You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pre-season 2022

JohnnyH

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Fuck off with this shit. Just train and do your job on the pitch.

Is right.

No issue if someone else there photographs it and posts it - but to post it yourself is IMO just shite.

Modern footy/world i suppose but it isn't for me.

I know the days of coming back 2 stone overweight are gone but seeing the video they put out today looks like everyone got stuck in over the summer including Klopp. 

Good to see the older lads/staff controlling the music in the gym too

46 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I know the days of coming back 2 stone overweight are gone but seeing the video they put out today looks like everyone got stuck in over the summer including Klopp. 

Good to see the older lads/staff controlling the music in the gym too

I just watched it. I wish I was as fat as them. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People going crazy about Darwin saying 3 words in English.

To be fair I was going crazy when he was shouting "puta" at the Newcastle players after our injury time winner against them at Anfield 

27 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People going crazy about Darwin saying 3 words in English.

This is where the modern day coverage of everything and its deep reach is shite.

Pre-season used to be something that went on that apart from seeing the scores in the paper and maybe getting to the odd game away somewhere like chester, people just never really saw anything of.

Now the clubs themselves hype it to fuck - and of course load up their social media channels and websites with all sorts of shite for clicks and views and likes etc - like fitness tests, 'first day back' 'oh look we have landed in so and so land look at the welcome' blah blah blah - that just feeds people even more shite to overreact to etc.....We are discussing it here!

Then the games themselves are analysed to fuck and all sorts of shite talked - last year Nunez missing a chance in some meaningless game and i think even a pre season training session were trending videos or gifs or whatever they are called FFS.

I wish it would all just fuck off and it went back to being something that was a quiet, in the background thing - but those days are long gone.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

This is where the modern day coverage of everything and its deep reach is shite.

Pre-season used to be something that went on that apart from seeing the scores in the paper and maybe getting to the odd game away somewhere like chester, people just never really saw anything of.

Now the clubs themselves hype it to fuck - and of course load up their social media channels and websites with all sorts of shite for clicks and views and likes etc - like fitness tests, 'first day back' 'oh look we have landed in so and so land look at the welcome' blah blah blah - that just feeds people even more shite to overreact to etc.....We are discussing it here!

Then the games themselves are analysed to fuck and all sorts of shite talked - last year Nunez missing a chance in some meaningless game and i think even a pre season training session were trending videos or gifs or whatever they are called FFS.

I wish it would all just fuck off and it went back to being something that was a quiet, in the background thing - but those days are long gone.

I'm fine with all the pre-season stuff. Fans crave content and access to players.

I'm just still blown away at how effective Klopp's comments about his English was. People have gone nuts over that.

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm fine with all the pre-season stuff. Fans crave content and access to players.

I'm just still blown away at how effective Klopp's comments about his English was. 

Nah it's part of the shitness of modern footy and adds to the rank stupidity and ridiculous shite that follows the game/clubs on twatter etc.

Game is a total circus and it is exhausting enough without it being stretched out to include pre-season too.

17 minutes ago, an tha said:

Nah it's part of the shitness of modern footy and adds to the rank stupidity and ridiculous shite that follows the game/clubs on twatter etc.

Game is a total circus and it is exhausting enough without it being stretched out to include pre-season too.

I mean, people like to watch the pre-season stuff, they want to follow their team almost 365 days per year. It's easy to ignore it if you don't like it.

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean, people like to watch the pre-season stuff, they want to follow their team almost 365 days per year. It's easy to ignore it if you don't like it.

Thing is it sort of isn't.....it is like the thiago thing today for example.

I hadn't given pre-season a thought, didn't even know or care that some players were due back today, it is of no interest to me really.

But I see here someone has posted in the injuries thread here - so i take a look and see a post that has copied a report about Thiago failed to train as planned today, that sort of thing would simply not have been a story until recent times - and it of course is one for the reasons you state - but as much as i would not be interested i end up not avoiding it because it gets brought here. 

It is what it is and no biggie - but i find it shite.