You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gillette and Hicks Interview.

Wig

I thought they came across pretty well, but then I know nothing about them and it could all be bullshit.

I also read the interview with Moores, and found myself sneering 'yeah right' at virtually everything he said.

I'm sceptical, but we'll see what happens I guess. My fear is that in a few years time we'll be paying £100 a ticket. I'm not having it that they are here to win trophies. It's about money, and how much they can make. If they make money from us winning trophies, great. If we don't win them though, how are they going to make money? Hiking up ticket prices maybe?

As I say, we'll see. I've an open mind about the Gillett and Hicks. My mind is made up about Parry and Moores.

I thought they came across pretty well, but then I know nothing about them and it could all be bullshit.

I also read the interview with Moores, and found myself sneering 'yeah right' at virtually everything he said.

I'm sceptical, but we'll see what happens I guess. My fear is that in a few years time we'll be paying £100 a ticket. I'm not having it that they are here to win trophies. It's about money, and how much they can make. If they make money from us winning trophies, great. If we don't win them though, how are they going to make money? Hiking up ticket prices maybe?

As I say, we'll see. I've an open mind about the Gillett and Hicks. My mind is made up about Parry and Moores.

I'm the same. I'm in the mind set of a 'let's see what happens' situation.

Interested in what he says about the stadium and what Stevie and Jamie told them. Not sure if we still can but I'd really love them to re-address the current shite they drew up.

They can instantly make cash by marketing us better. All around the world you should be able to get Liverpool merchandise but even in Liverpool you struggle to get what you want.

After we won the Champs Lge they should have been Liverpool stuff everywhere but there wasnt.

I expect these guys to really push the boat out on that side of matters plus we arent that far off having a team that can push for the Premier Lge.

I have to believe what these two men said in that interview. I have to believe that they will respect the traditions and fans of our club and not turn it into some sort of merchandising circus with cheerleaders on the sidelines and the wave in the stands. And I do believe it. I think that we can take them at their word in that they will respect and uphold all that is dear to us.

Have said that though, they have also come here to make money. But there is lots of that to be made and there will be a way for them to both make money and keep the club's unique and special identity intact. They will make money just by improving on the currrent marketing/merchandising as someone else has already said. And revenues will only increase the more successful we are on the pitch.

I think we are going to be ok.

Any prospective owner will want to turn a profit.

They can do that by making improvements to the way things are done or in any number of ways (naming rights, sponsorship, marketing etc)

Having said that, there will be a ticket price rise at some point, I think that's a given. Our prices are pretty low in terms of the league and we're moving to a new stadium. Provided its not exploitative, and with it comes success, I doubt there will too many complaints beyond the usual grumbles.