You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) - Sun 13th Aug 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

5 minutes ago, niallers said:

Mac played in the double pivot with caicedo though, a natural 6. He was always the most attacking of the 2. He doesn't suit the single 6 role and he played a lot of it today as we were under the cosh and as we defend in a 433, trent had to be a full back more than a roaming pivot.

Will never know until we get in a6 who is very mobile though.

How much would rodri be?

About 8bn! 

50 minutes ago, DaveT said:

And if Mo hadn’t been a whisker offside, we go 2-0, we’re already well on top and possibly go on to win by three of four. 
Agree totally about the penalty. Taylor was an absolute cunt in the second half. If Trent’s booking is the standard, we should expect to see loads for our opponents at Anfield? Yeah, right. Ibou  gets booked for legging up Jackson 70 yards from our goal, but Gallagher doesn’t get booked for taking out Mac A who’s leading a threatening counter deep in their half? Bent Manc cunt.

The more things change the more they remain the same with Taylor. He’s inept and biased as well as inconsistent.

• Upvote 1

Overall, that’s a good point. If Mo’s goal wasn’t judged on the thickness of the Aura around his hand, at 0-2 we’d have seen a far more nervous Chelsea. Both sides dodged a bullet, but they lost home points.

Some good signs, but the coaching staff will be working our boys hard to keep that press effective.

I felt bad for Doak at the end. He got 15 mins + stoppage time but he hardly got the ball to have a chance of doing anything. I wonder if Mo was pissed off because he's wondering if he's going to be regularly coming off for him in games now too.

It was an interesting change from last time we played there, instead of both teams looking like a mess you could see that there's signs of something changing instead now. Hopefully it's us that end up getting things together more as we go on.

Henry was there too so he could see some of the issues we had. Get some of those yachts sold.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, skend04 said:

Genuinely perplexed how we didn't get a peno in the second half. The player sees the ball all the way from the corner. Last season, or against us, it's a penalty. VAR stinks.

You just know that if that was one of our players at old Trafford it would have been given.Fact.

Genuinely perplexed how we didn't get a peno in the second half. The player sees the ball all the way from the corner. Last season, or against us, it's a penalty. VAR stinks.

That is how you put your thumb on the scale.

Three decisions today in a single match, guaranteed this trifecta will never happen again

Yellow card for wasting time on a throw

Yellow card for flashing an imaginary yellow card 

Those to our two "DMs"

Fella watching the ball come to him off a corner and pushing it out for a goal kick

This is predicated on the fact that he he knows something about football or Soccer as the Yanks like to call it.

3 hours ago, an tha said:

What Henry knows about football you could probably right on the point of one of Linda's high heels.

I was half joking but he could at least see that we were doing well in the first half then all of a sudden things looked a lot worse, then we failed to score after that. He knows Klopp wants more players and we put that huge bid in for Caicedo too so hopefully we've got more arriving shortly.

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

Not the biggest gripe in the world, but the one shot on target thing confuses me a bit. We scored, had a goalbound ball pushed away by a defender and Nunez clearly had a shot deflected wide.

Those stats are mostly a nonsense. You could hit the woodwork 15 times but the stats would suggest you never looked like scoring 

14 hours ago, gkmacca said:

At the end of all that I must say I've never hated watching football so much in my life. There's zero pleasure in the experience at all these days. Watching in the stadium is okay but on TV, christ, it's unbearable.

Aye, I was in the pub watching it and gave up around 60 mins, I won’t be going out of my way to watch any more games. The three main gripes I’ve had for the last 3 seasons haven’t been fixed at all. 

VAR is still fucking shite and takes too long. 
The handball rule, well I don’t even know. 
The standard of refereeing is a mixture of corrupt and appalling 

In short, fuck footy it’s wank. 

• Upvote 1

I knew that Enzo was gonna get motm the minute he broke through and had that tame shot in the 1st half and carragher went into orgasm talking about it. He done fuck all else till he came over to take a throw in late on and they remembered he was on the pitch. One Vastly overrated player him

14 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Aye, I was in the pub watching it and gave up around 60 mins, I won’t be going out of my way to watch any more games. The three main gripes I’ve had for the last 3 seasons haven’t been fixed at all. 

VAR is still fucking shite and takes too long. 
The handball rule, well I don’t even know. 
The standard of refereeing is a mixture of corrupt and appalling 

In short, fuck footy it’s wank. 

I didn't enjoy that yesterday at all.

We had a bit of an Edinburgh TSOP in the pub and I would have much preferred it if we'd done it without the Football.

VAR, along with the new offside & handball rules have turned the beautiful game into just another sport, like rugby or hockey or some shite. Awful.

The fact Chelsea were all over us for about an hour didn't help.

12 hours ago, DaveT said:

Ibou  gets booked for legging up Jackson 70 yards from our goal, but Gallagher doesn’t get booked for taking out Mac A who’s leading a threatening counter deep in their half? Bent Manc cunt.

Konate didn't get booked for that. The numpty he flattened got booked for flashing an imaginary yellow; which is why it was so annoying to see MacAllister do the same thing a few minutes later.

10 hours ago, Pidge said:

Not the biggest gripe in the world, but the one shot on target thing confuses me a bit. We scored, had a goalbound ball pushed away by a defender and Nunez clearly had a shot deflected wide.

they generally go in the blocked category. i think they only count on target when the keeper saves or you score. 

I thought Szloboszlai looked promising. Gakpo didn’t really work in midfield, and as a whole we were a bit too easy to play through again. Wide players, both up top and in defence didn’t help in that.

Mac Allister’s pass to Nunez when the goalie gifted it to him on 90 mins was an absolute shocker. Should have won the game there.

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

I knew that Enzo was gonna get motm the minute he broke through and had that tame shot in the 1st half and carragher went into orgasm talking about it. He done fuck all else till he came over to take a throw in late on and they remembered he was on the pitch. One Vastly overrated player him

I thought he was really good, to be honest, and definitely stood out. 

• Upvote 1