedin attention at all that doesn't make them a big club - a european cup is one of the criteria but only one - you have to tick all the boxes

how does what I've said suggest Newcastle are bigger than Liverpool completely lost me on that one?

The Rangers/Celtic stuff - my starting point was 1922 - its when the league formed a second division and allowed promotion/relegation, everybody aberdeen etc were included but you're right I should have started back in the year dot when they played with stuffed heads its only fair, I'll know better next time.....the before war comment relates to Rangers period of domination between 22 and 39. Doesn't alter my opinion Celtic tick all the boxes , Rangers dont.

If Rangers had a european trophy and some wedge they may qualify as big club but it wouldn't stop Celtic being one as well. Same rules on a euro trophy stuff up Arsenal.

If Rangers had a european trophy and some wedge they may qualify as big club but it wouldn't stop Celtic being one as well. Same rules on a euro trophy stuff up Arsenal.

I'd stop digging if I was you. Your knowledge of football could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a very large crayon.

I'd stop digging if I was you. Your knowledge of football could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a very large crayon.

apologies didn't know you wanted your crayon back

I'll use it one last time

Club rangers celtic

Domestic Titles ((since 1922) 51(40) 40(25)

European Titles 0 1

Uefa ranking 48 24

Average Attendance 49000 57000

Stadium capacity 51000 60000

Turnover (M$) 100 110

Debt (M$) 60 20

Thems my estimates anyway................but I'm usually wrong

Havnt read all the way through this thread so appologies if someone has already pointed this out...thinking about it madrids first 5 european cups were won in a way completly different from the era of the 70's,80's and 90's.

Therefore, we have technicly won more european cups than Madrid.:tease: