You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers (H) - CL, Tue 4th Oct 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

I thought Jota did well, he's looking sharp and dangerous.  Firmino coming on didn't do us any favours, as the ball was bouncing off him most of the time.   Trent had an easy game of it, as he played a more restrictive role, and Rangers didn't have the tools to expose him.  Great free kick too.  Tsimikas once again showing why he should be first choice.  The CBs were untroubled, largely due to Thiago doing most of the ball winning in front of them.  I was pleased for Nunez - apart from the chances he had, he played well, though he needs to breathe deeply instead of trying to do everything.  Diaz played well, as did Salah, though they were allowed an easier rider than they would get in the prem.  All in all, an improved performance which will need improving further before we meet Arsenal.  

MOM was Thiago.  

Thought their fans were shite last night. Apart from that group down the front, I barely heard them. 

They had as many half hearted versions of GSTQ as they did ball %. 

Hopefully another stroll in Glasgow next week. They can’t be as tepid again. 

52 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Thought their fans were shite last night. Apart from that group down the front, I barely heard them. 

They had as many half hearted versions of GSTQ as they did ball %. 

Hopefully another stroll in Glasgow next week. They can’t be as tepid again. 

Probably because they spent most of the match doing that build-up clap over and over. 

17 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

At least Napoli snotting Ajax means we could finish second in the group and possibly comfortably. But only if we snot Ajax too.

It’s unlikely we’ll win the group. Even if us & Napoli win our remaining games, we’ll have to beat Napoli by at least 3 clear goals to finish 1st. 

Hopefully we win at Ibrox, Napoli beat Ajax and then we only need at point In Amsterdam to qualify. 

38 minutes ago, dave u said:

Like most things related to Rangers (and Celtic for that matter), I have absolutely no fucking clue what that is about.

It could be a 1994 world cup panini sticker of Roberto Baggio and I'd still be fuming it's been put on Shanks statue. I'd also fume that I couldn't get it off in-tact..... 

31 minutes ago, Mook said:

Is that at Anfield then, not at Glenbuck?

The sticker is just completely irrelevant and embarrassing, a bit like singing Rule Brittania or God Save The King at a Football match.

Gimps.

Yes. The Shankly statue outside the Kop. If it was anything at Glenbuck it would be even weirder. 

Anyone find it funny the way every single set of fans who visit Anfield are absolutely desperate to prove that Anfield's atmosphere is a "myth". 

Evertonians normally parrot this despite the majority of them never setting foot in Anfield. Their support Usually consists of them getting excited over an air raid siren and a song from a 60s police series. Then booing and moaning for 90 minutes, abusing their own players and getting off early if they are getting  twatted. 

Usually try hards like Leeds and Rangers just sing their shite songs for a bit then stay quiet. Then you have all the other knobheads who sing anti scouse stuff all game and get annoyed that they never get a reaction. Also the knows who go OTT with "limbs" filming themselves diving over 3 rows. 

Rangers fans yesterday are like the knobheads who barely go out all year and then have to go out at Christmas to create a "mad" night. 

• Upvote 1

Still don't get why a club in a rough area of Glasgow and with the majority of it's supporters from working class areas or areas with smackhead infested tower blocks love the Queen so much and the Tories. 

Saw a few posts on Twatter last night with Rangers fans saying Liverpool is a shithole. They obviously walk around their own city blindfolded. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

mans gotta do.... 

I'm glad the majority saw them cunts for what they are. Chelsea mark II on acid 

The old firm games must be shit. I'm sure there's a good atmosphere inside the stadium as it's just 100 percent hatred but the city must be a fucking nightmare before and after the game. I presume loads of the pubs stay shut as they don't want the aggro?

9 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Still don't get why a club in a rough area of Glasgow and with the majority of it's supporters from working class areas or areas with smackhead infested tower blocks love the Queen so much and the Tories. 

They're brainwashed from an early age.

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

The old firm games must be shit. I'm sure there's a good atmosphere inside the stadium as it's just 100 percent hatred but the city must be a fucking nightmare before and after the game. I presume loads of the pubs stay shut as they don't want the aggro?

Nah the atmosphere is fucking unreal mate, at either ground. But most of the trouble around the fixture is well away from the stadiums. The police are on top of it and it's not worth it because they don't fuck about.

They don't close pubs (I've not been up for a few years) but plenty are either no colours or pretty strict one or the other pubs, especially on Old Firm weekend. 

Them lot are cunts, they showed it again that last 48 hours. Utter fucking scum. Not saying other clubs don't have cunts but they seem to have the vilest contingent in the UK by far. I've seen it up close enough times to be able to say that with confidence. 

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Anyone find it funny the way every single set of fans who visit Anfield are absolutely desperate to prove that Anfield's atmosphere is a "myth". 

Evertonians normally parrot this despite the majority of them never setting foot in Anfield. Their support Usually consists of them getting excited over an air raid siren and a song from a 60s police series. Then booing and moaning for 90 minutes, abusing their own players and getting off early if they are getting  twatted. 

Usually try hards like Leeds and Rangers just sing their shite songs for a bit then stay quiet. Then you have all the other knobheads who sing anti scouse stuff all game and get annoyed that they never get a reaction. Also the knows who go OTT with "limbs" filming themselves diving over 3 rows. 

Rangers fans yesterday are like the knobheads who barely go out all year and then have to go out at Christmas to create a "mad" night. 

They're boring cunts. Anfield would have been singing for 20 minutes nonnstop and as soon as they stop the away fans will start signing Where's your famous atmosphere. It used to wind me up, really got to me, especially when you're playing bums like Wigan - what, you expect an atmosphere like we're playing a massive European name, and not some no mark pie eater woollybacks. 

I like it when fans come and sing their own songs, but most just sing the usual shite like the Gerrard slipping song and bollocks like that, stuff that's got fuck all to do with them. I just ignore it all now. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah the atmosphere is fucking unreal mate, at either ground. But most of the trouble around the fixture is well away from the stadiums. The police are on top of it and it's not worth it because they don't fuck about.

They don't close pubs (I've not been up for a few years) but plenty are either no colours or pretty strict one or the other pubs, especially on Old Firm weekend. 

Them lot are cunts, they showed it again that last 48 hours. Utter fucking scum. Not saying other clubs don't have cunts but they seem to have the vilest contingent in the UK by far. I've seen it up close enough times to be able to say that with confidence. 

I've worked in Govan and was told never to wear any green whatsoever round there which pissed me off as I had a green coat so had to use another one. 

There were a few pubs round that suachiehall street that had signs saying no footy colours as well.

I've been to both grounds now so next time I go up I will try to watch Partick. 

The Rangers fans who came down do seemed to be complete obnoxious pricks but they were OK when I went up for the friendly a few years back. Doubt they will be that friendly on Wednesday night though.