You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunday 6th Nov 16:30 Tottenham vs. Liverpool

Lee909

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

That was painful to watch. Was tempted to turn it off with 5 to go.

Good win, terrible 2nd half performance. Utterly devoid of attacking intent, or the ability to run, press or string 3 passes together. 

This break can't come quick enough. Badly need injured attackers back and at least 2 midfielders who can stay fit and can play ball. 

These reds will be the end of me. 

And we still should have scored another couple before they scored. As Greavsie used to say, "Large vodka and tonic for me".

Just now, stringvest said:

he was still the only midfielder making tackles you moron.  He goes missing?  Have you ever watched Fabinho or Henderson play?  Thick as shit you are, honest to god.

He genuinely looks out of his depth especially when we're under pressure. He was as good as invisible in the 2nd half. What you describe as 'crucial' tackles...fabinho did more of that than him.

However I'm not look for desperate tackles here and there, I want to see what makes him the greatest midfield player to play for us when he's in the side.

• Downvote 1

Henderson was brutal when he came on. Fab I thought while still poor looked semi decent first half before reverting back to being invisible. Elliot I thought was good first half but faded out of the game as it went on. Thiago didn't have his best game but put in a shift at least. Bobby's worst game this season. 

Nunez Mo and Konate outstanding and Virg was very good too. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stringvest said:

he was still the only midfielder making tackles you moron.  He goes missing?  Have you ever watched Fabinho or Henderson play?  Thick as shit you are, honest to god.

So because the other two go missing that means Thiago doesn't? At least Fabinho and Henderson (and Firmino) have lots of credit in the bank at this club, yet here you are calling them The Three Disgraces.

Thiago is a fucking pussy who has done fuck all for us.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Moo said:

So because the other two go missing that means Thiago doesn't? At least Fabinho and Henderson (and Firmino) have lots of credit in the bank at this club, yet here you are calling them The Three Disgraces.

Thiago is a fucking pussy who has done fuck all for us.

Henderson and Fabinho have been dragging us down for years.  It's the other players who contribute more than their fair share who get us amongst the honours.  And as for Thiago, you forget what he did last year, because you're fucking thick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

He genuinely looks out of his depth especially when we're under pressure. He was as good as invisible in the 2nd half. What you describe as 'crucial' tackles...fabinho did more of that than him.

However I'm not look for desperate tackles here and there, I want to see what makes him the greatest midfield player to play for us when he's in the side.

go and chew on your crayons you thick fuck.

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Henderson and Fabinho have been dragging us down for years.  It's the other players who contribute more than their fair share who get us amongst the honours.  And as for Thiago, you forget what he did last year, because you're fucking thick.

What? Literally cried off before one final and created a pathetic "will he won't he?" psychodrama before another? Yeah great contribution.  You forget too quickly you dope.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, stringvest said:

We’ve watched Henderson lift every trophy for the club.  Your new bumchum as contributed as much as Lallana.

I don't really care how we played. I don't expect us to play that well currently, the midfield is knackered and we are crawling towards the World Cup. Who knows how many are playing with injuries, not fit. Jurgen has already said some of Fab's form was because he has not been able to be rested. How many others are in the same boat.

Lose today and top 4 is as good as done. Win next weekend and we could be 4 points behind with 6 weeks to get players fit to fly through the 2nd half. After the first few months of the season I would take that. 

Navigate 2 more games after the World Cup, strengthen in Jan and we could yet turn our season around. 

• Upvote 3

Christ! that 2nd half was a tough watch, we've got no game management whatsoever, we did our damnest to keep Spurs in the game with atrocious passing and ball retention.  Their subs made a positive difference ours the opposite. Henderson was dreadful and Jones barely touched the ball.

I thought Konate was great, really solid front foot defending and obviously Mo's goals were quality but fuck do we need more quality, pace, energy and drive in that midfield.

A great result nonetheless.