You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yesterday

Truered

Obviously was a disaster but it had it's fun bits too.

Loved the flags outside the city arms pub over the NCP car park, and the photo someone had of Roman naked with Ken bates giving him one up the ass was very funny.

All the singing chanting in and out of the City arms was excellent, an excellent atmosphere before the match.

As for the game.

Plenty of people have vented there feelings on here, driving back last night it was for me just total frustration more then anger.

Chelski won the cup because we let them not because they played better.

The Gerrard own goal was not his fault, no-body can say otherwise he was just unluckly and obviously he looked gutted when it happened.

However his reaction was, how do I put this a non action.

YOu can understand the team being totally deflated after that goal, we had in my opinion held them off easily and would have won the cup no problem if the incident hadn't have happened.

I remember thinking at the time, please hold on till extra time so we can re-group and start again.

But we didn't start again, too many players just didn't try and come on let's be fair about this Gerrard was responsible but so are others.

Garcia really was frustrating, Biscan only plays well for slower European games he cannot do it at this level, Baros dissapointed although I felt he should have started.

In the end Chelski won and that is that.

Ages ago a thread went round asking when did people finally give up on Houllier.

Well this could be the game were people gave up on Gerrard, I am telling you there was ALOT of very unhappy fans there yesterday who blamed Gerrard for what happened, could this have been the watershed?????

Did you see everyone trashing that bike outside the City Arms Truered? Not sure what that was about.

DT said there was a bit of trouble on sunday in the City Arms, don't know because I wasn't there.

"Tell me ma, me ma, the cabinet's almost full, we're going to istanbull.."

Like it.

Alot of peoples eyes are glazed over by all the shite poured out on tv, web forums and papers. Its easy to get on the Gerrard band wagon and harder to show a bit of unity and get behind a player. You cant lay blame on an og like that. Too many things going on in my head so I'll leave it at that

Did you see everyone trashing that bike outside the City Arms Truered? Not sure what that was about.

DT said there was a bit of trouble on sunday in the City Arms, don't know because I wasn't there.

"Tell me ma, me ma, the cabinet's almost full, we're going to istanbull.."

Like it.

Nah didn't see that Stu probably happened when it was taking 30 minutes to bloody well get served in that place haha.....

Another thing to note about yesterday.

We had hardly any ball control we just kept wacking it upfield and giving possesion back to Chelski, felt sorry for Moro as he had no support at all, another reason why baros should have started for the Lazy git Kewell....

What's going on then? Have the players been programmed by Houllier? Are they incapable of following instructions? Did they decide to defend themselves from the 2nd minute onwards whilst he was telling them to push forward?

i dont know but it is a concern if we go back to that way of playing

The City Arms rocks - was in there all night on Saturday and the atmosphere was superb. Singing songs all night and just basically getting pished!

Couldn't get anywhere near there yesterday though, everyone was surrounding the boozer. Atmosphere was great though - I particularly liked the way a Chelsea vendor walked into the crowd and tried to sell some Chelsea flags.

Said flags were duelly stolen and burnt

The City Arms rocks - was in there all night on Saturday and the atmosphere was superb. Singing songs all night and just basically getting pished!

Couldn't get anywhere near there yesterday though, everyone was surrounding the boozer. Atmosphere was great though - I particularly liked the way a Chelsea vendor walked into the crowd and tried to sell some Chelsea flags.

Said flags were duelly stolen and burnt

Great atmosphere outdide the arms and the scarf burning was very amusing. Anyone know who the twats with the hose were? Bet they regretted it once cans and bottles started fyling their way! Some brilliant flags on the NCP many pics were taken. Was my first final and was on my own but bar the result a very good day out indeed atmosphere was amazing I think we well and truly outsung those kings road cunts!

Loved the flags outside the city arms pub over the NCP car park, and the photo someone had of Roman naked with Ken bates giving him one up the ass was very funny.

All the singing chanting in and out of the City arms was excellent, an excellent atmosphere before the match.

As for the game.

Plenty of people have vented there feelings on here, driving back last night it was for me just total frustration more then anger.

The Gerrard own goal was not his fault, no-body can say otherwise he was just unluckly and obviously he looked gutted when it happened.

YOu can understand the team being totally deflated after that goal, we had in my opinion held them off easily and would have won the cup no problem if the incident hadn't have happened.

I remember thinking at the time, please hold on till extra time so we can re-group and start again.

But we didn't start again, too many players just didn't try and come on let's be fair about this Gerrard was responsible but so are others.

Garcia really was frustrating, Biscan only plays well for slower European games he cannot do it at this level, Baros dissapointed although I felt he should have started.

Ages ago a thread went round asking when did people finally give up on Houllier.

Well this could be the game were people gave up on Gerrard, I am telling you there was ALOT of very unhappy fans there yesterday who blamed Gerrard for what happened, could this have been the watershed?????

Agree with that 100%

As for the game.

The best post I've read on here today. As for some of the other infantile stuff aimed at a certain number 8, you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Yesterday was still a good day:

1. The lad standing on the window sill by the city arms wearing a horses head and waving a Liverpool banner!

2. The window of the city arms being put through by the footy!

3. 'Roman's taxes pay my giro' and 'Lovejoy sucks c0ck' banners. Pure class. And didn't we embarass them with their half-a-dozen St George's crosses with 'Chelsea' written on in felt-tip. Well done to the banner men- you are the best of the best.

4. 'Sit down Mourinho'. Nice to be singing that song rather than hearing it sung at Thommo for once.

Despite the embarassing stuff we witness at Anfield, we are still the best fans- yesterday proved that.

The best post I've read on here today. As for some of the other infantile stuff aimed at a certain number 8, you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Yesterday was still a good day:

1. The lad standing on the window sill by the city arms wearing a horses head and waving a Liverpool banner!

2. The window of the city arms being put through by the footy!

3. 'Roman's taxes pay my giro' and 'Lovejoy sucks c0ck' banners. Pure class. And didn't we embarass them with their half-a-dozen St George's crosses with 'Chelsea' written on in felt-tip. Well done to the banner men- you are the best of the best.

4. 'Sit down Mourinho'. Nice to be singing that song rather than hearing it sung at Thommo for once.

Despite the embarassing stuff we witness at Anfield, we are still the best fans- yesterday proved that.

Yesterday reaffirmed my faith in our fans, simple as that

Outside the Arms and The Model was what i was looking forward to the most. Every time we've been in Cardiff that place gets funnier and funnier. Well thats a lie really coz 2 years ago after the manc game there were loads of mancs parked in that car-park and they were kept in for an hour or so. A slow procession when they left, to many a good Scouse send-off song. Cant top that really.

But the songs and all the shit that went on yestarday made the day. The flag on the NCP saying 'You'll Never Walk Alone' in Spanish. (cant remember how it went now) That Benitez picture and the burning of the flag brought out the 'fundamentalist' in me.

Did anyone see the hotdog lad who got soaked? Dont know if it was from the hose or whether he'd been singled out for a swillin' from the, ahem, rowdier of those around but he looked royally pissed off walking past with the hinges of his cart door hanging off.

Some lad i know had walked to meet us from the chelsea end and said it was silent. Not for all Romans billions would i give up being part of of that 'madness' outside the ground. Sheer unadulterated fun.

Shame we had to leave it to go the game. ;-)