You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (A) Champions League 15/3/2023

Bjornebye

We were lucky not to lose by at least 3 or 4.

Trent, Mo and Fabinho all showing lack of quality on the ball which has been a theme of way too many games this season.

It's probably a controversial opinion but if there was someone who wanted to give us a fortune for Trent I'd consider it to fund the rebuild. He must have given the ball away 20 odd times tonight and it's been happening all season. His attitude looks all wrong.

• Upvote 1

Trent is a disgrace, his attitude is one of the worst in the team.  He needs dropping for the rest of the season and re-evaluate himself. 

we've nothing to play for imo, this team won't finish top 4 with its lack of professionalism/attitude/desire so time for a few rockets up arses and home truths need to be said.  I know its not his style but Klopp needs to start calling out some players. 

• Upvote 1

The damage was done in the first leg. It was a near impossible task to claw back the deficit tonight. They’re simply too good, too professional. I think the players kind of knew this too as, although they did alright, it was a fairly passive performance lacking in belief. 

The goal we conceded was a bit sloppy though. And their midfield killed us in terms of quality with the ball, with our passing being relatively poor all night. 

Alisson and some poor finishing kept it respectable. But, Madrid had gears to go up into if we made it a bit more difficult for them. They’re a ridiculously good team and they thrive in this competition. 

1 minute ago, George Costanza said:

Trent is a disgrace, his attitude is one of the worst in the team.  He needs dropping for the rest of the season and re-evaluate himself. 

we've nothing to play for imo, this team won't finish top 4 with its lack of professionalism/attitude/desire so time for a few rockets up arses and home truths need to be said.  I know its not his style but Klopp needs to start calling out some players. 

Lazy bastard letting vinicius run 5 yards past him for the goal. 

2 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

We were lucky not to lose by at least 3 or 4.

Trent, Mo and Fabinho all showing lack of quality on the ball which has been a theme of way too many games this season.

It's probably a controversial opinion but if there was someone who wanted to give us a fortune for Trent I'd consider it to fund the rebuild. He must have given the ball away 20 odd times tonight and it's been happening all season. His attitude looks all wrong.

I don't see anybody giving us any money for Trent. He's genuinely finished as a premier league player IMHO.

As for Mo, if PSG want him they can have him. He's scored goals don't get me wrong, but if he was playing anywhere near his 2017-18 levels he'd have at least 10 more.

Imagine a club of Real Madrid's stature playing a match like this and bringing on Oxlaide Chamberlain for James Milner.

It's a disgrace, I refuse to believe we couldn't find better midfielders in the world over the last few years.

It's been an act of absolute criminal neglect.

• Upvote 2

We were never doing anything there tonight, the tie was over when they went 3-2 up at Anfield. Our passing & set pieces tonight didn't fucking help.

It's clear the squad is in transition but I don't think it's all doom & gloom, other than Alisson, our best players tonight were Konate, Gakpo & Nunez. The midfield needs surgery in the summer & I'm not sure what to do with Van Dijk & Trent but I think we might be seeing the very beginnings of Klopp's second great team. Maybe I'm talking pish but I could with something to hang on to.

Oh and Real Madrid, Ancelotti, Modric & that wee Nacho cunt can all fuck off, Franco pricks.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

We were never doing anything there tonight, the tie was over when they went 3-2 up at Anfield.

It's clear the squad is in transition but I don't think it's all doom & gloom, other than Alisson, our best players tonight were Konate, Gakpo & Nunez. The midfield needs surgery in the summer & I'm not sure what to do with Van Dijk & Trent but I think we might be seeing the very beginnings of Klopp's second great team. Maybe I'm talking pish but I could with something to hang on to.

Oh and Real Madrid, Ancelotti, Modric & that wee Nacho cunt can all fuck off, Franco pricks.

Post of the day, agree with every single word of it.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Imagine a club of Real Madrid's stature playing a match like this and bringing on Oxlaide Chamberlain for James Milner.

It's a disgrace, I refuse to believe we couldn't find better midfielders in the world over the last few years.

It's been an act of absolute criminal neglect.

Giving Ox his last ever taste of CL football. 

Nacho seemed to be sneering at Mo every time he stopped him, prick.

If our final ball had been better, we might have made more of a fist of it, but as has been said, Madrid looked as though there was always going to be another gear for them if needed.

Technically superior team, plus they just always seem to get the bounce of the ball when it matters, particularly against us.

Hope they win it again, it won’t be a surprise if they do, but anyone other than City will do if I’m being honest.

Just now, SlugTrail said:

I cant believe we surrendered this game so meekly. I would rather have lost this leg 6 -0 having a go and at least trying to show we cared.

I don't think we had the tools to come anywhere near beating them, I actually think avoiding a severe bumming was the best outcome, which says it all. 

Trent, Fabinho and maybe even Sallah need fucking off in the summer. They've got the talent but are just broken, need to get money for them while we still can.

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

You're still watching that shit.  Glutton for punishment.

Waiting for Jurgen post.

There was almost an argument between Ferdinand and Owen. To his credit, Owen was being positive about our chances of still getting Bellingham. Talking up Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo for the future.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Punditry these days is all about causing social media "buzz" not providing insights. One of the many reasons I'm fed up with footy.

You’re not wrong. I’ll be cancelling my subscription in about an hour. ‘Spark Sport’ only have the CL. We’re out. I’ll save my money

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

Waiting for Jurgen post.

There was almost an argument between Ferdinand and Owen. To his credit, Owen was being positive about our chances of still getting Bellingham. Talking up Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo for the future.

I like Owen nowadays. Was pissed when the little fucker left us for a pittance mind.

• Upvote 2