You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

City don't look particularly better, Haaland is just scoring every game. They're consistently going behind in matches.

I'm not sure what is supposed to be more scary about this side than other City sides, unless they keep improving throughout the season, but it's not like there's a huge margin of improvement there.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

City don't look particularly better, Haaland is just scoring every game. They're consistently going behind in matches.

I'm not sure what is supposed to be more scary about this side than other City sides, unless they keep improving throughout the season, but it's not like there's a huge margin of improvement there.

Agree with this. Their performance tonight wasn’t very impressive. Seemed to lack both energy and creativity. Like us their pressing wasn’t at the normal standard.

Match was won by a moment of individual brilliance, which is always a good thing to have, but performance was far from their normal level.

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Haaland winning every game for them will definitely become a troubling issue for a personality like Guardiola. 

Nothing that a spell as an inverted wide receiver hybrid setter couldn't fix. 

Haaland will soon learn that no-one is bigger than the diminutive Catalan. 

9 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Agree with this. Their performance tonight wasn’t very impressive. Seemed to lack both energy and creativity. Like us their pressing wasn’t at the normal standard.

Match was won by a moment of individual brilliance, which is always a good thing to have, but performance was far from their normal level.

Haaland is useless at pressing, and City's team play suffer greatly from his (and Mahrez'/Grealish's) presence in that respect. Dortmund found it ridiculously easy to play through them most of the game. That probably won't be an issue as long as they keep turning games around and he pops up with match-winners, but I think they've regressed in many parts of their game (judging on tonight and the other games I've seen them this season). They're unfortunately still able to put consistent pressure on opponents in important periods of the games, and most of their opponents so far have crumbled under said pressure. Helps when your opposing keeper has shorter arms than Pickford, has to be said.

1 hour ago, etho said:

Just saw the Haaland goal. He's basically Olivier giroud but with absolutely loads of pace

Unfortunately, that's all that prevented Giroud, who I think was already quality, from being world class.

Straw-clutching here, but the real challenge for City will come if he has a fall-off in form or if he gets injured. It's hard to argue that they're not already dependent on him. 

It's a pity too that Bernardo Silva didn't go to Barcelona. He's an awful little scrote but an excellent footballer. 

• Upvote 3

My local club. Will be there tonight. Sold our two best players this summer, but still play decent football. We''ll probably get tonked. But this gesture is awesome. Think the Hammer supporters appreciate it. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11215383/Former-Bolton-striker-Henrik-Pederson-serves-pints-West-Ham-fans-bar-Silkeborg.html

• Upvote 2