Rashid

Israel - A Rant

Interesting reading Haaretz and the Jerusalem Post today. Both have some op-ed stuff bemoaning the lack of support for Israel particularly in the West. Haaretz frames it as a warning that Israel is losing the PR battle and needs to be careful of the consequences whereas the Post essentially PR is pointless because Israel's critics are all antisemitic. 

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, I'm aware they've stopped doing that.

Ah, the old "Sinn Fein IRA" chestnut that idiots and simpletons like to peddle. 

• Downvote 1

Hey, it's okay. I understand. The cognitive dissonance that results from supporting Irish self-determination while simultaneously opposing Jewish self-determination must be immense.

I'm proud that my Irish Jewish family was on the Irish side during the Irish war of independence. They as much as anyone knew how important the ties between an indigenous people and their homeland were. Of course, the Jews in Mandatory Palestine would later copy the Irish tactics in their own struggle for independence against their mutual British enemy.

Does anyone think that, should the Irish be expelled from Ireland and forced to wander the Earth for hundreds of years, the likes of Sinn Fein would ever accept their home was lost forever, and that it should just be abandoned to whichever waifs and strays pitched up on the island in the meantime? Not a chance.

8 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Hey, it's okay. I understand. The cognitive dissonance that results from supporting Irish self-determination while simultaneously opposing Jewish self-determination must be immense.

I'm proud that my Irish Jewish family was on the Irish side during the Irish war of independence. They as much as anyone knew how important the ties between an indigenous people and their homeland were. Of course, the Jews in Mandatory Palestine would later copy the Irish tactics in their own struggle for independence against their mutual British enemy.

Does anyone think that, should the Irish be expelled from Ireland and forced to wander the Earth for hundreds of years, the likes of Sinn Fein would ever accept their home was lost forever, and that it should just be abandoned to whichever waifs and strays pitched up on the island in the meantime? Not a chance.

So yet again not comparable at all seeing as that’s not happened to Ireland and what the IDF is doing to the Palestinians isn’t in anyway comparable to Irish actions throughout its entire history. Cut the bullshit. 

Im proud that my Irish ancestors were on the right side of history and would always defend the right of anybody to exist with the same civil rights as anybody regardless of religion or skin colour or where their grandad from 2700 years ago may have once lived. Shame that having those true decent values can’t be said for everyone. 

12 hours ago, scottthecanuck said:

Interesting reading Haaretz and the Jerusalem Post today. Both have some op-ed stuff bemoaning the lack of support for Israel particularly in the West. Haaretz frames it as a warning that Israel is losing the PR battle and needs to be careful of the consequences whereas the Post essentially PR is pointless because Israel's critics are all antisemitic. 

They should decide if they want to be feared or understood. So far, feared served them fine.

30 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They should decide if they want to be feared or understood. So far, feared served them fine.

Unless your one of the dead eh 

45 minutes ago, SasaS said:

So far, feared served them fine.

Actually that is not the impression I get from either side. Rather the fear is exhibited by the Israeli's. On the left the fear is the world is turning their back on them because of the oppressive policies of the Netanyahu government. On the right the fear is the world is turning their back on them because of antisemitism. 

One thing that unites Israeli's is fear of the future, so spending their entire history trying to get people to fear them has been somewhat counterproductive. 

11 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

just be abandoned to whichever waifs and strays pitched up on the island in the meantime?

Very revealing. 

3 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Actually that is not the impression I get from either side. Rather the fear is exhibited by the Israeli's. On the left the fear is the world is turning their back on them because of the oppressive policies of the Netanyahu government. On the right the fear is the world is turning their back on them because of antisemitism. 

One thing that unites Israeli's is fear of the future, so spending their entire history trying to get people to fear them has been somewhat counterproductive. 

I get your point, if I were in their position I would not insist on this doctrine of responding to every attack with such force that every other attacker would think twice before moving against them. I would either look for win-win solutions or be more Machiavellian. But looking at where they are now, they seem to know what they are doing.

13 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Israel’s policy seems to be like many right wingers, one of “I will do, say, lie, murder and act how ever I want but you dare not criticise, insult, question my lies or fight back because then how dare you ! I am the victim” 

• Upvote 1

Enemies of Palestine love citing Article 7 of the Hamas Charter, to show how anti-Semitic Hamas are and why it's perfectly legitimate to kill everybody in a tower block, just in case some of them are Hamas activists.  There's no doubt that the old quote about rocks and trees conspiring in the murder of Jews, which was inserted into Article 7 of the original charter, is horribly anti-Semitic.  That may be one of the reasons it was dropped when Hamas adopted a new charter in 2017.

Here's the current Hamas charter. 

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hamas-2017-document-full 

Unfortunately for twats like the author of that article, it's just not as racist or scary as the charter it superseded.  You can't use this to justify the killing of civilians.

20210523_000350.png

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Wow. Just, wow. 

E1_6Bi_XMAI3Mzs.jpeg

E2Ad0ipWEAIlpp5.jpeg

You know you're losing the PR fight when you're wasting your time and energy going after celebrities. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

IDF Spokesperson:

"This was a storage facility for dangerous Hamas scissors."

Screenshot_20210523_143928.jpg

His tin of Barbicide was storing 44 ak's and an anti-aircraft gun turret the bastard. 

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Interesting attendees at the Israel solidarity march today... 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveRightNLeft/status/1396449618985168898

Your link didn't work for some reason..... 

Imagine being on the same side as this evil racist cunt. 

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yeah, much better to be on the same side as the "Hitler was Right" lot.

What side's that? I mean his own supporters have been known to do the Nazi salute and he's widely regarded as Britains biggest facist but let's not fry your brain out with reality YET AGAIN 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What side's that? I mean his own supporters have been known to do the Nazi salute and he's widely regarded as Britains biggest facist but let's not fry your brain out with reality YET AGAIN 

Just one example.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/bbc-journalist-hitler-was-right-

• Upvote 1