You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers (H) - CL, Tue 4th Oct 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Had we smashed em 8/9 nil it would’ve paper over the cracked and maybe given the squad a false sense of improvement. Instead we finish tonight with a win and a step in the right direction with something to build on in the next game…. Rinse and repeat 

I was thinking this too. It's probably for the best that we didn't smash them as it might make everyone a bit too giddy and they'd go into the next game loving the smell of their own farts again. 

As it stands we had to put in a shift, and we got a decent result out of it, which is more likely to lead to more grafting in the next game, and the game after, once we've got a few wins under our belt we'll get that spark back, and if we manage to get a win on a weekend where the blue mancs drop points then we'll see that hunger to chase the cunts down again and we'll rip teams apart til the end of the season. 

Just got to keep marching forwards for now. 

Tonight, we did what we needed to do which was to win and keep a clean sheet.

Despite the absolute hysteria by one or two to the contrary, I thought overall we played well. We can only beat what's in front of us. Neither do I get all this 'every shot was right at McGregor' stuff.

Funny, I could swear he had to move to stop shots by Nunez, Trent, Mo, Diaz and Jota. Maybe some folk dont know a keeper is allowed to move because every shot 'at him' would mean he'd still be standing rather than having to fling himself across the goal to keep the ball out of the net? How can anyone say that 2nd half save from Diaz(?) was 'straight at him'?

Pity Rangers didnt play the same keeper they did against Celtic recently but then again, shit keepers get dropped. Every time Ive seen McGregor, he's looked pretty good. For a Scottish keeper!

Despite this, there was some wayward finishing by Mo, Diaz, Jota and yes, Nunez plus some wayward passing by Thiago. Still, it's part and parcel of the game but you dont want to see it too often.

The subs did seem to unsettle us a little but maybe Rangers decided at that point in the game, it was shit or bust and even a goal might see them sneak into the Europa League if only on goals scored or whatever method UEFA use?

Kostas made a brilliant clearance and Alli made yet another worldie to keep the clean sheet.

Trent's free kick was brilliant and for once, found the back of the net. That'll boost his confidence even if it was at the opposite end of the pitch to where he's been getting some unjustified stick in my humble opinion.

The pen was nailled on and stuck away by Mo.

I'd still take a draw at arsenal right now and we need to see a run of good performances and results to be anything like what we have been.

12 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I said on another thread having two wingers and two strikers is the way forward. It is Glasgow Rangers but it's a start.

It also means we don't keep trying to hammer square pegs into round holes.

Harvey Elliott IMO as talented a player as he is and as much potential as he has is never going to be able to cover a right back marauding forward and do a defensive job - just not in his make up...

We have an abundance of attackers/attacking midfielders if you like/forwards/wide forwards - but midfielders of the highest and proven quality we are much less well off for.

Having 2 of Hendo, Fabinho and Thiago sitting for me helps us going both ways....they can help provide a bit of protection and cover and they can keep ball moving and get it to our full backs pushing on/the 3 in front of them and we can attack with more fluency, pace and variety.

12 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Craig off Coronation Street doesn't look too happy.

20221004_215612.jpg

hahaha they showed the replay from that angle and that ugly cunt didn't even watch the flight of the ball. I reckon he was clocking McGregors arse the weirdo 

• Upvote 1

A much improved performance from recent games but quality of opposition (or lack of) needs to be taken into consideration.  We should have scored more & we're wasteful infront of goal.  No goal from open play against such a poor team is still a concern but clean sheet hopefully brings just a bit of extra confidence at the back.

Next 3 games will be a much sterner test but a decent confidence booster tonight. 

Good win, clean sheet, much improved and fully deserved.

It's a pity we are absolutely fucking threadbare in midfield, I like 424 against lesser teams, but against stiffer opposition I fear were gonna ship a hatful.

Perhaps Jurgen has looked at the squad and thought, fuck it - attack really is the best form of defence.

8 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Good win, clean sheet, much improved and fully deserved.

It's a pity we are absolutely fucking threadbare in midfield, I like 424 against lesser teams, but against stiffer opposition I fear were gonna ship a hatful.

Perhaps Jurgen has looked at the squad and thought, fuck it - attack really is the best form of defence.

Not for me the 2 are a lot closer to back 4 they are sitting and can help plug gaps left by full backs bombing on easier...it also gives the 4 or the 3 and 1 in front of them and the aforementioned full backs more room to operate in....makes us less predictable and helps us stretch teams more.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Bit odd having the guy from Haircut 100 reffing the game. 

Overall, I thought he had a fantastic day.

It was altogether predictable that he would say "+1" for added time, though.

Edit: Cloggy beat me to it.  Hats off to him.  (no, I'm not even going to try...)

• Upvote 1

Not much to take from last night. We look laboured and really lacking the ability to open up teams Rangers are really poor. A win is a win let's go from there. It was good to see Nunes is hitting the ball cleanly he needs to play every game for me so his nerves calm down and he remembers its just football its what he does.

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

Bit odd having the guy from Haircut 100 reffing the game. 

He was Nobody's Fool especially as it seemed the Reds were his Favourite Shirts.