You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Motherfucking Tyler

redinblack

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I’ve always hated the prick, what did he say regarding Hillsborough? 

“You have got to remember football was in a bit of a crisis at that time. We weren't that long after Hillsborough and other hooligan-related issues as well, so it was very much a difficult time for the game generally.” 

He apologised after and claimed he did not mean to link the two things.

"This morning while discussing various crises facing football 30 years ago, I referred to some examples including the Hillsborough disaster and also controversy over hooliganism at matches. These are two separate issues. There is no connection at all between the Hillsborough disaster and hooliganism - I know that, and I was not implying that there was. I apologise sincerely and wholeheartedly for any misunderstanding."

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, an tha said:

“You have got to remember football was in a bit of a crisis at that time. We weren't that long after Hillsborough and other hooligan-related issues as well, so it was very much a difficult time for the game generally.” 

He apologised after and claimed he did not mean to link the two things.

"This morning while discussing various crises facing football 30 years ago, I referred to some examples including the Hillsborough disaster and also controversy over hooliganism at matches. These are two separate issues. There is no connection at all between the Hillsborough disaster and hooliganism - I know that, and I was not implying that there was. I apologise sincerely and wholeheartedly for any misunderstanding."

Yeah I remember now. 

As much as I hate the prick I think it was just terribly worded but a professional should know better and not make that kind of mistake. 

9 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Yeah I remember now. 

As much as I hate the prick I think it was just terribly worded but a professional should know better and not make that kind of mistake. 

At best it was clumsy and stupid....

• Upvote 1

His career is a really sobering story. In his early days at ITV he was fine - free of Motson's clumsy allusions and over-reactions, and Tyldsley's snarky attempts at humour. He just got on with the game. 

Then came Sky, and bit by bit, with the help of hype and the ego-hugging banter with Gray, he gradually grew into that horrible concatenation of cliches, self-conscious shrieks and sundry vocal tics.

Then he just got tired, which allowed all of his prejudices to start creeping out: the love of some clubs, the hatred of others, writ large for us, of course, with his regular 90-minute mournings when we won on his watch.

'He's The Voice, the Master,' say Sky. Yeah, that's why you've dropped him, is it? 'Are you okay?'

Good riddance to the profoundly disappointing little man that he has become. Or, as he would say, 'Goodbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye!!!'

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/06/2023 at 10:57, joeyk said:

I'll always have good memories of his Fowleeerrrr!!! Whenever God scored a goal in the 90's. 

Essentially, I'm a fan of his earlier work. After that, not so much. 

It goes all the way back to then for me. He was loving the Mancs’ success and was shitting himself about Liverpool returning. In the Anfield game last season he was desperate for them to put in a performance and turn us over.

On 17/06/2023 at 12:49, AngryOfTuebrook said:

They're showing clips of dramatic moments from matches and pretending that Tyler made them "iconic".  I've just watched Origi's "little arms" Derby winner; always a joy to watch, but I genuinely couldn't tell you anything Tyler said when Div scored.

Something on the lines of 'oh for fuck's sake!'

• Haha 1

On 17/06/2023 at 10:57, joeyk said:

I'll always have good memories of his Fowleeerrrr!!! Whenever God scored a goal in the 90's. 

Essentially, I'm a fan of his earlier work. After that, not so much. 

Its a bit weird, I am sure he was involved on some of the clubs videos and was fairly close to us back in the day, but something definitely changed over the past 10 /15 years