You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pre-season 2022

JohnnyH

16 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Before the game Klopp said there was 2 hard sessions yesterday.

I think that is very evident. 

Pearce saying there was a full session yesterday morning as well. 

We did the majority of things very well last night. Just that last 5/10% missing, which I think can be put down to heavy legs - over hit / under hit passes at crucial moments, lack of sharpness in the box…

I’m not concerned we got beat.

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Pearce saying there was a full session yesterday morning as well. 

We did the majority of things very well last night. Just that last 5/10% missing, which I think can be put down to heavy legs - over hit / under hit passes at crucial moments, lack of sharpness in the box…

I’m not concerned we got beat.

Last night doesn't really bother me. Klopp said it wouldn't be great for the players last week. I just see it as a mental challenge for them.

Tbh I thought we played better than I expected. They are 2 weeks in their campaign and we are coming off the back of our most gruelling training of the season and yet still could have scored 4-5.

I am more concerned about Saturday. Not because I am that bothered about the CS but because psychologically it would be great to get one over them and create some real positivity going into the season.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HBenn said:

I am more concerned about Saturday. Not because I am that bothered about the CS but because psychologically it would be great to get one over them and create some real positivity going into the season.

Alternatively, we could lose and then go to get 99 points, winning the title after 31 game…

I’d like to win on Saturday as well, I won’t win any sleep if we don’t (unless we get humiliated). 

15 minutes ago, Strontium said:

If you buy a Ferrari, you're entitled to think it will purr as soon as you drive it off the lot. Not that it will need a thousand miles of driving to be broken in.

You have obviously never owned a high performance machine - they do have a break in period.

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Alternatively, we could lose and then go to get 99 points, winning the title after 31 game…

I’d like to win on Saturday as well, I won’t win any sleep if we don’t (unless we get humiliated). 

Yes, absolutely, that would be wonderful.

As long as its tight on Saturday and we don't get mullered I won't be too bothered either really. 

4 hours ago, Mook said:

The Twitter virgins (& a few on here) will be up in arms if Klopp doesn't start the season with our marquee summer signing in the front three.

I think he'll start at Fulham, if not on Saturday. Not due to the Twitter twats but because Klopp spent a fortune and has had a good few weeks to work with him.

For £64m he fucking well should be ready to start! We're not bastard Man City!

Looking at LFC twitter and the general bed wetting (I know it’s twitter etc)but when did pre season results become a thing really weird I’m sure we didn’t win most of our pre season games before we pissed the league I always thought it was about getting players in physical shape for for the upcoming season 

Pre season is supposed to give you the 'feel good' factor. Or so they say. They are just fitness games in my opinion. It's not a good look to lose to some mongrel minnow side from the arse end of nowhere.

Losing to united is never a good thing either so Im just baffled why the club arranged that as the first pre season game. Mind you, looking at our pre season results, Im not sure playing them last would have made much difference to a result.

The stick being given to Nunez is an utter joke. That said and as much as I love Jurgen, I find the fact Nunez has played while Mo sits on the bench and vice versa, very strange.

It's also majorly disappointing the injuries we have pre season Alli, Kelleher, Jota, Ox all injured. Some the result of ridiculous meaningless internationals.

I havent seen the group pundits 'predictions' for the coming season. Maybe they're too embarassed after 20 odd of them predicted we'd finish no better than 3rd last season? But, I see Ben Forster has tipped chelsea to finish 2nd ahead of us this time. Incredible.

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Pre season is supposed to give you the 'feel good' factor. Or so they say. They are just fitness games in my opinion. It's not a good look to lose to some mongrel minnow side from the arse end of nowhere.

Losing to united is never a good thing either so Im just baffled why the club arranged that as the first pre season game. Mind you, looking at our pre season results, Im not sure playing them last would have made much difference to a result.

The stick being given to Nunez is an utter joke. That said and as much as I love Jurgen, I find the fact Nunez has played while Mo sits on the bench and vice versa, very strange.

It's also majorly disappointing the injuries we have pre season Alli, Kelleher, Jota, Ox all injured. Some the result of ridiculous meaningless internationals.

I havent seen the group pundits 'predictions' for the coming season. Maybe they're too embarassed after 20 odd of them predicted we'd finish no better than 3rd last season? But, I see Ben Forster has tipped chelsea to finish 2nd ahead of us this time. Incredible.

Think the Utd game was purely about money. I am sure they knew all along Jurgen would play the kids/use it for fitness.

6 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Looks like pre-season wasn't long enough, we'll be playing two games this weekend (City & Strasbourg) and two games next weekend (Fulham and Aston Villa behind closed doors).

I wonder what Klopp is hiding this time.

8 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Looks like pre-season wasn't long enough, we'll be playing two games this weekend (City & Strasbourg) and two games next weekend (Fulham and Aston Villa behind closed doors).

A bit concerning he feels we need another game. If it's just about coaching and fitness, I would've thought we could just make up two teams from the squad. The way Villa kicked their way through the game last season I wouldn't risk playing a 'friendly' against them. 

I don't see anything odd about the extra friendly to be honest. I think it makes total sense considering the shortened pre-season. Especially with a few players still learning the system and a few others returning from injury.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We've been playing behind closed doors friendlies in pre season for years.

Only reason it is seen as an 'issue' now is because of the fucking ridiculous amount of coverage pre season now gets - in the past it all went on without us all really knowing much.

The manager and his staff know what they are doing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, an tha said:

We've been playing behind closed doors friendlies in pre season for years.

Only reason it is seen as an 'issue' now is because of fucking crying arses wanting to stick the boot in about something. The same cunts rubbing their hands together at the thought of making a mountain out of losing to City at the weekend. 

Fixed

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

It’s amazing the seemingly large amount of rival fans tune in to watch our pre season games. That comes with being a great team I suppose. 

Should thank them really for making us more attractive to potential and existing sponsors. Long may it continue!