You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Mon 22nd Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

23 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Mainly because Salah took every pen and shot on sight. 

He's now easily shackled by the shittest defenders in the league and has been for over a year. 

Nah, they are both shite aren't they.  Both of them.

Mane for leaving, and Salah for staying.

Teams are happy for us to have possession  I just don't see that as a barometer of playing well. We're doing very little with it. Ten haag saying this is only the beginning like they have shown their quality. Every team we face knows how to expose us there was nothing good in uniteds performance except they worked harder much to our shame.

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

3 games this season and the only way you can describe us is shite. The players need a kick up the arse especially those who swagger around like they don't need to work any more. Bournemouth next and for me it's not only a win we need its a performance and to be honest we don't even look like we have enough fight in us to beat them or the creativity. Intensity is our identity, we are playing with neither intensity or an identity. Ljinders needs to recall his book.

When your assistant starts writing books you know you have a problem

37 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Even when he didn't have the best of games he still scores!

One of the best that's ever been in a Liverpool shirt and people are saying they wish he was the one who left in the summer. Madness!

Daisy is nothing but a troll. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

This having Salah wide and Trent tucked inside him really isn't working

Yeah, when we've tweaked things at the beginning of a season in the past, there have often been teething troubles, but you've usually been able to see what the end game is. But with this, it just makes arguably our two most creative players markedly less creative - feels completely pointless.

I thought I'd have calmed down about this but I'm still fucking incensed. 

That team opened us up for the biggest quiver of cunts in football to take the piss with their sign on songs (working class solidarity as usual from the twats) and let themselves get outplayed and outfought by one of the worst man U sides in my lifetime. Paving the way for some sort of mini revival where their manager was lauded for an hour as some kind of footballing miracle worker. 

This Liverpool midfield needs major surgery. No side with James Milner starting has any business thinking its in the running for major honours. Him and Henderson are useful but limited, we can carry one but not both - certainly not when the third is an unproven teenager. 

There's an absolute chasm in class between the midfield and the rest of the XI.

All that being said, how embarrassing must it be to be the mancs watching that last night. Cheering your captain for refusing to give the ball back after you've conceded a goal. The 1984-style Martin Tyler commentary that it was a 'cauldron', even though for most of the time after we scored you could hear people eating crisps. If you could sum that up last night it'd be people in Newton Heath scarves cheering one of their players for lashing the ball into Row Z rather than try and play it out.

How far they've fallen. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

That team opened us up for the biggest quiver of cunts in football to take the piss with their sign on songs (working class solidarity as usual from the twats) and let themselves get outplayed and outfought by one of the worst man U sides in my lifetime. Paving the way for some sort of mini revival where their manager was lauded for an hour as some kind of footballing miracle worker. 

This Liverpool midfield needs major surgery. No side with James Milner starting has any business thinking its in the running for major honours. Him and Henderson are useful but limited, we can carry one but not both - certainly not when the third is an unproven teenager. 

All that being said, how embarrassing must it be to be the mancs watching that last night. Cheering your captain for refusing to give the ball back after you've conceded a goal. The 1984-style Martin Tyler commentary that it was a 'cauldron', even though for most of the time after we scored you could hear people eating crisps. If you could sum that up last night it'd be people in Newton Heath scarves cheering one of their players for lashing the ball into Row Z rather than try and play it out.

How far they've fallen. 

They will finish above us this season 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Lee909 said:

That Hendetson contract looks worse amd worse each game. 140k a week for the next 4 years. He's been great as captain but 4 year deals for a 31 year old is crazy,especially with his injury history

I like Henderson in that three much the same was as I saw the logic in someone like Deschamps in a three with Conte and Davids. Nowhere near the quality of the others but a steadying presence. But he has to be in that three with two quality players, Fabinho and sicknote Thiago. When he's not, he's drastically exposed. 

Milner should be playing 10/15 minutes at the end of matches to shore up a lead, not starting against a fired up side looking to start the match at 100mph.

I'm genuinely at a loss at how we've led the midfield slide into such mediocrity, because unless he's a great actor and is trying to mask his dismay, Klopp doesn't seem to think it is. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How far they've fallen. 

I’d say it’s easily THE worst team of yours and my lifetime and that’s what’s making this even harder for me to swallow. 

Even at 60% we should spank that team all over that shithole ground but we were probably playing at about 30% we were that utterly abject. 

• Upvote 1

I'm here at work in Salford having to listen to jubilant mancs reliving a game that all thought they were gonna get smashed in.

This shit that we're  serving up this season is just unacceptable. Everyone at LFC needs to pull their  collective fingers out their arses and sort this shit out.

FSG give the manager what he desperately needs, wants and deserves you fucking tight arsed cunts!

Fully expected with their situation and our line-up and injuries. We are working permanently behind squad wise as we all should know, if the manager is happy with FSG his face doesn’t show it. I hope they haven’t made promises they won’t not can’t keep to Klopp.

Life goes on, some of us have bigger worries. God bless.

I wonder if we'll think about buying a midfielder when we go 1-0 down on Saturday afternoon.

Last night was absolutely chronic, gifting that shower of cunts a kick start into the season was absolutely unforgivable. 

Cunts.

• Upvote 1

I'm still fucking fuming to be honest have had 4 hours in work being told your lot are shite Utd are back Ten Hag is better than Klopp blah blah fucking blah, That midfield needs open heart surgery it's fucked even with Thiago, Ox and Naby back fit its still shite sell Naby and Ox for whatever we can get now and get some class in there. I've also decided to be a cunt for the next 4 hours in work next one who mention Utd this or that is on Furnace cleaning duty in this heat one of the few perks of being in charge.

• Upvote 2

Hendo fit and at his best was really good as the rcm or playing as the 6 in home games where we dictate the game. His energy and ability to get up and down covered the areas he lacked in football terms. That looks to be on the downside. And it's hard to see how it gets better