You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

Although a win on Sunday is obviously preferable, a draw isn’t a disaster by any stretch. They’ll likely think similar. 

However, I don’t want us to think like that. We should be going all out to go 4 points clear of them and then hopefully they can kick each other into next season on the 31st! 

We’ve been historically strong finishers under Klopp. Even the COVID19 season and last season we took 26 & 24 points from our final 10 games. 

Although not guaranteed, I think we all largely believe 90 points will be enough. That means we need 27 from 11. 

Win on Sunday and we really are in the position of counting the games down. 

Who knows, the amount of injuries we’ve had could end up helping us. You’d hope after the international break we’ll be at more or less 100% and players should be fresh(er) for the run in. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I don’t think we’ll win the title now, but I didn’t think we would in August.

Winning three trophies and challenging for the league would still be a brilliant season.

We’re a webb’s pube away from being 5 points clear

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

We’re a webb’s pube away from being 5 points clear

Yes.

The title race is still on and we’re in the middle of it. I just don’t think we’ll end up pulling it out; going from 5th to 1st with our injuries is too big an ask.

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think it's Arsenal's. We opened the door for them by being shit at the Emirates and apart from Brentford every other cunt had bent over for them since.

They have got some tough games coming up,think they have city,utd and spurs away

Arsenal winning at City has to be the result we want. Opening a gap on City is key, I'd take a straight shoot out with Arsenal all day long, if they finish with 18 wins on the bounce then they will have deserved it.

28 minutes ago, No2 said:

Arsenal winning at City has to be the result we want. Opening a gap on City is key, I'd take a straight shoot out with Arsenal all day long, if they finish with 18 wins on the bounce then they will have deserved it.

This Arsenal got tougher fixtures than us City is the team to beat we finish above them we  win this league our job is get out senior players back to fitness and stay in front of City till the finish line 

3 points yesterday would have given that little much needed cushion. 

We are in the mix but the away games are really tricky - Mancs, West Ham, Fulham, Villa & Everton. If we win 4 of those and our home games we will win the title but not sure if we will win 4 out of those 5 aways. 

It also depends on Arsenal progressing in CL and EL draw for us. Lots to play for.  

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Can City and Arsenal draw each other in the next round of the CL?

They can in theory.

We all know City are getting the shittest side left in the draw though. Followed by the winner out of the next two shittest sides in the semi. 

11 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think it's Arsenal's. We opened the door for them by being shit at the Emirates and apart from Brentford every other cunt had bent over for them since.

Nah, not having that.

City are very good, as are we. Arsenal are good, but definitely a level below either of us. I think they will require quite a bit of bounces going their way to win it. They got one yesterday with our draw but I doubt they'll get enough of them over the next couple of months.

I think it'll be City over us by a point or two in the end.

Strange but I am lot happier now . Mostly due to our performance . Thought we were a bit scratchy last couple of weeks loss of form and injuries but we played brilliantly yesterday and some players hitting rich vein of form . We have stuck with Diaz and he coming to the boil, Mo will contribute let's get behind Cody and barring further injuries I can only see us getting better. Just remember all the other teams regardless of injuries are starting to suffer with exhaustion . There will be loads of goals between now and end of season and I think we best placed to take advantage.  Hopefully Jota ready for Àpril and I would say we will be hard to beat. On a side note we need to pummel any of the Uniteds we have left to play for GD . 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Can City and Arsenal draw each other in the next round of the CL?

Everything, rightly, got turned up to a 100 with Klopp’s January announcement, but I still think 2nd and a strong challenge is really good fist of the season.

Make us favourites for the both the FA Cup and Europa, too.

12 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

With your predictions being 100% right , City will win by 3 goals in yesterday's match remember , then by your calculations Virgil should be lifting number 20 in May then .

40 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Beat Brighton and hope for a draw with Arse or City or a City win as we will be in the box seat.

A draw would be the best result but failing that, I would rather Arsenal beat City. Arsenal have more chances of dropping points than City IMO. We can also catch them up on GD.