You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - FA Cup 3rd Rnd, Sun 7th Jan 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

True. Shit happens. But those two brainfarts don't add up to the "Arsenal battered Liverpool" version of events.

Absolutely not, I certainly did not watch that game. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

Havertz is a knacker, tries to injure players at every opportunity, can't help but think he may be better focusing on football.

Havertz is a massive cunt, I laugh every time he put on his hard man act squaring up in an opponent face.

Fuck him.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I thought that at the time.  You don't grin like that unless you're 1-0 up, it's the final seconds of injury time, you've just saved a penalty and you haven't conceded a corner.  

There's only one conclusion to the way they reacted there.

giphy (8).gif

4 minutes ago, Code said:

Havertz is a massive cunt, I laugh every time he put on his hard man act squaring up in an opponent face.

Fuck him.

Every time I see him, he always reminds me the Sloth murder in Se7en…

IMG_0657.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

We went there without Van Dijk and were good to excellent defensively. It's been a while since I would not be worried about being without the big man for a game like this. Credit to Ibou and Quansah. I think it's only against City that I would still worry.

14 minutes ago, No2 said:

Delighted with the resilience we showed first half and the quality in the 2nd. Elliott was a huge issue first half, the fact he offers zero threat in behind allowed them to be ultra aggressive in the press and they done it really well in fairness. Once we switched Darwin to the wing we started to put some doubt into them and that changed the game.

I thought Gakpo was more the issue. I noticed a few times the space was the in the hole towards Elliott, Gakpo kept going too far forward and into their back 4, making him easier to mark and making it harder to get the ball to Elliott in space.

Saying that, it’s hard to say much about the first half, everybody apart the centre backs and Trent weren’t at it. Their press was excellent, we didn’t have anybody with the balls to take the ball on the half turn, it kept coming backwards and allowed them to press higher and higher. When we tried to beat the press, our passes were somewhat aimless and their defenders were more aggressive in getting to the ball, especially Saliba on Nunez, and it kept coming back and back again. We missed VVD’s ability to pinpoint a pass and beat the press. 

The changes worked and 2nd half was very good. 

50 minutes ago, No2 said:

Should have mentioned Gravenberch, he was very good having stunk the place out for a month.

I thought he was good at Burnley.

Seems a bit patchy so far although there's definitely a player in there.

3 hours ago, No2 said:

Should have mentioned Gravenberch, he was very good having stunk the place out for a month.

All of our players have had phases of stinking the place out and phases of being great, especially the new signings. I wish people would stop being hysterical fannies over them, they just lack consistency in a new team and playing a new system, but for the most part we have seen glimpses of what they're capable of, they just need time to click in to place. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Aventus said:

All of our players have had phases of stinking the place out and phases of being great, especially the new signings. I wish people would stop being hysterical fannies over them, they just lack consistency in a new team and playing a new system, but for the most part we have seen glimpses of what they're capable of, they just need time to click in to place. 

What??? Time? A new system? Context? Are you mad???

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Up the piss boiling interns!

Are they really livestreaming themselves watching a game and talking about it?

Who the fuck watches self important pricks text their mates whilst watching a game that they could be watching themselves?

I don't understand humanity at times.

• Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Are they really livestreaming themselves watching a game and talking about it?

Who the fuck watches self important pricks text their mates whilst watching a game that they could be watching themselves?

I don't understand humanity at times.

there's kids out there earning trillions for livestreaming themselves playing manic miner.  I'm thinking of livestreaming myself shouting at people who walk past my front door.

• Haha 5