You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

The Gary Neville podcast (I listen so you don't have to).

The new owners won't judge Ten Hag until he has the injured players back: Maguire, Lindaloff, Martinez and Hoijland.

Never has a person so articulately spoken so much wrong.

PLEASE can the new owners give Gazza a leadership role.

He sounds so credible, but in the cold light of day, speaks absolute drivel.

Wrong, but wrong spoken well.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, razor said:

The new owners won't judge Ten Hag until he has the injured players back: Maguire, Lindaloff, Martinez and Hoijland.

Biggest whopper in world football alongside his girlfriend Carragher.

On 02/01/2024 at 02:58, razor said:

let's hope he's right. it is quite wonderful to think they're waiting for maguire to come back to judge seven hag, when in fact if it was down to seven hag, he would never pick maguire again and he would be out of the club. 

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

let's hope he's right. it is quite wonderful to think they're waiting for maguire to come back to judge seven hag, when in fact if it was down to seven hag, he would never pick maguire again and he would be out of the club. 

So right. Maguire is actually a slightly above average defender for teams that are set up for his strengths. Put it like this, Ten Haag's style does him no favours, whereas a Dyche would have him looking pretty good. 

McTomminay has been their best player. Again, a very un-Ten Haag player which just shows how Ten Haag hasn't been able to put his identity on them at all. To be fair, plenty of managers across the league like Dyche, the fella at Bournemouth and many more have put a stamp on their teams in a relatively short period of time. He has shown he hasn't done that and he can hide behind Neville and their fans wanting to have pops at the Glazers. 

He's a poor man's Moyesie from what I can see.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

So right. Maguire is actually a slightly above average defender for teams that are set up for his strengths. Put it like this, Ten Haag's style does him no favours, whereas a Dyche would have him looking pretty good. 

McTomminay has been their best player. Again, a very un-Ten Haag player which just shows how Ten Haag hasn't been able to put his identity on them at all. To be fair, plenty of managers across the league like Dyche, the fella at Bournemouth and many more have put a stamp on their teams in a relatively short period of time. He has shown he hasn't done that and he can hide behind Neville and their fans wanting to have pops at the Glazers. 

He's a poor man's Moyesie from what I can see.

i don't even think he is a poor mans moyesie. moyes puts his stamp on teams. even there he managed that by buying that fucking lump fellani and trying to play to his strengths, it just made them a worse team in the process, because why wouldn't it, it was fellani and he was moving away from a style that had brought success from a club legend? i can't actually think of too many managers who have completely failed to put their stamp on a team after such an amount of time, even when they're not great managers. Take Rodgers for example - he put his stamp on our team very quickly. he mightn't have been a good manager, but you could identify his team. the only success seven hag has had at mancs and had something resembling a style, was when he was leaning heavily into what had brought the rice crispie some success. sit in, counter and hope rashford bales you out of the shit. 

but as i said in the last post. long may it continue that before they want to judge him, they'll wait for him to bring back some bloke he doesn't want. 

On 02/01/2024 at 02:58, razor said:

I was at the game on Monday so can’t  comment on Neville’s full commentary, what I’ve heard on the highlights was absolutely atrocious.

Although he’s currently in the denial stage (hence why he’s constantly trying to discredit us) he’s shit scared we’re going to win the league and match the mancs 20 times.  

• Upvote 1

It should be easy to turn them around on the pitch with a bit of buy in from the supporters and a nod to Us/Arsenal for guidance (although they'd probably fuck it up and make it incredibly difficult).

You still have to get the structure right above the manager and the trust of supporters but if you tell them it's going to be an indifferent 3 or 4 years with a clear direction instead of multiple sets of indifferent 3 or 4 years with no direction then there's only one choice.

Bin off every high earner, have difficult conversations with the likes of Rashford and Fernandes and build from the ground up based on young hungry talented players that they should have no problems attracting, low wages, high incentives, data driven recruitment, the blueprints are all their from other clubs and the fact they're only now investing in proper data is criminal.

They make so much money but waste so much money that if they got that right and built a stable foundation instead of trying to patch holes and sign big players on big wages because it's what's expected of them then they would be setting themselves up for years.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It should be easy to turn them around on the pitch with a bit of buy in from the supporters and a nod to Us/Arsenal for guidance (although they'd probably fuck it up and make it incredibly difficult).

You still have to get the structure right above the manager and the trust of supporters but if you tell them it's going to be an indifferent 3 or 4 years with a clear direction instead of multiple sets of indifferent 3 or 4 years with no direction then there's only one choice.

Bin off every high earner, have difficult conversations with the likes of Rashford and Fernandes and build from the ground up based on young hungry talented players that they should have no problems attracting, low wages, high incentives, data driven recruitment, the blueprints are all their from other clubs and the fact they're only now investing in proper data is criminal.

They make so much money but waste so much money that if they got that right and built a stable foundation instead of trying to patch holes and sign big players on big wages because it's what's expected of them then they would be setting themselves up for years.

I think a big part of their problem is that they see themselves as a glamorous club; that attracts (expensive and overpaid) players who are in it for the glamour and can't be relied on to put a shift in.

Long may it last.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Announce Messi and build a Manchester United spaceship.

I will say one thing. 

That Dave Brailsford knows how to organise a winning machine. 

OK, technically he's only done it in cycling, but under his leadership, the GB track team, and subsequent sky/ineos cycling team have dominated for the guts of a decade. And they've walked a technical tight rope when it comes to doping. 

I'll be honest, I'm slightly worried these smelly cunts will finally get something right.... And soon 

On 06/01/2024 at 12:16, TD_LFC said:

The problem for them is that for any of their supporters over their late 20s, they are used to them winning titles pretty much every season. 

Like us, the bigger you are, the harder you fall. If you asked me in 1990, how many titles we would have in 2024, I'd have said at least 28 but I'd have been confident we'd have 30+ titles and that would have been me thinking that the good times were bound to slow down a bit eventually. I also would have had Everton winning a few titles and would have thought the Mancs might have won one or two, but wouldn't have put money on it in respect of them. 

It's 11 years and counting and that clocks weighs down heavier as we know so well.

Fact is they are a huge club but modern players care little about their past glories. If they're in with a chance of titles, they'll attract the right kind of player. They aren't so they have to take punts on lads, or have bought elite players like Varane or Casemiro, who both left Real (the real biggest club in the world) for the dosh as they are on the way down. Let's be honest, they aren't leaving a city like Madrid, playing under Ancelloti and playing for Real for the right reasons.

Their fans are a gigantic part of the problem. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The problem for them is that for any of their supporters over their late 20s, they are used to them winning titles pretty much every season. 

Like us, the bigger you are, the harder you fall. If you asked me in 1990, how many titles we would have in 2024, I'd have said at least 28 but I'd have been confident we'd have 30+ titles and that would have been me thinking that the good times were bound to slow down a bit eventually. I also would have had Everton winning a few titles and would have thought the Mancs might have won one or two, but wouldn't have put money on it in respect of them. 

It's 11 years and counting and that clocks weighs down heavier as we know so well.

Fact is they are a huge club but modern players care little about their past glories. If they're in with a chance of titles, they'll attract the right kind of player. They aren't so they have to take punts on lads, or have bought elite players like Varane or Casemiro, who both left Real (the real biggest club in the world) for the dosh as they are on the way down. Let's be honest, they aren't leaving a city like Madrid, playing under Ancelloti and playing for Real for the right reasons.

Their fans are a gigantic part of the problem

Because they're absolute wankers..... Right? 

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

I will say one thing. 

OK, technically he's only done it in cycling, but under his leadership, the GB track team, and subsequent sky/ineos cycling team have dominated for the guts of a decade. And they've walked a technical tight rope when it comes to doping. 

I'll be honest, I'm slightly worried these smelly cunts will finally get something right.... And soon 

Doping is not as effective in football. 

On 06/01/2024 at 12:01, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Another triumphant signing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67898509

Get him out of the way for a few months and bring him back once seven hag is sacked. 

11 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I will say one thing. 

I know fuck all about cycling, but wasn't the reason they won everything was the cyclists were doped up? 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Code said:

Doping is not as effective in football. 

I think it very well could be. Improving your squad's performance by 4 or 5% is very similar to most team sports were the top performers are quite evenly matched and small improvements is stamina,speed or strength have big gains. Keeping 20 odd players and staff from blabbing would be even more expensive than paying them.