You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

Far too much "impartiality" I the studio. All the stills never show the real situation but and Klopp said, high foot, anywhere else on the pitch it's a pen. This high bar and clear and obvious shit is the problem. 

Snsend the ref to the screen, if he still doesn't think so, have some balls and stick to it. 

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He got the ball first, it’s a contact sport.

Take your rose tints off.

We should have won, but didn’t, neither did they though.

We still have the advantage.

Can't be doing with "he got the ball" as an excuse.

If you shoot an opponent dead, you'll get the ball but it still counts as murder.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

yes, but nullified Robertson, because he goes so wide. If Diaz stays on, Joe at LB is the call, and Conner stays on at RB, with the extra offensive mix. As for Darwin, we’ve seen Mo assist him all season when they’ve played together. I’d have backed that combo all the way to the 99 minutes.

Like I say, personal opinion. There’s no right and wrong. Great game of fucking football though and Anfield at it’s absokute best ❤️

All fair points them mate - fair enough from my side

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What's the jist of what he said?

Honesty, pride in the team, the club. Not afraid to chat about the big calls. Christ can’t he just take a sabbatical? Twelve months off. Hold the fort. Take a long breather. I don’t want Xabi to fail.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He got the ball first, it’s a contact sport.

Take your rose tints off.

We should have won, but didn’t, neither did they though.

We still have the advantage.

It's dangerous play and should have been a free (penalty) kick, the rule is clear on this.  If there's an argument that the bar should be set higher in the penalty area then change the rule.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

VAR - What is the fucking point

Officials - what is the fucking point.

FUCK OFF CHEATING CHEATING FUCKING BASTARD CUNTS

Why didn’t they send him to the screen

21 minutes ago, Curly said:

Not sure how Robbo’s stock has fallen so much and how Gomez having a decent season has seen him hailed as the new Maldini.

Robbo has been the most rounded full-back I’ve seen in a red shirt. Solid to excellent defensively and unreal going forward. He’s had a dip from the highs of his peak maybe, but Gomez isn’t better than him in any way, despite being a decent and versatile defender.

I could see the sense I Gomez starting today but he didn’t do the job he was selected to do and Foden repeatedly had 1 v 1 v Virgil in the first half. Gomez was slightly better in the second half but that’s the worst he’s played for us in years

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You can't be offside from a corner though, that's why the decision went against us in the league cup. Bullshit obviously, but that's the reason.

But the block was the foul which deemed him being offside to be a factor. Technical offside or whatever they called it wasn’t it?

3 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

Far too much "impartiality" I the studio. All the stills never show the real situation but and Klopp said, high foot, anywhere else on the pitch it's a pen. This high bar and clear and obvious shit is the problem. 

Snsend the ref to the screen, if he still doesn't think so, have some balls and stick to it. 

The ref obviously didn’t see it - how many of us did in real time - so ‘clear and obvious’ doesn’t come into it

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

It's dangerous play and should have been a free (penalty) kick, the rule is clear on this.  If there's an argument that the bar should be set higher in the penalty area then change the rule.

They do. From game to game, and also during games.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Curly said:

But the block was the foul which deemed him being offside to be a factor. Technical offside or whatever they called it wasn’t it?

The block made him active in the play, which made him offside. It's a no call washout the block.

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

We saw it not given last weekend - the Forest Kung Fu kick in our box. Ignored.

I am convinced that had that Doku incident on Macca happened say even 5 mins before full time that a pen is given.

The useless officials have bottled giving it us in "100th min of 98" as a direct reaction to the bullshit that surrounded our goal against the scabs last week...at almost the same time and in supposed controversial circumstances.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The block made him active in the play, which made him offside. It's a no call washout the block.

Ake was offside too though. 

image.jpeg

Edit - scrap that. Can’t be offside from a corner apparently 

Double edit - I’ve played and watched football for 30 years and never knew that!

• Haha 2

Taking the emotion away, obviously the penalty helped the shift but I can't remember a second half where we absolutely battered City like we did today. 

I think they had one shot on target second half, which was Foden. We could/should have easily scored four that second half. 

Poor finishing cost us, however we were still robbed by the corrupt cuts in black. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Honesty, pride in the team, the club. Not afraid to chat about the big calls. Christ can’t he just take a sabbatical? Twelve months off. Hold the fort. Take a long breather. I don’t want Xabi to fail.

These shouts for a sabbatical or a change of heart are IMO dead wrong.

He has said he can't do it any more and once you have made that sort of decision it will never be the same again - it would never be same even if he went away for 12 months and came back.

He has been amazing for our football club, but his time is up and so be it - thanks for everything he has given us (more than we dared imagine) and what a fucking hero, but it is done - he is done here (well it will be and he will be at end of season) but you know what i mean.

Never go back IMO.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Curly said:

Not sure how Robbo’s stock has fallen so much and how Gomez having a decent season has seen him hailed as the new Maldini.

Robbo has been the most rounded full-back I’ve seen in a red shirt. Solid to excellent defensively and unreal going forward. He’s had a dip from the highs of his peak maybe, but Gomez isn’t better than him in any way, despite being a decent and versatile defender.

Robbo is fit, and for me Robbo is first choice LB. As for his dip ‘from the highs of his peak’ I really do think it’s because Diaz is taking a lot of space that traditionally Robbo got into. In fact we’ve even seen Diaz go to left back in an emergency. I would like to see how Diaz can go on the right, working with Conner and obviously Trent when fit. Robbo then has the left wing all to himself.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Curly said:

image.jpeg

Double edit - I’ve played and watched football for 30 years and never knew that!

Yeah - That is how teams stand players right on goal line and on top of keepers.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

These shoutd for a sabbatical or a change of heart are IMO dead wrong.

He has said he can't do it any more and once you have made that sort of decision it will never be the same again - it would never be same even if he went away for 12 months and came back.

He has been amazing for our football club, but his time is up and so be it - thanks for everything he has given us (more than we dared imagine) and what a fucking hero, but it is done - he is done here (well it will be and he will be at end of season) but you know what i mean.

Never go back IMO.

Yes. I know what you mean.

Michael Oliver

Paid by the UAE for a part time gig. Doesn't send Kovacivic off the weekend after said trip, doesn't give the pen today

Knows who butters his bread

If you belive in conspiracies or not, it's a terrible look and shouldn't be allowed

Absolute conflict of interests

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, Curly said:

image.jpeg

Throw in and, slightly odd one, goal kick too. So any restart because of the ball being out of play.

• Upvote 1