You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dogs,cats and other pets

Lee909

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah there was a thing on the other day saying pugs can't breathe properly because their heads are too big, but hey they look cute. 

I always wince at the current fad for making up names for cross-breeds. My dog-in-law is (apparently) a cavapoochon; he's got bits of cavalier King Charles spaniel, poodle and bichon frise. Bollocks to that. He's a daft mutt and all the better for it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I always wince at the current fad for making up names for cross-breeds. My dog-in-law is (apparently) a cavapoochon; he's got bits of cavalier King Charles spaniel, poodle and bichon frise. Bollocks to that. He's a daft mutt and all the better for it.

Sounds like the Royal Family to be fair.

We bumped into a pedigree dog bore a few months ago. He had a bodeguero (like a biggish Jack Russell), as do we. Apparently his was a pure breed unlike ours, had all the correct markings...unlike ours, etc, etc. This cunt went on about it for about ten minutes before we subtly intimated that we didn't care and left. The dog had an expression like it had found a massive bag of beak and had ploughed through the lot. It wouldn't stop barking when they walked off either. 

Weird stuff. Like bragging that your parents are cousins.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That post needs a picture of the lad 'imself.

IMG20221226211532.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I always think mutts are better than pedigree inbreds anyway.

I think there is a lot of science in this myself. In the same way say an Afro Caribbean person marries,for example,a European. This can help reduce the mutation of the sickle cell gene over a period of time,I believe. This along with other inter ethnic and cultural relationships can do similar things with other diseases and health problems. In the animal world of course,of which humans are a part.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...