You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's weird with Kane, I don't pay England much mind but despite his scoring record, I never view him as someone who turns up when the shit hits the fan like Shearer and Lineker did.

He's a great goalscorer and he's added to his game the last couple of seasons, but he's never dragged his team over the line through sheer force of will like a Gerrard. 

• Upvote 1

It's 35 minutes into a match between Canada and Panama--another of these meaningless "Cup" competitions designed to raise money to pay the salaries of the people who run these corrupt federations--Canada's up 1-0, the ball comes to Canada's keeper (the moron who gave away the goal in the WC) who chests it down and then stands there waiting for a Panamanian player to come and force him to pick it up.

Thirty-five minutes into the match and he's killing the clock.

He plays for a team that relies on speed and pressure and athleticism, and he's trying to slow the match down to kill the clock.

In the first half of a meaningless friendly.

He's been watching too much Premier League football.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If I recieved that I'd become a record breaker too.

Fuck me Kane is a twat.  

Half the player of Lineker, Charlton, Shearer and he pulls a stunt like this.  Knobhead.

16 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

What a strange, self absorbed, dribble chinned fella Kane is.

What the fuck does he think the players will do with this? Hang it in their bedroom? It's weird and narcissistic that he thinks that it will go anywhere except the attic/bin

Hahahaha, Andros Townsend

”I’m still waiting for Jurgen Klopp to apologise to Gareth Southgate for questioning why you would play the best right back in midfield. “

proving perfectly that some ex pros simply aren’t intelligent enough to understand the game

8 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Hahahaha, Andros Townsend

”I’m still waiting for Jurgen Klopp to apologise to Gareth Southgate for questioning why you would play the best right back in midfield. “

proving perfectly that some ex pros simply aren’t intelligent enough to understand the game

Southgate should apologise to Klopp for being mentioned in the same sentence together the clueless blert.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Brilliant goal from Trent

No way we are going to be able to put him back to right back. Honestly think another year as a fullback and he'd be asking to move

He doesn't want to play there nor should he. It doesn't mean we should expect him to do this hybrid role where every game he gets slated for being a shit defender when he's being asked to be De Bruyne and Walker Maybe better midfielders will help this but I think we look like a side that's over thinking football and giving absolute dogshit teams every opportunity to hurt us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He doesn't want to play there nor should he. It doesn't mean we should expect him to do this hybrid role where every game he gets slated for being a shit defender when he's being asked to be De Bruyne and Walker Maybe better midfielders will help this but I think we look like a side that's over thinking football and giving absolute dogshit teams every opportunity to hurt us.

Agree with that. 

If we want to play 433 then he needs to go RCM and a new RB brought in. If we want that formation from tbe end of last year we need a more mobile 6 who can drop back quickly to make up the numbers. Saw in the Southampton game that Fabinho pace has gone

Maddison is such a twat. 

Looked like he was moaning about that Trent pass, use your left foot dickhead and you'd have got it. Then plays a through ball 3 yards behind the run

He's a show pony that thinks he's something he's not

Good of Southgate to play Saka the last 10 of the 1st half with what looks like a hamstring injury. That's the problem with international coaches. They don't give a shit about players fitness