You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Jan 1-5 22 2024)

image.jpeg

Monday Jan 1:

L 4 Newcastle 2. Fucking hell that was good. I doubt we’ve played better this season, certainly not for 90 minutes anyway. We’ve had brilliant spells in games but this was great more or less the whole way through. Aside from a spell before half time when Anthony Taylor completely lost control of the game, we were utterly dominant. Newcastle actually deserve credit for causing us some problems. As much as they’ve been struggling of late, nobody could have lived with us tonight and they’ve done well to score two and give us some awkward defensive moments. Their keeper is the main reason they didn’t concede ten though. We fucking battered them.

It’s mad that it was 0-0 at half time, but Mo stepped up big time in the second half. It’s a measure of the man that he said afterwards his mindset at half time was that there’s no way he’s heading off to AFCON off the back on that first half and the missed pen. And he went out in the second half and basically won us the game. His mentality is unmatched, he’s got that superstar gene where they just have utter belief in themselves no matter how things are going. He was fucking relentless in that second half and Dan Burn will have nightmares about this game.

Curtis was sensational too. He’s so important for us now and he’s the first midfielder on my team sheet. We’re a better team with him in it. What about Endo again too? He’s boss, I love him. Thankfully Macca is back now because otherwise there’d be a massive Endo shaped hole in the team for the next few weeks.

The atmosphere was great tonight too, especially considering it fucking pissed down all night. I got soaked before the game, I got soaked during the game because the Main Stand does not stop the rain coming in anymore because the roof is so high. And then I got soaked walking back to the car. It was the same for most people inside Anfield but you’d never know based on the atmosphere. This was the kind of noise you normally get on a warm early April evening in a European game.

We’re in a title race and we’re now past the halfway point. So technically this is the start of the run in so Anfield is going to be rocking more often than not now. Klopp's on-pitch celebrations afterwards had a little more to them than usual too. The anticipation is building now, we could be heading for something special in a few months.

View full article

• dave u pinned this topic

re the extravagant celebrations on Monday, I think another element is that we appear to really dislike Newcastle

I think Burnley and Blackburn is similar in the bussing in and out of away fans. They usually go to Accrington to scrap.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 06/01/2024 at 19:54, Frank Dacey said:

Think Bellingham took several millions off his valuation today.

Yeah he was terrible. 

Michael Beale is a total fraud by the way. Terrible appointment by them after Mowbray had done so well.

• Like 1

Beale had a good reputation as a coach at Villa, but struggled at Rangers badly, with suggestions that he was believing his own headlines. Will be interested to see how he gets on at Sunderland. I really enjoyed watching them under Mowbray, a very brave, young team. Too young to get promotion, I fear.

• dave u unpinned this topic