You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

13 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

She knew exactly what she was doing. Her public appearances are carefully orchestrated by her mother and a management team, have been for years. The idea that she just happened by pure coincidence in the current environment to pose with a well known decades old anti semitic trope is just laughable. What I genuinely don’t get is why the anti semites bother trying to conceal it anymore. Nobody else is falling for the “Oh I didn’t realise that was an anti Semitic trope” nonsense so why try. I think an honest anti semite politician would actually do really well in this country. 

I posted twenty hours ago that I had never heard of the trope. If you want to create revisionism for me, shall I come up to you or you come down to me ?

I didn’t say that you personally had heard of the trope.

It took me 2 minutes of googling to find these disgusting cartoons that just happen to feature vile caricatures of Jews as blue octopuses. I concede the last one is pink but it is worth looking at becuase also this disgusting cartoon featured in our very own uk Guardian only last year. 

The point of dog whistle politics is being well illustrated in this thread, the speaker covertly signals to his supporters that she shares their Jew hatred but then can deny it to the rest of the world who don’t get the reference.

It’s worked, she’s said it, people who have studied the history of anti semitism know exactly what she was doing then she denied she understood the significance and people like me who point it out get called hysterical. Well played Gretna, classic dog whistling. 

image.jpeg

IMG_2623.jpeg

IMG_2624.jpeg

• Downvote 3

14 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’m 45 and I never knew the blue octopus was considered an anti-Semitic trope. 

And I’d imagine there are a lot more people who were the same. 

I’d wager a large percentage of people currently frothing at the mouth over this only learned about this yesterday too.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I didn’t say that you personally had heard of the trope.

It took me 2 minutes of googling to find these disgusting cartoons that just happen to feature vile caricatures of Jews as blue octopuses. I concede the last one is pink but it is worth looking at becuase also this disgusting cartoon featured in our very own uk Guardian only last year. 

The point of dog whistle politics is being well illustrated in this thread, the speaker covertly signals to his supporters that she shares their Jew hatred but then can deny it to the rest of the world who don’t get the reference.

It’s worked, she’s said it, people who have studied the history of anti semitism know exactly what she was doing then she denied she understood the significance and people like me who point it out get called hysterical. Well played Gretna, classic dog whistling. 

image.jpeg

IMG_2623.jpeg

IMG_2624.jpeg

They were also drawn as Pink, Red, Green..etc back in the day.

But the ones drawn as blue suits the agenda for many.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Juniper said:

They were also drawn as Pink, Red, Green..etc back in the day.

But the ones drawn as blue suits the agenda for many.

Plus, if you turn it inside out it shows a smiley face.

Greta’s has a sad face to probably depict the sadness she feels about how the Palestinian people are being inhumanely treated. 

But, no all the autistic kids are the real threat, because they are all Nazi’s. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Plus, if you turn it inside out it shows a smiley face.

Greta’s has a sad face to probably depict the sadness she feels about how the Palestinian people are being inhumanely treated. 

But, no all the autistic kids are the real threat, because they are all Nazi’s. 

Shit, there's two of them in my house!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dicko said:

There's that or the more likely scenario like most of the world she didn't fucking know.

You said you googled it and it took you two minutes, that suggests you yourself didn't fucking know about it as well.

I googled the cartoons. The trope is well known.

I’m not going to bother with this place anymore. 2 weeks after the biggest single massacre of Jews since the hololcaust and people in here are calling Jews rats and saying “it’s getting  harder not to be an anti semite”.

I’m done. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There’s about four of those octopus teddies in my house and I haven’t got any autistic kids. 

That’s not to say they can’t be used to lure them in though…

May I suggest at least borrowing one, to make it less obvious you're a Nazi.

By the way, did anyone see the official Twitter account of the Israeli government's response to Greta?

Hamas doesn’t use sustainable materials for their rockets which have BUTCHERED innocent Israelis . The victims of the Hamas massacre could have been your friends. Speak up.

Just so normal. They've gone full Trump, the utter fucking weapons.

7 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’m not going to bother with this place anymore. 2 weeks after the biggest single massacre of Jews since the hololcaust and people in here are calling Jews rats and saying “it’s getting  harder not to be an anti semite”.

I’m done. 

The subsequent and massively more destructive massacre of the muslims, if we are going to use religion as the category, will not even be a consideration for some.  I think the latter remark was related to the increasingly tenuous linking of any act or symbol to an antisemitic marker is as pathetic as it is cynical.  It is possible to hate the actions of the Israeli state and its supporters without being antisemitic.  

30 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’m done. 

And it took an autistic girl to have an octopus toy to speak out? 

Virtue signalling Fraud. 

31 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’m done. 

It's getting harder to not be an anti-semite since people like you make even the vaguest criticism of Israel antisemitic.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Trevorjc said:

Very nuanced and intellectual conversation. 

Pure lies and pure evil. No surprise to see Strontz like it. Because that’s his MO as well 

21 hours ago, Planet Origi said:

F89iLCCXAAAvo-c.jpg

Is right. 

1 hour ago, sh#t waffle said:

Captain Willard is both utterly disingenuous and significantly less smart than he thinks he his. Combined with his absolute rock solid belief that his opinions are fact, it sure makes for some dynamite* posts.

*by which I mean shit

It’s strontz other account I reckon 

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

I’m done. 

Good, now fuck off you absolute lying cunt